Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy My pathetic sway. Help! What are my chances?

Ok so my husband and I had a bit of a not-well-planned attempt at a girl sway. Impatience led us to attempt last night and these are the only aspects of a "sway" that we did:

Random facts: hubby is 30. I am 29.
    1 attempt only.
    7 day abstinence
    Only attempt was made on the evening of my first OPK
    Jumped and dumped after about 3 minutes

My real questions are: how much of a sway is this really??
    And, what are my chances of being pregnant at all?
    I feel like it doesn't even count as a girl sway! I also feel like I probably didn't get pregnant since we didn't BD until after I had some very distinct O pain.
    I've been taking OPKs twice a day, morning and evening, and got my very first positive yesterday morning around 7am. Even darker in the evening at around 5pm.
    I then had very clear and distinct ovulation pain on my right side at apx 8:30-9pm. Lasted about 15 minutes and then turned into just a dull ache in that side. My CM drastically lessened, also leading me to believe I Oed at that time.
    We BDed at around 11:30PM last night. I did get up and "dump" after about 3 or so minutes after hubby ejaculated.
    Last edited by 2sweetboys; October 4th, 2015 at 12:40 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, my crystal ball is in the shop this week and I can't honestly answer q's like this without it. You always have a chance of conception and you always have a chance of a girl.

One attempt has been getting very good results so if you have to do only one thing, make it THAT thing! One attempt + jump and dump has even better results so feel good about that. On this site even if you only do ONE thing to sway, it's still a sway and still counts.

O pain does not tell you anything about ovulation. You can have O pain before, during, and after O for lots of different reasons. Your CM also does not tell you when you Oed. It's not at all unusual to get EWCM for days after O or to have it dry up before. IT is absolutely impossible to tell when you ovulated in a 15-30 minute window, it just doesn't work like that. Even highly trained experts could not determine the DAY that they ovulated with any more accuracy than random chance, let alone the hour. Just isn't possible.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Unfortunately, my crystal ball is in the shop this week and I can't honestly answer q's like this without it. You always have a chance of conception and you always have a chance of a girl.

One attempt has been getting very good results so if you have to do only one thing, make it THAT thing! One attempt + jump and dump has even better results so feel good about that. On this site even if you only do ONE thing to sway, it's still a sway and still counts.

O pain does not tell you anything about ovulation. You can have O pain before, during, and after O for lots of different reasons. Your CM also does not tell you when you Oed. It's not at all unusual to get EWCM for days after O or to have it dry up before. IT is absolutely impossible to tell when you ovulated in a 15-30 minute window, it just doesn't work like that. Even highly trained experts could not determine the DAY that they ovulated with any more accuracy than random chance, let alone the hour. Just isn't possible.
    Wow! I had no idea it was that hard to predict. If CM and O pain and OPKs can't predict the day it happens, then what do you recommend as far as timing intercourse?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not believe timing sways (and most of us on here, me included, have 2,3,4 or more timing opposites.) What does seem to sway is that one attempt, regardless of when you have it. We have found that the one attempt at positive OPK is just a convenient way to put that one attempt at a point in time with good odds of conception, 1-2 days before ovulation, both of which are good shots of conception. There's no need to pin it down any closer than that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not believe timing sways (and most of us on here, me included, have 2,3,4 or more timing opposites.) What does seem to sway is that one attempt, regardless of when you have it. We have found that the one attempt at positive OPK is just a convenient way to put that one attempt at a point in time with good odds of conception, 1-2 days before ovulation, both of which are good shots of conception. There's no need to pin it down any closer than that.
    Thank you! That answers a lot of my confusion! As far as just likelihood of conception, does it make any difference that it was at 11:30pm the night of my first positive? My first positive was at 7am that day, so like...nearly 17 hours after my positive opk! My last negative was at 5pm the day before. Do you think (I know you can't know for sure, but I'm still trying to get the hang of these OPK things!) that it's still decent odds at conception? I was only 30 minutes from the next day! ��

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both 1-2 days before are good odds of conception. Even 3 days before is in with a chance. It's only when we get to 4,5 days before (which some do with timing) or a day after O that it really drops to slim to none

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sweetboys View Post
    Ok so my husband and I had a bit of a not-well-planned attempt at a girl sway. Impatience led us to attempt last night and these are the only aspects of a "sway" that we did:

Random facts: hubby is 30. I am 29.
    1 attempt only.
    7 day abstinence
    Only attempt was made on the evening of my first OPK
    Jumped and dumped after about 3 minutes

My real questions are: how much of a sway is this really??
    And, what are my chances of being pregnant at all?
    I feel like it doesn't even count as a girl sway! I also feel like I probably didn't get pregnant since we didn't BD until after I had some very distinct O pain.
    I've been taking OPKs twice a day, morning and evening, and got my very first positive yesterday morning around 7am. Even darker in the evening at around 5pm.
    I then had very clear and distinct ovulation pain on my right side at apx 8:30-9pm. Lasted about 15 minutes and then turned into just a dull ache in that side. My CM drastically lessened, also leading me to believe I Oed at that time.
    We BDed at around 11:30PM last night. I did get up and "dump" after about 3 or so minutes after hubby ejaculated.
    My sway is almost exactly like yours!

We have been TTC for 4 years, I came here after no success with shettles, got some advice from some wonderful ladies, atomic included, and DTD on pos opk day.

I had a 3-4 day abstinence, only bc DH came home late every night. We WERE supposed to do sperm meets egg, but I ovulated FIVE days early, which put us at the every 4 day method! I got my pos OPK at 11am, dtd right after. It was neg by 8 that evening (yesterday-monday)

I tried to not jump and dump, but it was time for my youngest sons bus, so I only got to hang out for about 3-4 mins before I had to run and get him ready.

I had NO EWCM at all at attempt, very very little today. Dull ache on the right side!

So we will see huh!? Good luck!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What does seem to sway is that one attempt, regardless of when you have it. We have found that the one attempt at positive OPK is just a convenient way to put that one attempt at a point in time with good odds of conception, 1-2 days before ovulation, both of which are good shots of conception. There's no need to pin it down any closer than that.
    When you say "what does seem to sway" are you meaning 1 attempt is generally swaying girl?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
    When you say "what does seem to sway" are you meaning 1 attempt is generally swaying girl?
    Not just generally, majorly and consistently!! We are getting spectacular results with one attempt and this has stayed consistent for us going on 5 years. It's probably the only reason why anyone ever thought timing swayed, because people were doing Shettles timing with one attempt.

One attempt with jump and dump - 75% pink
    one attempt without j and d - 70%
    two attempts 60-65% (this goes up and down over the course of the years)
    three attempts - 40-45% pink even with otherwise great sways.

At the same time we are getting 70-80% range with blue sways with 3-5 attempts in fertile window.

STICK with one attempt for pink.

12. Likes Pearl327 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sweetboys View Post
    Thank you! That answers a lot of my confusion! As far as just likelihood of conception, does it make any difference that it was at 11:30pm the night of my first positive? My first positive was at 7am that day, so like...nearly 17 hours after my positive opk! My last negative was at 5pm the day before. Do you think (I know you can't know for sure, but I'm still trying to get the hang of these OPK things!) that it's still decent odds at conception? I was only 30 minutes from the next day! ��
    I'm sorry, just now noticing this post made no sense! What I was trying to say is that our ONE attempt was 17 hours AFTER my first positive OPK. I really do feel like I O on the same day I get my pos opk, so im mainly worried we missed the window to conceive at all in my 2ww!