Thread: Hello! New here

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! New here

Hi new here, I'm trying to get some clarification on all this sway stuff that is so overwhelming. I currently have one little girl, but she has some health issues. We are scared to have another baby but are taking baby steps toward it. Its taking us almost 3 years to take the plunge. We would love to give her a sibling (preferably a girl, for that sister bond). Conceiving a girl has been pure luck. I have no idea when I ovulated or how we baby danced. We were on vacation and weren't planning on it but weren't either. Can u ladies please shed some light on this. I am planing on drinking cranberry, and eating cranberries, checking my PH, Doing the LED.Im very petite so not too much wiggle room there. I prefer not to douche or do anything crazy cuz I'm scared to mess too much with it. DH is on Magnesium supplements for his stomach issues, which now I hear actually sway boy. Also, do you increase calcium? One thing I am very confused about is when to baby dance. The first time we just did whatever and frequently but this time now that I'm thinking about it, I just don't know, what would work best. Please help!! Thank you

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!!! I can't say too much about the sway since I'm in the process of swaying girl myself. The jist of what I understand, and definitely listen to those who know more and have been successful, take bbt temps when you wake and check cm to hel pinpoint Ovulation. Bd prior to O and not on the day you O. Le diet and girl friendly supplements. Don't increase calcium that's an IG sway. Fingers crossed (fx) you get BFP soon.
    DSS #1 (2006)
    DS #2 (2007)
    DS #3 (2009)
    (April 2012 @7weeks)
    (July 2015 @7weeks)
    (Jan 2016 @9weeks, identical twins)

Ttcing in 2016. Praying for a little to complete this household of boys!! But another boy would be loved!

My FF Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome.

Drinking and eating cranberries does nothing for swaying. It has to be cranberry supps to be strong enough to work, and we don't recommend cran supps on here because they are not safe enough for our liking.

I would be sure you're eating upper limits on LE Diet so as not to lose much weight if any. If you're already petite and have conceived a girl before, it's good for you to stay right where you are - losing too much may stop your ovulation. STart off at 1800-2000 cals, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat (with most of your fats from vegetable fats instead of saturated animal fats) and see what happens.

DH's supps are fine, supps really matter much more for you and not him.

WE are getting best results with one attempt at positive OPK (day before ovulation). The one attempt is the important thing - you don't want to have more than one attempt becuase the odds of pink really drop with more attempts. The day before ovulation is a good time to get pregnant.

Neither timing nor pH sway and you can read why here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh skipped calcium - that's an old school sway idea. The best study we have on maternal diet showed more calcium intake in moms who conceived boys. Some people believe in it and want to use it. Many of us got boys on calcium so it's easy for us to give up on it - but it's really up to each person to use it if they want to and believe in it.

5. Thanks Momiepeanut2 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WoW!! thanx ladies!! It looks like I have a lot to relearn!. This is everything opposite of what I was going to do! Thank you very much for your advice so far!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please ask if anything seems confusing - there is always an explanation for everything that we recommend differently from other sites.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx, it all seems a bit overwhelming. I am not sure about this timing issue, I read the link you posted. I know women that have only done it at ovulation or just once and got a girl. I know what I did last time was lots of intercourse as we were on vacation and just having fun. My dh keeps saying that doing it once is not what we did and we should do what we did last time. Problem is, I had no idea what we actually did and it was so long ago I don't know if we skipped days or how close to ovulation we were. As far as the diet. I tried the link you posted and I couldn't read it cuz it said I had no access. Also, not sure why drinking cranberry would be worse than taking the supplements.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you had lots and lots of sex, what happens is that your husband's sperm count gets depleted and he makes less and less sperm and so by the time your fertile window opens, it may really be only like one attempt by the end of it. There were also many other things that were likely swaying pink - our results are one attempt PLUS a pink sway, not just one attempt in isolation. Or, you could be in the 20-25% that did everything "blue" and still got a girl. Any or all of the above. I personally recommend sticking what works for most peopel most of the time but it's your sway your way, so you need to do what you feel comfortable with.

I'm sorry the links didn't work, they work for me. IF you try Googling "the trouble with timing" and "pH pickle" with Gender Dreaming at the end the essay will come up for you that way too. Or go to the Complete Index in my signature, they're in there as well.

Drinking cranberry juice, is sooo diluted you'd have to drink gallons and gallons of the stuff to get the amount of cranberry in one supplement. YOu literally couldn't drink enough to get there. THe juice is just too watered down to accomplish anything.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see, makes sense. I want to do what increases the odds obviously, so I appreciate your feedback!!! My DH is not exactly on board with this.
    I read that its good to eat lots of cucumbers and green beans like edamame, and also eating raspberries and strawberries. However, I looked at a list of acidic foods and they are listed as Alkaline. Am I wrong?
    Also do you think douching is important or can I skip it?
    Thank you for all your advice so far!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of us on here are in the same boat, either our husbands don't believe in the idea at all or they are completely unsupportive. It's ok, it is what YOU do that matters anyway.

In the above link called "the pH pickle" it has an explanation about why, biologically, the acid-alkaline diets don't work. You have already noticed that the foods change from site to site anyway and it's all very goofy with no real consensus. We focus more on limiting calories, protein, and fat to the low-normal range and getting more of our fat and protein intake from vegetarian sources. These things have been shown in studies to really make a difference. The acid-alkaline stuff only works when people are accidentally changing their diets in the same way. Here is the short version of our Low-Everything Diet, which you can absolutely DO while eating more "acidic" foods if you so choose.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html

Very few of us do douching. It really cut odds of conception and caused infections for many people who used them. We were using the low pH jellies which are more sanitary and less irritating, but they also do cut odds of conception somewhat. When we tracked our results, they seemed to be neutral, so while many people choose to use them at the start, more and more people are skipping them. It's all about what you feel is best.

I do have a guide to douching and to the jellies on here if you want me to post links.