Uploads
    Hi everyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and best of luck! I also recommend checking out all the essays in the index! (You can find the link in Atomics signature!)
    Honeybug xo

April 2012 Dreaming pink and TTC January 2015

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybug View Post
    Welcome and best of luck! I also recommend checking out all the essays in the index! (You can find the link in Atomics signature!)
    Great, thank you Honeybug
    Luke James: breech c-section baby 02/05/15

Swaying for a girl in 2016, hoping for a VBAC.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by katie_marcella View Post
    Atomic, you seem like such a selfless person. That's so nice of you to do your best to reach out to everyone who comes to this site. I ran across a part of this page that talked about breastfeeding and swaying and that it can either help or hurt your sway. I was thinking in my case, it might help. I'm not really sure what to do--I'm on the fence. My son will be a year old one week from Friday, so I reached my one year nursing goal... but I would be happy to continue if he is still happy nursing. I know that some of the supplements are not ok to take while nursing, which is fine, of course I wouldn't ever risk his health. But I do see that vitex is ok? I was going to start that soon anyway because my cycles have not returned and I think it would help. (Unless I'm wrong, do you have experience with that?) With me, I have lost SO much weight and muslce mass from breastfeeding alone even though I haven't really been exercising. I know this is good for swaying pink. I'm not sure if it would be the best to do heavy exercise because I think I'm already struggling to meet my daily caloric needs that have increased with nursing (hence why I've lost all this muscle and weight). So I guess my question is, should I just continue the way I am going with the addition of vitex to help bring my cycles back? I am not yet in a rush to conceive, as I said we'd like to conceive in Juneish (in a perfect world, if it even happens right away!) SO if the vitex doesn't bring my period back, I could always just wean a little later. I don't know. I'm on the fence about which route I should go. Wean after his first birthday and do a heavy sway, or keep nursing and maybe cut a few more calories? Thank you so much again for chiming in so quickly. You're the best!
    I actually think breastfeeding only helps a pink sway, it's just that it's hard to see it sometimes in the statistics, because the types of ladies who keep breastfeeding long enough to actually want to TTC while doing so, may be coming in more set for boys than the average person (because really it's only a tiny minority of us who want to TTC while nursing). If you are still enjoying your nursing relationship I suggest you continue.

The supps that you can't use when breastfeeding don't work anyway (or at least nowhere near as well as breastfeeding) so I'd just let those go and keep nursing as long as you're still enjoying it.

Exercise is a strong pink sway tactic, though, and it is appearing that it's actually better to exercise and up cals to compensate rather than dropping cals and not exercising. But do what feels right and doable to you - I got my girl without exercising (and with breastfeeding)

REsults with the Vitex for restoring cycles have been all over the map. I took it twice and I felt like it helped me the first time to restore my cycle when nursing, but I got a boy that time. The second time, my cycle was already back when nursing (mostly) and it seemed to delay O unless I stopped it a few days before, like CD 11-12 and then I'd O on CD 14ish. But I couldn't seem to get pregnant while taking it and this seemed to happen to several others using vitex so I dropped it and got pregnant with my girl the very next month. If you do want to try and use V to restore cycles when nursing, you should go back and look at waht your cycle was before you got pregnant and then try and take it to correspond with your cycle then. I know it's weird but your cycle will often come back at the exact same time of month it was prior to your first conception. So you'd take 400/800 mg from CD 1 thru CD 14 of the days that correspond to your cycle before you got preggo, then take the rest of the month off, then the next month do it again, until eventually it should either help or it won't and then if that's the case, we have to resort to Vitamin P - "patience".
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I actually think breastfeeding only helps a pink sway, it's just that it's hard to see it sometimes in the statistics, because the types of ladies who keep breastfeeding long enough to actually want to TTC while doing so, may be coming in more set for boys than the average person (because really it's only a tiny minority of us who want to TTC while nursing). If you are still enjoying your nursing relationship I suggest you continue.

The supps that you can't use when breastfeeding don't work anyway (or at least nowhere near as well as breastfeeding) so I'd just let those go and keep nursing as long as you're still enjoying it.

Exercise is a strong pink sway tactic, though, and it is appearing that it's actually better to exercise and up cals to compensate rather than dropping cals and not exercising. But do what feels right and doable to you - I got my girl without exercising (and with breastfeeding)

REsults with the Vitex for restoring cycles have been all over the map. I took it twice and I felt like it helped me the first time to restore my cycle when nursing, but I got a boy that time. The second time, my cycle was already back when nursing (mostly) and it seemed to delay O unless I stopped it a few days before, like CD 11-12 and then I'd O on CD 14ish. But I couldn't seem to get pregnant while taking it and this seemed to happen to several others using vitex so I dropped it and got pregnant with my girl the very next month. If you do want to try and use V to restore cycles when nursing, you should go back and look at waht your cycle was before you got pregnant and then try and take it to correspond with your cycle then. I know it's weird but your cycle will often come back at the exact same time of month it was prior to your first conception. So you'd take 400/800 mg from CD 1 thru CD 14 of the days that correspond to your cycle before you got preggo, then take the rest of the month off, then the next month do it again, until eventually it should either help or it won't and then if that's the case, we have to resort to Vitamin P - "patience".
    Okay, that all makes total sense. I think I will just continue nursing, then. I am still happy doing it, and I don't think he is really ready to wean yet, anyway. Plus I have been feeling a little weepy as his first birthday gets closer. They're only little for so long, so this time is pretty precious.

And with the exercise. We have an elliptical. I could easily spend 60 minutes a day on that. I would only worry that it might make me build muscle in my butt/legs? Maybe not if I don't do an incline. And does the cardio have to be really high intensity? Or just a lot of it (like the 60 minutes a day 6 days a week?) Would walking suffice for 60 minutes? Or should I be like running? I was a little confused on that one.

And with my cycles... I don't know, I'm weird. When I was younger, I was pretty regular. Then I went on birth control for about 5 years, and I feel like it just really messed me up. I went off the pill about a year or so before I got pregnant. My cycles were anywhere from 28-44 days. I actually took vitex to attempt to regulate my cycles, but I was sort of lazy about it and it wasn't super consistent. Could that have swayed blue for me? Do you know if that's possible? I know it could just have been a coincidence, and I was probably unintentionally doing some boy swaying things. Anyway though, I did keep track of my cycles at the time, so I can try to match what they were maybe? haha.

AND again, thank you for all of your input. This website has taken off a lot of pressure I thought was on me, but really isn't. And for pink... it seems the less pressure, the better!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want to be bothersome, but I'm going to bump this to see if anyone knows about the above questions. Thanks you guys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re: exercise, it is very difficult for women to build muscle even under optimal conditions. On the LE diet, which is low in protein, it's basically impossible. What's important is exercising for at least 60 minutes uninterrupted daily; it does NOT need to be particularly intense, and I would avoid strength building exercise, maybe not do more than a slight incline on the elliptical. Walking is fine, so is jogging or running. Whatever you enjoy.

I absolutely do not think it's possible that taking Vitex intermittently sways blue. Vitex isn't a very strong sway factor and if it sways significantly it sways pink, regardless of how often it is taken. Most likely your diet, lifestyle, and natural high fertility got you a boy.

Good luck with your sway and brava for pursuing a VBAC!
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 2nd, 2016 at 08:18 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have regrets being pressured into weaning my 2nd son. He still seemed to need it, I wish I'd have kept it up even when my husband was thinking I should quit. :/

There is just no way to build muscle if you're doing diet. It's really tough even when eating 3000 cals a day and lots of protein. PLUS, aside from that, we don't even KNOW that building muscle sways anyway. that was just a theory. What we KNOW is that exercise works, and many have used ellipticals. It doen'st need to be high intensity, the word intense was just meaning "more than what is classed as moderate exercise". I was referring to amount and not actual perceived level of intensity of workout. Walking is fine.

That isn't weird or unusual at all to have that happen after being on the pill. Taking vitex off and on, I do not think could have possibly swayed blue for you at all and that is not really how it works anyway - it NEVER comes back to one thing like that. Matching cycles is just one way to do it, you don't have to do it that way at all, you could also try taking it to correspond with whenever you want your cycle to come back, like if maybe you wanted to try encorporating moon phase into exercise, you could take it to correspond with Oing on a new moon (but don't be too uptight if it doesn't work out!)

11. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by katie_marcella View Post
    I don't want to be bothersome, but I'm going to bump this to see if anyone knows about the above questions. Thanks you guys
    In the forum posts it's usually best NOT to bump unless you're sure I haven't seen it (like it's been a week or I answered everyone else's questions) becuase I answer from oldest to newest and do occasionally have day(s) when I can't get through all posts. When you bump it too fast, you just put it further away from me because I do the oldest posts first. (it's totally up to you, just that I'd have got to this faster without the bump in this case)

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello again everyone, so I have a few more questions and wanted to update my situation. For the past few weeks, my husband and I have seriously been discussing high tech gender selection, but after much research and debating, we both agree that it just is not financially really in the cards for us. But after having this discussion, we both feel that we want to do everything that we can on our own to sway for a little girl. We both think it's probably a good idea to purchase one of the personalized plans on here, so each of us can be sure we're 100% on board with our own parts in this. (There is SO much information, I'm sure I may have missed something!) So, I guess that's my first question... I'm a little confused about which one would be best for me.

Also, I was reading other forum posts and found one where you guys are discussing breastfeeding and swaying. maidentomother mentioned femara being best for nursing mothers. She also mentioned a legal overseas pharmacy where you can purchase a three month supply of these medications if your doctor isn't eager to prescribe them. My only reservations about the medications are the possibility to heighten the likelihood for twins. If twins happen, it happens. I just don't feel like it would be the most responsible thing in my case to encourage that, if that makes sense. Or is it not even that likely? I need to do more research on clomid and femara, I suppose. Plus, I don't know what my ovulation will be like once my cycle returns. As I type this, I'm battling some intense PMS symptoms, so I'm pretty sure this is my period coming back with a vengeance...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast