Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic,
    I hope my frequent questions are not annoying you by now. But I've got another for ya. I've tentatively started my LE diet, and plan to be more strict once I receive my plan, because then I feel like I'll have more guidance. I know you said there is no forbidden food on the diet, but I'm still eating a lot of white carbs and low... well, everything. So far, it isn't so bad. I am hungrier than usual because I've cut back on constant grazing/snacking, but it's fine. I'm getting the amount of calories from the nutshell version (1500-1800, but closer to 1500-1600), I'm getting about 50 grams of fat (too much since I'm eating less calories?) and about 40 grams of protein. These are all in the ranges you recommended, assuming that still stands. BUT I'm having a hard time staying under the sodium recommendations. I didn't realize how much sodium is in everything! Is this a huge deal or deal breaker? Again, I feel I can work better once the plan is ready and I have something to follow. And I'm ok with eating different foods. But I also know you guys are a bit different than IG, so maybe the sodium thing is not highly believed here? I'm not sure. I'm not going to let myself stress about it, but I also don't want to do something like eat too much sodium that could hurt my sway.

For reference, yesterday I had about 1422.5 mg of sodium, which is just above what is recommended. And today I've had about 1397.5 mg of sodium, but I haven't even had dinner yet, so it will have to factor that in, too. Also, is the two meal rule a really important and strict one? Is one snack or small meal in between ok? I've been eating lunch around 11:30 am- 12pm and dinner around 6:30-7:00 pm. I've been really good at not eating before lunch or after dinner. But I just get really hungry in between those two meals and cave and have a small snack. Should I alter my times maybe to make it easier? Or are 3 meals a day ok? I know I CAN do it where I just eat twice a day, I'll be fine, and I'll get enough calories. But I'm being easy on myself since I'm so early in my sway and I don't want to get burnt out really quick and fail when it's REALLY important, you know?
    Luke James: breech c-section baby 02/05/15

Swaying for a girl in 2016, hoping for a VBAC.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all and remember you're a custom swayer I'd be answering your q's anyway. Your plan is done and sent in to be reformatted and posted in your sway forum (I don't do this part) so it should be to you very shortly.

The fat limitation has proved to be less important and if you're focusing mainly on vegetable fats, even at 50 g you can't go wrong. Don't eat a stick of butter or anything but 50 g is just dandy.

The sodium thing, most of us totally gave up on it. I keep it in the mix just because it IS possible to do but I do not believe in it, the data doesn't support it working anyway for a variety of reasons I"m happy to go over if you'd like, and it makes it WAY easier and more satisfying to stick with the diet. (I got my daughter eating tons of sodium after a failed sway with my 4th boy where I was limiting it)

There is no 2 meal rule. Both 2 and 3 meals are totally allowed. Skipping breakfast really just means pushing it back a while, or if you prefer you can have lunch, snack, dinner, or lunch, dinner, bedtime snack (this was what I did usually like 11ish, 4-6, and then before bed or I couldn't sleep hungry). Some people just can't eat that often. They want to do two. They digest more slowly or something. If you are like me and burn through a meal in 37 minutes you'd need to eat 3 because it's too hard with two. Do whatever works for you and it's also ok to do 2 sometimes and 3 others. This is a way of life not this strict recipe you have to get perfectly!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks katie_marcella thanked for this post
    Likes mommymachine liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I am starting now and TTC (a girl) from May :-)

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies! I will be either starting to TTC in May or June. This is my second pink sway. My first brought us our beloved DS3 that is the 3rd love of my life ! My DH is waffling still on #4, but he knows how much it means to me! We are going to get bids for adding onto our house to make room.

I've begun the diet and exercise, and I'm still breastfeeding DS3.

I'm an old hat to the LE diets and swaying so don't hesitate to ask or PM me!

DS1, DS2, & DS3One last pink sway 2016

7. Likes Bepan liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    xxforhubby - what did you try last time?
    Shocked and excited by my DH's idea to TTC a girl!

Mother of DS (10) , DS (3) and TTC a DD

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying for a girl in May/June

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeManly View Post
    xxforhubby - what did you try last time?
    I became obsessed with swaying- trying to learn as much as I could and pouring over the posted sways and stats to ask Atomic about this and that. I became competitive with myself to see how strict I could be. This was my undoing.

In the beginning I was taking a low dose of choline and inositol that I was prescribed by a neurologist. In preparing for swaying and pregnancy, I researched these and found that in high doses inositol improves egg quality. So I did. Big mistake. After not getting a BFP for 5 cycles, I made an appointment because I felt something was off. Bloodwork was done and my FSH was 45, followed by 46 the next month with an AMH of less than 0.03 (essentially 0), and a miscarriage at 8 weeks. My follicle study showed I had 26 follicles. We scratched our heads. We did more research and the RE and I found that in women who do NOT have PCOS or diabetes, high doses of inositol can raise FSH and harm fertility. Bingo. We had our answer. I had to improve my fertility to get pregnant and in the end that put me too far into the blue zone and gave us our beloved DS3 .

Don't fall into the same trap I did. I'm swaying now for a DD once again for my DH and it's second nature to me- a way of life. That was the point that I missed last time.

FX and GL to you!!
    Last edited by XXforhubby; April 2nd, 2016 at 08:48 AM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My advice is stick to what works, LE diet, exercise (if you can do it), one attempt, coffee, alcohol, fiber before high fatty meals (or stay low fat like me and not need it), and folate/folic acid. That's it. The rest is background noise.

You may need to track in the beginning. I suggest the myfitnesspal app. It stores your frequent meals so you don't have to add them one by one.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found this site today. I had come across and ebook that suggested this site if you want to sway for a girl. I have two beautiful boys already, but one has muscular dystrophy (something I didn't know I was carrying). So it is really important to me to try my best to sway for a girl, just to decrease that risk. I know looking back on my diet...I have always eaten high protein, high nutrient because I do my best to stick to an anti-inflammatory diet and to do a lot of weight lifting. So clearly, I have definitely been naturally swaying for boys. I've been a little concerned about what I've read outside of this site on swaying for girls...they imply you need to be somewhat unhealthy to sway for a girl and drink lots of stuff with artificial sweeteners like crystal light. I pretty much only drink water. I feel like this le diet is going to be a challenge for me because it goes against my natural state of being. So I am loving getting to know this site better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! First of all, the LE diet is NOT unhealthy at all. It is nothing like what is out there on other sites. It is a safe diet that includes the recommendations from the WHO on what constitutes as a healthy, prenatal diet. It is about eating the lower, safe amounts of protein and fat to be able to get pregnant. Some people like to eat a lot of the "free" foods or foods that are lower nutrient that don't count toward your fat, protein totals. However, keep in mind that there are no magic foods but foods that are more pink or blue friendly.

The recommendations are to eat 1500-1800 calories, more if you are nursing like me and exercising. 40-50g protein and 40-60g fat. The types of protein that are best are found in carbs and vegetarian sources instead of meat. Avoid red meat at together. I love MorningStar Farms veggie burgers! The types of fat that are best are high in Omega 6's and low in Omega 3's. Limit saturated fats and its best to avoid them if you can. I love cooking with Grapeseed oil because it's the highest in Omega 6's and has a high flash point (won't smoke at high temps). Carbs is best when they are not fortified with extra nutrients like breakfast cereals. While some like to eat "empty" carbs, I prefer to eat 20% of my carbs from empty sources like fruit candies, pastries, etc, and 80% from healthy sources like 1 cup cooked rotini pasta, vegetables, fruits, potatoes, rice, etc.

As you can see, it is NOT an unhealthy diet at all! Most of us use a calorie counter such as myfitnesspal. I love their app over their website as it has more features. I like that it keeps track of the meals you've eaten so you can select them easily. It also has a bar code scanner so you don't have to search for your food and guess which one it is.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!! We are so glad you found us!!!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and you can drink water! I can't drink beverages with artificial sweeteners. There are plenty of women on this site that got girls without drinking them! Coffee is good, and so is alcohol.

17. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast