Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sophia it might not help you feel better right now but I wanted to let you know that I have been in a very similar position to you. When my eldest son was born I started planning my sway. We were going to start trying for a girl once my son was 8 months old. However, a slightly drunken night (one attempt plus j+d!) resulted in me being pregnant. I was still breastfeeding and only had one attempt so I thought i was in with quite a good chance of having a girl. I was, however, really mad with myself for not swaying esp as I had planned it all so thoroughly.
    I had a boy. I can honestly say I do not regret him being a boy for a second. He is nothing like my eldest, they complement each other and are best friends. I wouldn't send him back!
    I do still want a girl and five years on, we are trying for one. I just wanted to let you know that even if you have another boy, he is meant to be in your family and I guarantee you will love him to bits. My DH said no more, but I managed to twist his arm

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much honeybee.
    My son is only 5 months old so if baby is another boy, it will be lovely for my son to have a brother so close in age and I of course will love him to bits.
    I just want a girl so desperately that it hurts.
    Really appreciate your kind words and good luck for conceiving your little girl xxx

3. Likes honeybee37, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    They may think they got pregnant with that cutoff but they probably just Oed early.

I doubt the Tues. swimmers were still alive but even if they were, 2 attempts has really not been THAT much lower than 1. 10% max but still about 65% pink with two attempts.
    Except many if not most doing both one attempt and 2 attempts are on a diet/the LE, doing exercise and other things to sway pink, so I don't think it's accurate to apply GD stats to non-swayers.

Congrats Sophia and you always have a chance at pink no matter what. If you do get another boy you could consider swaying for a 3rd.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia86 View Post
    Thanks so much honeybee.
    My son is only 5 months old so if baby is another boy, it will be lovely for my son to have a brother so close in age and I of course will love him to bits.
    I just want a girl so desperately that it hurts.
    Really appreciate your kind words and good luck for conceiving your little girl xxx
    I feel for you Sophia -- how you feel towards a girl is exactly how I feel towards a boy. <3

I had sex a total of 3 times in my fertile window, including two days in a row -- not entirely certain when I ovulated since it was only our first month of trying, but I am having a girl despite more frequent sex during "fertile" times. I am a VERY archetypal boy mom, too... lol. I did happen to be following an unintentional pink sway, but otherwise, I definitely had more sex than I "should" have traditionally for a girl, and we're having a girl.

Good luck to you! <3

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Maidentomother xx

And thanks Throwaway panther, can I ask what your unintentional girl diet was? Lots of blue dust sent your way that you will get your boy next time xxx

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Except many if not most doing both one attempt and 2 attempts are on a diet/the LE, doing exercise and other things to sway pink, so I don't think it's accurate to apply GD stats to non-swayers.

Congrats Sophia and you always have a chance at pink no matter what. If you do get another boy you could consider swaying for a 3rd.
    When the deed is done, I sometimes choose to be encouraging rather than accurate. Now this really isn't the time or place to do that, but I am now painted into a corner into saying this for all the people who read this thread and now think I don't know how to read my own statistics (I do.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes essnce629 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure nobody would think that atomic, you're amazing!

My chances for Blue are huge... arnt they? I feel it in my bones xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to keep bleating on, but just wanted to mention, I thought my Opk may have indicated I ovulated on the Saturday as I had a very strong line on the Friday evening. But the day after my test I had creamy cm, does this indicate ovulation already happened? Xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think your chances are huge! If you had DTD on Friday and Saturday then maybe, but your Tuesday night delight was 4 days away from O. I'd say whilst it would have better to have just had the Friday attempt, it's not a total disaster either! You still definitely have a chance of having a girly ��
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast