Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Including alcohol and coffee regularly is generally recommended. I conceived my daughter with 1-2 cups of daily coffee and pretty frequent alcohol intake, though mine was primarily craft beer which may be a slight bit more boyish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Well that IS good news thank you
    2008 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by project beatrice View Post
    I am also a lawyer, highly stressed, and will get obsessed and write a billion lists for this attempt, which I understand isn't good for the sway. But is that only because it raises testosterone and if mine were low on blood test I'm assuming I'm ok to carry on list writing and frantically planning my seat every second..?! Last post I promise. Couldn't work out how to post and now I can't stop...
    We don't even KNOW that testosterone does anything for swaying. That is just a theory out of many, with some conflicting evidence. Whereas I will say 100% that the chicks that sit around making lists and trying to control their sway are the ones who get opposites. Feel free to do all the listmaking you need to in day to day life but DO NOT do it for your sway. Make a plan you can easily stick to and stick to it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to throw out the "magic foods" approach (doens't work, too restrictive) and focus on the "overall nutrient content of diet" approach.

!500-1800 cals a day, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat. This is a low-normal, healthy prepregnancy diet.

Both 2 and 3 meals are equally acceptible. No need to drop snack before attempt and you may delay ovulation if you do that.

Cal-mag is at your discretion. I got boys taking them and dropped them to get my girl, but I understand that if you really believe in them you may want to take them. Just DON'T do the tons of dairy that some diets recommend, that is a recipe for a sway opposite.

Did you check with doc about combining saw palmetto, aspirin, and sertraline??? I would check on that and if your T level low I would not use SP

Folic needs to be more like 1200-1600 mcg. yes that's more than is recommended but you're eating less too

I woudl NOT bother with CFR. None of the frequency patterns got good results and the more you do, the lower your odds of conception are, and you shoot yourself in the foot by making it impossilbe to get pregnant with one attempt (one attempt works really well as a sway tactic) I would have him release every 2-4 days. If you MUST do frequency, use hurry up FR, have him release once then dump it, then DTD again as soon as he's able to using only last batch for attempt.

With jellies, same thinking applies - they cut odds of conception so much and aren't working anyway, prob. best to skip.

Exercise has gotten great results, I'd like to see you increase calories so you can add exercise.

Alcohol and coffee have gotten great results.

Did I miss anything?

4. Thanks smllibra thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I was NOT suggesting she drop a 3rd meal, but rather that she eat her snack with her coffee in the am, as she mentioned needing to eat when exercising. So I'm advising her to drop what would likely be a 4th meal if she's exercising daily.

Those foods are really not that boy friendly, especially not when kept within limits. Potatoes and rapeseed oil in particular are very pink frienly. Butter on the other hand is EXTREMELY blue friendly. Also, I really don't think you should limit salt at all. It doesn't sway and too low salt could be part of why you're feeling so lackluster. Many of your ideas about what to eat are clearly based on the outdated sway tactics which don't work all that well. The LE diet done properly is quite different.

I agree CFR isnt worth it especially if it would be a hassle for DH. Just stick with one attempt.

SP and baby aspirin should be fine with Sertraline. I'm a pharmacist.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your advice. I will drop the 4pm snack. But will probably up what I'm eating at other times so I survive

I thought legumes /potatoes /nuts /rapeseed oil swayed blue ? I'm using app myfitnesspal and seem to be within the limits or over them most days. Potassium is hard to know though as it isn't recorded anywhere. I am having the odd sweet potato though.

I'll up my exercise from tomorrow..

Do we up folic acid to sway pink or for birth defects? And what is folate, why is it better please?

Thank you
    I believe legumes and rapeseed oil are more traditionally pink, but potatoes and nuts (when balanced with other sources of protein and Omega 3 fats) are more blue -- I think potatoes in isolation would be more pink just because of the emphasis on carb over protein. I may be wrong here though?

Folate is better than folic acid because, while both do the same thing, folate is the natural form digestible by everybody -- some people have MTHFR mutation which results in trouble processing folic acid (and often people don't know they have it). Folate, a.k.a the non-synthetic form of folic acid, just tends to be better for everyone over all. High folate is thought to sway boy, but really, high folate in general is just good for a.) fertility and b.) low birth defects. High intake of folate has even been linked to lower incidences of autism.

I was taking a prenatal with at least 800 mcg of folate before conceiving my daughter, in addition to a fairly folate-rich diet (asparagus, certain greens, mango juice, etc.)

As an aside: I've been on MFP for years. You can track your potassium (although I know not all foods list it unfortunately)!
    - Under "Food," go to "Settings" (specifically the "settings" link under food, not "Home" or near your user name.)
    - Under "Nutrients Tracked" and "Calories (Required)" are five drop down menus.
    - Select Potassium to be tracked (it's directly below sodium and on top of carbohydrates in the list)
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; March 11th, 2016 at 08:41 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Atomic, I was NOT suggesting she drop a 3rd meal, but rather that she eat her snack with her coffee in the am, as she mentioned needing to eat when exercising. So I'm advising her to drop what would likely be a 4th meal if she's exercising daily.

Those foods are really not that boy friendly, especially not when kept within limits. Potatoes and rapeseed oil in particular are very pink frienly. Butter on the other hand is EXTREMELY blue friendly. Also, I really don't think you should limit salt at all. It doesn't sway and too low salt could be part of why you're feeling so lackluster. Many of your ideas about what to eat are clearly based on the outdated sway tactics which don't work all that well. The LE diet done properly is quite different.

I agree CFR isnt worth it especially if it would be a hassle for DH. Just stick with one attempt.

SP and baby aspirin should be fine with Sertraline. I'm a pharmacist.
    She was the one that said that not you, maiden.

My daughter is like 30% potato. There are whole cultures totally based on the humble potato, they just can't be these magic boy makin' foods.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I believe legumes and rapeseed oil are more traditionally pink, but potatoes and nuts (when balanced with other sources of protein and Omega 3 fats) are more blue -- I think potatoes in isolation would be more pink just because of the emphasis on carb over protein. I may be wrong here though?

Folate is better than folic acid because, while both do the same thing, folate is the natural form digestible by everybody -- some people have MTHFR mutation which results in trouble processing folic acid (and often people don't know they have it). Folate, a.k.a the non-synthetic form of folic acid, just tends to be better for everyone over all. High folate is thought to sway boy, but really, high folate in general is just good for a.) fertility and b.) low birth defects. High intake of folate has even been linked to lower incidences of autism.

I was taking a prenatal with at least 800 mcg of folate before conceiving my daughter, in addition to a fairly folate-rich diet (asparagus, certain greens, mango juice, etc.)

As an aside: I've been on MFP for years. You can track your potassium (although I know not all foods list it unfortunately)!
    - Under "Food," go to "Settings" (specifically the "settings" link under food, not "Home" or near your user name.)
    - Under "Nutrients Tracked" and "Calories (Required)" are five drop down menus.
    - Select Potassium to be tracked (it's directly below sodium and on top of carbohydrates in the list)
    The old school sway diets have potatoes as being boy friendly because of potassium. But we are finding that the whole "mineral balancing" idea is biologically impossible and the proposed mechanisms that they claimed sway via this method are also biologically impossible. It's your diet as a whole that sways and not a magic food approach. You can have a variety of foods for pink or blue provided they fit in the overall nutrient totals for the day.

One interesting thing we've found is that vegetable fats eaten in higher proportion to animal/saturated ones may sway pink more about that here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ht=skinny+fats

Folate is better, but a lot of people cannot afford it. Thus, I recommend folic acid for everyone and anyone who can use folate or needs to, then do so. Eveyrone needs to take folic acid or folate. Pink, blue, or plaid.

MFP is really misleading on potassium and sodium and I would not bother with the setting on those things, they give people more stress than they alleviate really.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We don't even KNOW that testosterone does anything for swaying. That is just a theory out of many, with some conflicting evidence. Whereas I will say 100% that the chicks that sit around making lists and trying to control their sway are the ones who get opposites. Feel free to do all the listmaking you need to in day to day life but DO NOT do it for your sway. Make a plan you can easily stick to and stick to it.
    That is very scary. I feel like I'll forget something and have printed 60 lists for the next two months for daily checks!! I can see how crazy that sounds and given your opinion I will bin them and just try and relax s little more ! Thank you.
    2008 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very scary. I feel like I'll forget something and have printed 60 lists for the next two months for daily checks!! I can see how crazy that sounds and given your opinion I will bin them and just try and relax s little more ! Thank you.
    If you trust me on any one thing, PLEASE make it this one. I promise, this is a biggie. Just try to make it a lifestyle and not "Swaymageddon 2016"

11. Likes Pink Pony liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You need to throw out the "magic foods" approach (doens't work, too restrictive) and focus on the "overall nutrient content of diet" approach.

!500-1800 cals a day, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat. This is a low-normal, healthy prepregnancy diet.

Both 2 and 3 meals are equally acceptible. No need to drop snack before attempt and you may delay ovulation if you do that.

Cal-mag is at your discretion. I got boys taking them and dropped them to get my girl, but I understand that if you really believe in them you may want to take them. Just DON'T do the tons of dairy that some diets recommend, that is a recipe for a sway opposite.

Did you check with doc about combining saw palmetto, aspirin, and sertraline??? I would check on that and if your T level low I would not use SP

Folic needs to be more like 1200-1600 mcg. yes that's more than is recommended but you're eating less too

I woudl NOT bother with CFR. None of the frequency patterns got good results and the more you do, the lower your odds of conception are, and you shoot yourself in the foot by making it impossilbe to get pregnant with one attempt (one attempt works really well as a sway tactic) I would have him release every 2-4 days. If you MUST do frequency, use hurry up FR, have him release once then dump it, then DTD again as soon as he's able to using only last batch for attempt.

With jellies, same thinking applies - they cut odds of conception so much and aren't working anyway, prob. best to skip.

Exercise has gotten great results, I'd like to see you increase calories so you can add exercise.

Alcohol and coffee have gotten great results.

Did I miss anything?
    Brilliant. Thank you.

I'm going to drop calcium mag as I also got boys taking them (albeit not doing any other parts of sway..).

Hour run today and will up exercise.

Re coffee. Do I need to drink this at same time as meals so isn't like having a snack inbetween meals as quite few calories etc with the milk??

Re frequency I think I'm confused. I thought CRF was just once and dump and then dtd few hours later, but is that hurry up FR? I got pregnant with DS2 on one attempt at O-3. I thought releasing every 2-4 days was boy territory? Have checked DH sperm under DS microscope and I think he had very high count based on number per cm2.

Thank you; appreciated
    2008 2014

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast