Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Throwaway answered re folate. It is much better absorbed and FA may even be toxic.

You couldn't pay me to consume aspartame. Most girls conceived ever had moms who never touched the stuff. It's not important. I do think it sways pink slightly (UNLESS you have autoimmune issues in which case it may even sway BLUE), but so does arsenic and I wouldn't recommend that!
    Thank you. Agree. I'm going to forget trying to include this.. Thank you
    2008 2014

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    RE cal-mag my one boy was with boy friendly diet + cal-mag, my other boy was with full on pink sway plus cutting back on sodium. My other other two boys I was drinking tons of dairy (was with the other ones too.) It was sure no magic bullet for me, but i know it's hard to give up for some people. Let your gut instinct be your guide.

Coffee is fine at any point. Many of us have "cheated" and had this as breakfast and snack with milk (and I REALLY really cheated and even put real sugar in it, don't do that though if ou can help it) and still gotten girls. It can't be making any difference.

CFR is releasing for 2-3 times a day, 2-3 days before having one attempt. What you're describing is the "hurry up FR". I know we ALL have one boy or the other who we got with one attempt but the numbers don't lie, it's amongst our most successful pink sway tactics (when done with OTHER sway tactics, that is.) ALL frequency patterns have not proven very successful on their own. We originally started out thinking it was frequency that was swaying (because timing has been debunked) but over the course of time we realized it was number of attempts. No one had ever even guessed that number of attempts might sway. Since we dropped the focus on frequency and put it onto number of attempts, our results have skyrocketed. Now, some people do want to give frequency a try and that's totally cool, just that it's imperative to drop frequency BEFORE adding attempts. We experimented at first (not ahving any clue that one attempt could possibly sway at all) with keeping frequency but adding attempts and our results were absolultely terrible!!
    Thank you so much for your time. I'm dropping calcium magnesium tabs. Any benefit in DH taking these as I see that referred to quite a bit??

Understood re attempts /frequency, fascinating. Am I correct in saying then that the best thing is to release and dump with one attempt asap after ?

General protocol question! I assume I'm not supposed to post in this one thread forever.. But not sure what I am supposed to do. Do I start a new thread for new questions etc? Sorry...
    2008 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can keep using this thread or start a new one if it's a different major topic. Don't forget to use the search function bc atomic is awesome about making sure all posts are answered so for common queries there are often many threads full of info.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can keep using this thread or start a new one if it's a different major topic. Don't forget to use the search function bc atomic is awesome about making sure all posts are answered so for common queries there are often many threads full of info.
    Thank you. I do search for topics; I think I have read the entire site twice over! One more thing sorry, do you think I should be having pysillium husk fibre mixed with water with meals rather than inbetween so it isn't like a snack (albeit the least appetising snack I have ever eaten...!)
    2008 2014

6. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fibre should be just before/with meals, not in between, forfat/vitamin absorption. Although you CAN have extra fibre in between meals as well, and in the case of psyllium husks that is essentially zero cals so not considered snacking.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fibre should be just before/with meals, not in between, forfat/vitamin absorption. Although you CAN have extra fibre in between meals as well, and in the case of psyllium husks that is essentially zero cals so not considered snacking.
    Brilliant. Thank you ☺️
    2008 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Splrnda is not the same. It is non toxic IMO snd doesn't sway in either direction.
    I believe Splenda to be more harmful than aspartame IMO because I have personally had a reaction to Splenda that was very disconcerting (and i"m not alone). Aspartame can cause headaches but many people have bad reactions to Splenda as well.

Splenda is said to sway pink by the oldschool swayers.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can we please be cautious about tossing around the word TOXIC? Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion and everyone is always welcome to share said opinions, but then I'm the one who ends up with 456 panicked messages saying "so and so said this is it true." I have done a lot of research and I feel like what I recommend is safe, I'm certainly not in this to harm anyone or anyone's unborn baby so saying things that I recommend are TOXIC is really...meh to me.

Folate is better than folic acid. Yup. BUT the fact is that the majority of people can take folic acid perfectly fine and safe and it's really, really expensive to take folate. So much so that many people would not buy it (or not buy enough). Lack of folic acid is 100% proven to harm babies and it's the only supp proven to prevent birth defects when taken prior to conception. If you can afford folate instead, fab. But I got a baby with a neural tube defect when taking 800 mcg folic acid a day and eating a super healthy diet, so PLEASE take at least the 1200-1600 mcg a day I recommend. I have reasons for doing that.

Millions of people are using aspartame and Splenda every day. I know that there are people online who like to make them into boogeymen but most people tolerate them just fine and studies have been done that seem to indicate no bad effects of a reasonable intake. Those who don't (and like I said I personally don't tolerate Splenda) it's usualy pretty apparent right away.

I see people show up on this site every day who are taking "natural" supplements in insane, TOXIC amounts based on recommendations from some site or the other, and who would never let a drop of aspartame touch their lips. Just because something is man-made doesn't mean it's necessarily poison and just because something is natural doesn't mean it's therefore safe in massive doses either. I don't think aspartame or Splenda do anything for swaying. If you don't want to take them or don't trust them, don't use them. If you do want to use them, do it in safe amounts only. and EVERYONE must take either folic acid or folate. If you read that folic acid is TOXIC and then cannot afford folate, and thus decide to take neither, you are not doing yourself or your baby any favors at all.

I am a practical person and I have seen people do tons of very scary and frightening and misguided things when swaying. So my recommendations take all that into account. People DO get scared away from folic acid (for no reason) and then can't afford folate and take nothing. That actually happens. People come onto this site wanting to use aspartame and then if we don't allow them to do that in a safe/sane way and act like one sip of the stuff is like rat poison when it obviously isn't, they will go away to other sites where they will NOT encourage safety or sanity. I prefer to reserve my scare tactics for the things that are actually scary and try to take a common sense balanced approach on the rest.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 17th, 2016 at 03:03 PM.

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther, foxymrsg thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by project beatrice View Post
    Thank you. I do search for topics; I think I have read the entire site twice over! One more thing sorry, do you think I should be having pysillium husk fibre mixed with water with meals rather than inbetween so it isn't like a snack (albeit the least appetising snack I have ever eaten...!)
    Fiber needs to be WITH a meal. The point of the fiber for us is not to make ya poop but to absorb fats and fat soluble vitamins from the foods you eat. Taking it between meals means it doesn't get as mixed in with your meal and thus absorbs fewer fats/nutrients than if you have it with a meal.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by project beatrice View Post
    Thank you so much for your time. I'm dropping calcium magnesium tabs. Any benefit in DH taking these as I see that referred to quite a bit??

Understood re attempts /frequency, fascinating. Am I correct in saying then that the best thing is to release and dump with one attempt asap after ?

General protocol question! I assume I'm not supposed to post in this one thread forever.. But not sure what I am supposed to do. Do I start a new thread for new questions etc? Sorry...
    It is totally up to you how you wish to post - if you want to keep all your qu's in one spot that's great, but it ~may~ be of more benefit to others to start different, topic based questions by subject in the title so those with similar questions can easily look them up and see the responses. Not everyone wil always weed through long threads with lots of questions in them. But that's totally up to you.

I have given the DH's cal-mag even though I do not believe it's of any benefit simply to allow people a way to keep it in the mix. We have some statistics form the early days of the IG site that show it is neutral for DHs and also that's what our stats show too. Since both sites have a different approach but coming up with same results that indicates to me it's unlikely it's doing anything for DH.

No, the best thing is ONE ATTEMPT. We do not have the quality of data to be able to say, this frequency is better than that freuquency for a variety of reasons. No frequency pattern has seemed to earn its keep and since we're getting great results with e4d (which technically is a blue frequency pattern) it's more clear to me than ever that frequency is not getting it done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast