Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie and overwhelmed!

Hello all! My name is Erin and I am a new member. I have three wonderful boys ages 7, 3, and 10 months. My husband and I would like to try for a forth baby soon. I love my boys and would be fine with another, but I'd also love to sway my chances for a little girl. I am so overwhelmed with all of the information out there - which is based on science, which is just a myth - and I'm hoping this forum can point me in the right direction. What variable is the most important to consider when swaying? Diet? My husband will not participate in any type of sway, he doesn't believe in any of it. So anything done will need to happen on my end, in regards to diet or supplements or anything like that. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie and overwhelmed!

Welcome! I too have 3 lovely boys around the same ages as yours- 6, 3, and 8 months!

As far as swaying goes, here is what has been getting the best results:

LE diet 12 weeks or longer. This is done by skipping breakfast or delaying breakfast as long as you can and no snacking between meals. You can have either 2-3 meals a day. Going vegetarian if you can, or at the very least, no red meat or have small amounts of chicken. Stick to 1500-1800 calories (1800-2000 calories if you're breastfeeding), 40-50g protein (40-60g protein if you're breastfeeding or have PCOS), 30-50g fat (or 40-60g fat if you're breastfeeding or have PCOS). Going vegetarian makes it easier to stick to the protein and fat limits.

Exercise via any type of cardio (doesn't have to be intense- walking casually to briskly is fine!) for 60 minutes 6-7 days a week. As little as 4-5 days a week still offers some benefit but do not go down any less than 60 minutes.

Have unprotected sex once in your fertile window either at first positive opk OR by having sex every 4 days from the end of AF through the latest you've ever ovulated (or until CD22 for most people).

Clomid or Femara of you can get it.

Coffee (even decaf) daily. Most have this upon waking with a splash of creamer or black with sugar substitute.

Alcohol (spirits or wine) daily.

Make sure to take 1200-1600mcg of folic acid or folate. Most of us don't take any other supplements. You can take fiber before fatty or nutrient rich meals.

That's about it! I'm looking forward to seeing you around! I'm swaying for a second time for a DD for my DH. Good luck to you!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Pink Pony, Erin514 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome, Erin!!

We've had the best results with LE Diet longer than 12 weeks plus coffee and alcohol, cardio exercise, and sticking to one attempt in the fertile window. If you're still nursing your little man, that may help a bit as well. If you can get some Clomid or Femara it really seems to help. Most of our husbands would do nothing to sway and we still get very good results with those things and with only 3 months average time to conception.

Some things are obviously myths; the downside of swaying and why it's such a minefield is because there's a lot of "sciencese" that isn't really science at all. Either it's been debunked using modern technology, or it's biologically impossible, or it's an out and out misrepresentation of facts that some unethical folks use to make money off of. I am always happy to explain anything - things like timing, pH, ions, mineral balancing diets don't actually work despite having "sciencese" wrapped around them so please just ask ask ask anything that is confusing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Boy mama thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Welcome! I too have 3 lovely boys around the same ages as yours- 6, 3, and 8 months!

LE diet 12 weeks or longer. This is done by skipping breakfast or delaying breakfast as long as you can and no snacking between meals. You can have either 2-3 meals a day. Going vegetarian if you can, or at the very least, no red meat or have small amounts of chicken. Stick to 1500-1800 calories (1800-2000 calories if you're breastfeeding), 40-50g protein (40-60g protein if you're breastfeeding or have PCOS), 30-50g fat (or 40-60g fat if you're breastfeeding or have PCOS). Going vegetarian makes it easier to stick to the protein and fat limits.

Exercise via any type of cardio (doesn't have to be intense- walking casually to briskly is fine!) for 60 minutes 6-7 days a week. As little as 4-5 days a week still offers some benefit but do not go down any less than 60 minutes.

Have unprotected sex once in your fertile window either at first positive opk OR by having sex every 4 days from the end of AF through the latest you've ever ovulated (or until CD22 for most people).

Coffee (even decaf) daily. Most have this upon waking with a splash of creamer or black with sugar substitute.

Make sure to take 1200-1600mcg of folic acid or folate. Most of us don't take any other supplements. You can take fiber before fatty or nutrient rich meals.

That's about it! I'm looking forward to seeing you around! I'm swaying for a second time for a DD for my DH. Good luck to you!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    Thank you so much XX - very much appreciated!

7. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in a similar situation with three little boys. I better get on the LE diet soon if we want to try soon. Do you have an aprox success rate for mothers who follow the diet to a "t?" There seems to be a lot of males in our family. They are girls but seems to be 5-1 (boys winning) Thr coaching plan looks interesting. Is it customized to each lady based on lifestyle or anything? Thanks so much for your input. Obviously another boy would be great, but I'm wondering what it would be like with a little pink in the family.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about clomid or femara? I need to get it from a doctor. How could I justify with multiple kids and no history of infertility? What about an estrogen blocker that you can buy as a supplement?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy mama View Post
    I'm in a similar situation with three little boys. I better get on the LE diet soon if we want to try soon. Do you have an aprox success rate for mothers who follow the diet to a "t?" There seems to be a lot of males in our family. They are girls but seems to be 5-1 (boys winning) Thr coaching plan looks interesting. Is it customized to each lady based on lifestyle or anything? Thanks so much for your input. Obviously another boy would be great, but I'm wondering what it would be like with a little pink in the family.
    I prefer to be inclusive in our stats rather than go over people's sways to see if they're "good" enough. They do that on some other sites and I believe it contributes to gender disappointment and fibbing where people fudge their results to be included in the stats.

What we do know is that doing LE Diet 12 weeks or longer has 70% and up success rates.

Gender doesn't run in families genetically, it's lifestyle, which can be controlled. In my own family in just a few years we went from having 6 boys and 1 girl, to having 7 boys and 5 girls so it can turn around just that quick.

The coaching plan is customized based on lots of different things, age, health, medicines you're on, what you want from your sway and the sway tactics you believe in. It's everything BUT diet and then I help you one on one on diet in the personal coaching forums. At first it seems easier to have a meal plan but I've tried meal plans before and I find them very very hard to stick with. It's better to make your own plan based on things you personally like and know how to cook than having someone hundreds or thousands of miles away make one for you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy mama View Post
    What about clomid or femara? I need to get it from a doctor. How could I justify with multiple kids and no history of infertility? What about an estrogen blocker that you can buy as a supplement?
    Yes you need to get them from a doctor. People can develop secondary infertility even after several kiddos and can still get it prescribed, but not easily. You can still get a girl without them of course (I did!!) we only mention them because they are one of the strongest sway tactics that we know of.

I don't like estrogen blockers per se as they are herbal and we honestly do not know how any of these things really even work. So I hate to see you guys pursue theories like blocking estrogen, when it may be some other thing entirely, and then taking herbs that may possibly sway blue in some other way. Additionally some of them may really mess up your fertility and menstrual cycle. Diet and taking fiber lower estrogen in a gentle, natural way. We use Clomid/Femara because they were shown in studies to sway and because we got good results with them, not because we know that their estrogen-lowering effects is really what is swaying.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone, for the information and the warm welcome! I will need to do some more reading and planning before trying to start a sway. I think I can handle the diet part, but the timing of intercourse might be tricky. If my husband gets a sense that I am swaying he will give me a hard time, lol. I look forward to learning more from all of you!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    Thanks for the info! It's funny how our kids are close in age! You're my mom twin, haha!

15. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast