Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice to meet you and my head is swimming

Hello all, I'm a mom of three boys (7, 5, & 1). I've always wanted boys...I thought we were done but we've started thinking about a fourth. And I'm dreaming of completing our family with a baby girl. I guess I always kinda was dreaming of a girl but knew it was a long shot to be honest...

I've been reading a lurking for a week and my head is swimming. I wonder if i should bother to sway-I teach exercise classes. Two bodypump classes a week (high rep low weight big cardio kick) and two BodyFlow classes (mix of yoga Pilates stretching). I tried the LE diet today and I get shaky and dizzy. It's a big change for me. I'm still nursing. I'm just kind of a mess right now...but I really welcome your advice and am in awe of you all.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; July 12th, 2017 at 10:11 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to add...I'm 36. Hubs is 41. I'm dropping my prenatal and fish oil. Was thinking of trying Vitrex? Baby aspirin? Cranberry? I'm lost in the sauce. I want to skip breakfast but I teach morning exercise and need a little something in my stomach. Love coffee. Wine every night lol. Hubs drinks beer and exercises a lot. Just... help. Please. Thanks.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Caroline!

Yes, you can still get a girl while teaching exercise classes. If anything it will make it easier since you're already used to exercise and it won't be this huge shocking thing.

LE Diet is a tool. It needs to work for you and if it doesn't, we fiddle with it till it does. Especially people who are very active and/or breastfeeding need to up cals considerably. For right now I just want you to go vegetarian. And can you fill me in on what YOU think the LE Diet is?? Many times there is a big disconnect between what people have heard about the LE Diet and what it really is so let's get all that ironed out and come up with something that is going to work for you.

Also, anyone who needs breakfast for work - EAT! It's fine! Skipping breakfast is no magic bullet, it's just one little thing in an overall program and if you can't do it, it's fine to let it go.

Don't drop prenatal and fish oil, wean off gradually by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop it.

Vitex has not been effective for us and it has really seemed to mess up people's cycles and cut odds of conception for ladies over 35 especially.

No aspirin or cranberry while nursing. Plus, neither has worked anyway, and the risks and side effects were much greater than we originally realized and we rarely use either (only for those who insist upon having them.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome Caroline!

Yes, you can still get a girl while teaching exercise classes. If anything it will make it easier since you're already used to exercise and it won't be this huge shocking thing.

LE Diet is a tool. It needs to work for you and if it doesn't, we fiddle with it till it does. Especially people who are very active and/or breastfeeding need to up cals considerably. For right now I just want you to go vegetarian. And can you fill me in on what YOU think the LE Diet is?? Many times there is a big disconnect between what people have heard about the LE Diet and what it really is so let's get all that ironed out and come up with something that is going to work for you.

Also, anyone who needs breakfast for work - EAT! It's fine! Skipping breakfast is no magic bullet, it's just one little thing in an overall program and if you can't do it, it's fine to let it go.

Don't drop prenatal and fish oil, wean off gradually by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop it.

Vitex has not been effective for us and it has really seemed to mess up people's cycles and cut odds of conception for ladies over 35 especially.

No aspirin or cranberry while nursing. Plus, neither has worked anyway, and the risks and side effects were much greater than we originally realized and we rarely use either (only for those who insist upon having them.)

Hi Atomic- I am grateful for your reply because from my lurking I can see how busy you are. Pretty amazing how you get around to everyone's questions.

From what I've gathered the LE is avoiding high doses of protein and/or nutrient-dense foods. Trying to keep fat/cal/protein/carb at a certain level to trick the body into thinking it's hard times and up your chances of conceiving a girl

I get lost in the sauce trying to calc where m levels should be given that I'm nursing and teaching exercise classes. The good news (or not &#128522 is that I still have 10lbs of baby weight to lose so I'm very open to change. The LE diet is oppsite of how I usually eat- high protein and low carb/sugar. Aside from option to drink- I have a glass of white wine or beer most nights.

I used MFP today for 1800 calories 60 G protein and 63 fat. It was doable but I still felt shaky. I guess that comes with time?

Thanks for replying before I went and bought alll the supplements. I love that you say swaying should fit into your life and I'm trying to find how I can do that.

Does E4D start after your AF is over? We usually DTD once a week so I was thinking one shot during the fertile window might work. But then all 3 of my boys were conceived having sex on a pos OPK day...

Thank you. A lot of thank you's

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also concerned about the testosterone and weight lifting correlation with swaying blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you have the overall thrust of LE Diet but more specifically, it's 1500-1800 cals for most, but some (and you are one of these people) need to up cals 1800-2000 or even beyond to keep weight on. Protein for you should be 50-60 g and so should fat. Most of your protein and fat should be from vegetable sources like oils.

You will adjust over time but I think you should boost the cals up even more. This is not an all or nothing thing, I had to give guidelines because people wanted them, but all you need to do is eat less than when you got boys.

Yes just start e4d after AF ends. But I do want to explain that one attempt is just one thing. It's not 100% even with otherwise great pink sways, so it's entirely possible that a) you did everything "right" for pink and then fell into the 30% opposite range or b) that the other things in your life and lifestyle swayed blue and that the one attempt didn't make up for that. What we have found is that by aiming at the things that work best for most people, most of the time, it's a much better and more reliable approach than the "do the opposite" thing where people feel they have to do all this stuff differently even though they may end up doing more blue friendly things than they did to begin with!! I would have you start off with one attempt (and hey, use a cutoff if that gives you more peace of mind, totally up to you) before going to e4d but that's totally up to you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    Also concerned about the testosterone and weight lifting correlation with swaying blue.
    We have plenty of workout instructors and trainers that are here swaying BLUE! Try not to stress over things that are out of your control. Diet and exercise work in concert so if you change your diet, you will see things change.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We have plenty of workout instructors and trainers that are here swaying BLUE! Try not to stress over things that are out of your control. Diet and exercise work in concert so if you change your diet, you will see things change.
    Did you mean sway pink? I hope my job doesn't keep me from having a good shot. Going to really change my diet to vegetarian. Can I have fish once in awhile?

Thank you so much Atomic for your reply! Really truly grateful How much is a custom plan?
    Also can you refer me to an essay that describes or goes into the "one attempt" that you mentioned below? Thank you!!

"What we have found is that by aiming at the things that work best for most people, most of the time, it's a much better and more reliable approach than the "do the opposite" thing where people feel they have to do all this stuff differently even though they may end up doing more blue friendly things than they did to begin with!! I would have you start off with one attempt (and hey, use a cutoff"

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO, I mean they have tons of girls already and are swaying to get a boy!! So it is absolutely completely and totally possible, doing exactly what you do all day long, to get girls since we have a good sized chunk of people who are getting girls working as personal trainers/fitness instructors.

I have an essay on the attempts here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html