Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New to this site, but not others :)

HI!
    I'm "tinksmagic" on ig and medhelp, and I was seeing a lot of posts for this site, so here I am.

For those who don't know me, I'm a second-cycler PDG for twin boys. We tried 2 years ago with a 5 panel test on day 3 for a day 5 transfer. We had 2 healthy boys so we took them. 1 took, 1 didn't. Due to stress at my workplace, I lost him at 12 weeks. It's taken 2 years to be ready to try again (mentally, and left that job!!!)

I suffered severe gender disappointment with my 3rd daughter (child #4) to the point where I was consumed with wanting another right away!

We're on week 2 of our drugs and will do our retrieval on the 13th for a 5 day transfer on the 18th. We're supposed to be doing a day 3 - 24 panel test, though I have mixed reviews on this. We're going very aggressive for embies as I'm 40 and hubby is 43. His tests came back off the charts for his age , and I've tested fine across the board too, so we're hoping it was just stress last time and this time we're going to get our boys.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome to this site!
    I hope you get your boy(s) on your next attempt

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry about your losses. I hope you can join us int he Member forum. We can create a cycle sticky for you and follow along with this cycle. Did you do any testing at 12 weeks to see why a miscarriage happened? If so, depending on those results, that may make me change my mind about testing. As a general rule of thumb for me, I am a fan of fewer probes so you have a transfer and a chance. I am in the minority with that thinking I think though and many gals on here have used GSN to look at all chromosomes. I used 4 probes because it was the fewest my clinic offered. My DS is 17 months now.

Good luck and if you decide to join the rest of the HT bunch, you'll need to become a Dream Member. Button is a the top. If not, we have a public HT forum that you may post in and we will help any way we can! Good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you get your boys on your next attempt! Welcome
    proud momma to FOUR studly dudes
    *** colin | aidan | brendan | duncan ***

-my blog | www.loveandlittleones.com

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, and I hope everything goes well for you to get those baby boys!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the welcome! I will most likely be joining as a dream member, just have a lot to do these days, lol.

We weren't able to test our m/c he passed before I could get back to the hospital. Our dr wants to do the 24 panel, I am going to insist on the 13 at the most. The 5 last time was enough for me. I really think 24 will decrease our odds too much on what is probably a healthy embie anyway.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you have to either do them all or just 5 maximum. You don't ever want to test 13(or anything over 5). The reason why is they have to wash the cell and start over with the dyes. Dyes only come in so many colors and can only identify up to 5 chromosomes at a time. WAY too much margin for error there!

So, stick with what you did before or go all the way with GSN.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the info, I did not know that!!! I just found out we are using Genesis, not GSN. I am doing my research on Genesis now. I think though we might probably go with a 5 panel again, last time it showed 1/3 of our embies were abnormal, though I did m/c... so confused and running out of time!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with everything. I'm just over from IG as well (after being there for almost 5 years!).
    2005 2006 2008 surprise 02/2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    Good luck with everything. I'm just over from IG as well (after being there for almost 5 years!).
    Thank you! I guess they finally pulled the forums there, not found anymore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast