Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here! Trying for a girl =)

Hi all!

I have a 15 month old son and I am hoping to conceive a girl this year. I recently read How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby (Shettles method), Taking Charge of Your Fertility and various info I've found on the web re: girl diet. I'll be charting my patterns and working on a diet for the next few months before we give it a go. Thanks in advance for all your help and support!

-Marissa

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome!
    which diet are you thinking of?
    do you have a rough sway in mind already?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainbowflower - I'm actually really overwhelmed by the diet. I've printed off some of my findings and I was going to try and come up with some sort of a plan. I just came across this site today and I'm glad I did. After I attempt to come up with a diet plan I will post it here in hopes of getting some reviews/guidance. I know I'm going to do the Shettles Method and chart my bbt and cm. I definitely want to do the diet... I'm just a little confused with how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, it definitely is overwhelming but you seem like someone who likes to research stuff and there is PLENTY on here for you to pore over and to help you make your mind up. Remember, there's no "perfect" sway - what works for one might not work for another so you have to try and find what will fit into your lifestyle and is as light/strong as you like so as to have no regrets and not go mad

the diets are all quite restrictive, that you should start at least 6 weeks before your first attempt, and with the aim of lowering nutrients/minerals and causing you to lose weight. This should *hopefully* change your physical condition, hormones, lowering blood glucose, and possibly your body's pH too. The diet seems to have a lot of science supporting it in swaying-terms.

sorry for throwing another spanner in the works, but the Shettles method isn't actually a popular one on this site because so many independent studies have disproved the timing aspect of it.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What methods are popular here other than the diet? I'm bummed to hear that about the Shettles method. I'm going to start charting my bbt and cm after my next menstrual cycle, but I still have time to decide how I'm going to sway. I am a very picky eater and I'm nervous about the diet. I usually eat a lot of carbs, protein and not many veggies or fruit (awful, I know). I'm hoping to start the diet soon (once I get a plan set up) because I'm worried such a drastic change will throw off my cycle and I want to my body to adjust to it. I really do feel like the diet will be key to our swaying success! Shettles is my back-up plan, lol! Thanks for your help! I've been browsing the forum and have found so much more info!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. Timing is one of the least effective ways to sway. There is no proof it works. Diet is critical. Check out the TTC Pink forums and read the start here stickies!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks nuthinbutpink! I've read just about everything in the planning your pink sway thread. I'm overwhelmed to say the least. I am happy to have all this information, but coming up with my own diet is much harder than I thought it would be. Wish me luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and good luck.
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to GD...please feel free to take ALL of my pink dust!!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi welcome, and keep reading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast