Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic, Should I be concerned that my period is still nowhere to be seen on CD32? Think I ovulated on CD18. My previous cycle was only 27 days (usually averages 28 days). I did take an early pregnancy test 2 days ago which was negative so it’s probably not that, we’ve only been using pull out for contraception but we’ve been pretty good with it. I’m sure it’s just the sway delaying it but just wanna make sure I’m not doing anything that may prevent AF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    early miscarriage 2018
    ectopic pregnancy resulting in loss of right tube 2020

Hoping (and swaying)2021/22 is my year for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your period comes late you likely ovulated later than you realize.

Are you wanting to wait it out or do you want to make some changes to diet?

We may need to see you eating more calories and up to 60 g fat a day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Serious pink sway after 3 beautiful boys

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If your period comes late you likely ovulated later than you realize.

Are you wanting to wait it out or do you want to make some changes to diet?

We may need to see you eating more calories and up to 60 g fat a day.
    Hi Atomic, looks like it’s gonna start today- I was a bit concerned. I usually log the first day of AF as the first hint of pink discharge I see as generally it starts within the day. Is that right, or do I wait until there is an actual flow of blood to log it as CD1? (I think I saw you’d said that somewhere on another thread.) To be honest I think I need to eat more fat and protein anyway, I’ve been a bit slack on my tracking and I actually don’t think I’ve been getting enough. Calories wise I’ve been doing well (maybe a tad of the light side), but from what I see on my fitness pal app I’m actually lacking in the others. I’ll make a conscious effort to stick to the recommendations going forward, think I’m losing weight quicker then I mentioned before- it’s probably closer to 700g-1kg coming off per week at this point. BMI still pretty healthy at 22.46.

*Update- AF has definitely arrived
    Do you think I should have an attempt this cycle? I’ll be at almost 8 weeks on the diet and exercise if I ovulate around the time I should. Kind of scared I’m gonna have a harder time falling pregnant now that I’m down one Fallopian tube- not sure how much it effects things! Happy to wait till next months so it’s closer to 12 weeks if you recommend.

Last edited by jayokan; March 2nd, 2021 at 08:44 PM.
    early miscarriage 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My rule of thumb is a little different than the official rule. My rule of thumb is "if you think it's AF, then it's AF." For many of us, our period always starts with a little pink flow at the start. As long as it's YOUR type of period that's totally fine. But what we're on the lookout for, is say, spotting for many days before the period starts, because that indicates a suboptimal LP. In THAT case, people might be getting spotting at the tail end of their LP instead of their actual flow, and then if they had red flow 3-4 days later then that would actually be the start of their period, if that makes sense.

Yes please do up your food intake to hit the limits. We honestly see more trouble from people cutting back too far than not enough, so let's err on the side of caution.

It's your choice about 8 vs. 12 weeks. We do see better results 12+ but if you're doing a pretty strict sway in terms of one attempt, FR, jellies, etc you may want to go ahead earlier and treat this almost like a practice round, trying but so strictly that you cut odds of conception by a lot.

5. Likes jayokan liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    My rule of thumb is a little different than the official rule. My rule of thumb is "if you think it's AF, then it's AF." For many of us, our period always starts with a little pink flow at the start. As long as it's YOUR type of period that's totally fine. But what we're on the lookout for, is say, spotting for many days before the period starts, because that indicates a suboptimal LP. In THAT case, people might be getting spotting at the tail end of their LP instead of their actual flow, and then if they had red flow 3-4 days later then that would actually be the start of their period, if that makes sense.

Yes please do up your food intake to hit the limits. We honestly see more trouble from people cutting back too far than not enough, so let's err on the side of caution.

It's your choice about 8 vs. 12 weeks. We do see better results 12+ but if you're doing a pretty strict sway in terms of one attempt, FR, jellies, etc you may want to go ahead earlier and treat this almost like a practice round, trying but so strictly that you cut odds of conception by a lot.
    Ok great, I’ve definitely had AF now and it should finish tomorrow so I will begin OPKs then to get a feel for them as last month I started them late and probably wasn’t using them properly (not doing same time daily, drinking too much beforehand etc). Have read the Ebook now so am excited to start with them.
    Have upped food intake but still seem to be losing a couple hundred grams per day so will definitely do my first attempt this cycle.
    Hubby will start frequent release in a few days time. I can’t find Rephresh anywhere here in NZ including online, would Acijel or Replens work well in its place or should I skip that? I do have Sylk lube so I will use that for BD.

early miscarriage 2018

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just skip the RepHresh in that case - the Acijel and Replens would replace Sylk, but I like Sylk better because it's a better lube!

9. Likes jayokan liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Jayokan,

Just jumping in to say you're doing great and best of luck here soon! I'm in a similar boat to you, swaying pink after 2 boys, and plan to start TTC end of May/beginning of June based on my cycle. My sway looks very similar to yours and my husband is doing what yours is too - hoping for pink for both of us 🤗

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush, jayokan thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby27 View Post
    Hi Jayokan,

Just jumping in to say you're doing great and best of luck here soon! I'm in a similar boat to you, swaying pink after 2 boys, and plan to start TTC end of May/beginning of June based on my cycle. My sway looks very similar to yours and my husband is doing what yours is too - hoping for pink for both of us
    Hi Shelby,
    Oh that’s lovely, thanks so much!
    I was so excited (and a tad anxious) to start TTC that I thought I’d start this month (around 8 weeks diet and exercise) but I really want to feel like I’ve done all I can so I’ve decided to wait it out and go with next month instead so I can say I’ve done a full 12 weeks. Fingers crossed for pink for us both!! Xx

early miscarriage 2018

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely understand! I started the PCOS LE diet mid-January so should be around 20ish weeks when we start TTC. I had 20 lbs weight to lose and started off with higher calories and macros knowing I would be on it longer. We will be done after this baby so wanting to give it everything we got so that even if it's another boy we will go out knowing we tried!

Hoping for a quick conception & your desired baby girl 💖

15. Thanks jayokan thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, jayokan liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To anyone reading this thread in the future, I’m beyond blessed to update that I’m 14 weeks pregnant with my baby girl (confirmed via NIPT earlier this week) , 1 year and 8 months after making the decision to sway for a girl for my 4th and final baby. After only having boys this feels so surreal and I still have to pinch myself!

I did a full on sway for about 4 months beginning March 2021. I don’t think I was eating enough calories (I was rubbish at tracking) and I lost too much weight and found it difficult to conceive.

I amended my diet a little after that, upped the calories a bit and incorporated meat back in but in minimal amounts and for the majority of time it was just chicken. I wouldn’t typically eat breakfast, instead combining breakfast and lunch and (though I’m definitely not recommending it), I was vaping quite a bit due to stress which I think helped keep my calorie intake lower. I couldn’t say what i adjusted my calories to as I stopped tracking it all, all I CAN say is that it was significantly less then before sway when I would eat 3 full meals per day along with whatever else tickled my fancy in between- the way I ate when I got all my beautiful boys

I kept up the exercise, doing far less weights then I usually would and more cardio then I’m used to- usually just brisk walks for around 45 minutes, 5/6 times a week. I conceived in December 21’ but had a miscarriage, then suffered a chemical pregnancy beginning of August this year, but conceived this beautiful blessing only a few weeks later.

I think one of the biggest things that helped me HONESTLY, was stepping back and not stressing over it all. I had to almost put swaying out of my mind completely (the loose diet and exercise remained as it had become habit), but I stopped trying to control every single factor like I’ve always done in the past- let it go and decided that after the losses I more then anything wished for a beautiful baby to take home. I stopped obsessively reading about what everyone else had done to get their girls and decided that if we’re lucky enough to be blessed with another baby then it would be the sex I was supposed to get and I would love him/her absolutely no less anyway like I do my boys.

Timing and attempts were pretty much boy friendly the month of conception- I was using OPKS and following sperm meets egg plan for attempts by this stage as I just wanted to get pregnant, I guess it was the other lifestyle changes that swayed things in my favour. Also the fact that this had become my way of living for a year and a half probably helped, it was a slower and more drawn out process for me then some, but ended up beautifully!

Thank you so much to Atomic, if I hadn’t gained all the knowledge to did from you and this site and changed things up with my lifestyle then I HIGHLY doubt I’d be sitting here with this news today! Your vast wealth of knowledge has helped so many women the world over and I’m so grateful to say you’ve helped me, you’re amazing!!!

early miscarriage 2018

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast