Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Australian couple hoping to travel to USA for PGD for our baby girl

Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am an Australian mum who saw Dr Potter recently on 60 minutes. I have two beautiful boys and have long dreamed of a daughter. We tried naturally for pink with our first conception and after secondary infertility needed IVF to conceive DS2. Gender selection is illegal in Aust and our IVF doc is not sympathetic to our cause.

I have commenced emails to HRC and RFC and want any and all advice from other internationals who travelled for PGD. I am so frightened of it being a long and financially draining process, but I can't risk another boy when I want a daughter so so much.

Is Dr Potter the best person to go too? Is he easy to get into cycle with? I am keen to start ASAP as we were returning to our IVF clinic this month for a FET in Australia. Now I have cancelled that and am dreaming of pink that is made in the USA.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh thats fantastic. You found us thru sixty minutes!! Welcome.
    I cycled with dr potter 3 times to get my ds but technically probably would have taken twice, long story lol!
    There are a lot of great clinics in the U.S but dr p and dr lin get a lot of aussie and overseas patients as they are used to dealing with us.
    There is a wealth of info on the ht board that will help you.
    Basically whoever you choose, will request some tests first to gauge how you might respond and youll go from there. They will coordinate the rest. Complicated but if your keen, súper easy. It may not work the first time, just so you know and may be costly if it takes a few goes but definately worth the end result.
    Hth

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. How many frosties do you have? Can you ship them for testing? Is that allowed?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck on your journey

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have 5 frosties but they are only day 2 and C grade. Not sure if they are worth shipping to the USA but its a question I will ask. We are super keen for a double transfer as we would love twin girls. I suspect out of our frosties we would be unlikely to get two female blastocytes.
    I got 22 eggs with my down reg stim IVF in 2010, 18 fertalized with ICSI but at day 2 only 6 survived. We had a chemical preg when one was implanted. My IVF doc was going to do the shorter cycle next time for stim to get better quality.
    If I work with Dr Potter does he only do the full down reg stim (starting on the OCP)?? I think I read that he does so he can know your exact dates.
    ??
    Australian couple
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome.

There are a lot of Aussie ladies here. I personally have chosen Dr P, but there are lots of other Dr's as well. The process of getting started is quite easy, you just get a consult with the clinic (Dr P does this free of charge over the phone for members of this site). Then you get your pre testing; blood tests, etc for DH and yourself and then once your results are in, you are ready to cycle. You are no stranger to IVF so you know that is the hard part...

Good luck.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Zibibbogirl and all who have posted. I am in contact with Dr Potters clinic and trying to arrange my consultation now. Do you pay for a single cycle or two or three cycles at a time? I am concerned that with the PGD and getting to Blastocyst stage, we might end up with nothing to transfer?? Am I overthinking??
    Australian couple

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast