Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Mrs. P, have I told you that I love you today!!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeMenAndALAdy View Post
    I think having kids keeps you young!! My parents had my sister and I when they were in their early 20's. I've seen their lives slow down to the point where I don't think it's healthy...and they're only 57 and 58. I'm having my 5th, and I'm 37. I think if you can keep up with them, keep having them!!!
    And you look way better than me on it - not fair
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Mrs. P, have I told you that I love you today!!!
    Love ya to
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    haha I had my first at 22 and I do feel old. I think older moms tend to feel younger, from what I have heard anyways! Not saying it is true for everyone of course!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe I'm closer to 40 than 30. This sucks!!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never feel old unless I'm TTC, lol. THEN I feel old!!

It helps that I've inherited lucky Asian aging genes, so I look a lot younger than I am....most people guess my age around 24-25 (I'm 33). I still occasionally get carded at the liquor store (in Ont the drinking age is 21).

Alas, the way my body *didn't* spring back after DS3 emphasized how I'm not really a spring chicken anymore, not to mention getting close to "Advanced Maternal Age" status. Ugh I hate that term!!!

OTOH, not having the baby weight drop off was a blessing in disguise as I took up exercising seriously and I'm now in the best shape (and weight) of my life!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, you are not. You're only twenty-seventeen.

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and today the OB nurse informed me that technically, I'm not of Advanced maternal age." The technical term is "senile multigravida." I threw a piece of candy at her.

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellbelle View Post
    Oh, and today the OB nurse informed me that technically, I'm not of Advanced maternal age." The technical term is "senile multigravida." I threw a piece of candy at her.
    Good LORD. Shall we all get out our walking canes now?!?? That's horrible!!

Isn't there a term for having had multiple previous pregnancies too? So in two years I'll be a 'senile multi-para-gravida' or something? Yeesh. My favourite part was where I jumped like HUGE odds in likelihood of having a Downs baby simply by turning 29 during the pregnancy with DS3....it was something really significant, like going from 1/1500 to 1/750.....

So silly and arbitrary!
    Last edited by LacePrincess; October 18th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Good LORD. Shall we all get out our walking canes now?!?? That's horrible!!

Isn't there a term for having had kids too? So in two years I'll be a 'senile multi-para-gravida' or something? Yeesh. My favourite part was where I jumped like HUGE odds in likelihood of having a Downs baby simply by turning 29 during the pregnancy with DS3....it was something really significant, like going from 1/1500 to 1/750.....

So silly and arbitrary!
    With your first, you're primagravida. With your second + you're multigravida. And yes, it's awful. She believes it was developed by a man, lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast