Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How old do you feel?

I don't feel like 40. It's so unreal Yet it's sad fact I'm turning 40 in 2 weeks

I look my friends who are my age and completely are in 'midlife way of life' ( 1-2 kids older then 5, regular jobs, etc...) And I'm dreaming of my next baby like I'm in my 20's? Is that irresponsible? Or immature?
    Or I shouldn't go with the main ****** so to speak?

The other day we had my DD1 b-day party and we were talking about the lady from church who is expecting her 3rd son ( I'm jealous beyond words, but that's not the topic here lol!) So I said she is young enough to have her 4th in a year or two and all of them jumped at me: no, that's too much! (wtf?????) 4kids? that's crazy!!!! One should know when enough is enough (!!!????)....and more of the same type comments.
    I was bummed. They all have 1-2 kids and all are in the late 30's -early 40's. 2 kids are norm here. I'll be treated like irresponsible freak for having 4.

My biggest concern: will I be here long enough for them? I realize there are no guarantees, people can die no matter what age, maybe I'll live long enough to see all of them married?

Sorry for rambling. I'm so unsure am I in denial of my age and should accept the reality or I should feel the way I feel, not so old?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We r not old.Nim 37 I feel 27. I swear. Your as old as we feel. Amazing how your jealous of a 3rd boy, she may be dying for a girl. Whether she admits it or not. if my next one is a boy I'll need a straight jacket! We can always switch lol! My boys are Gorgous!! Lol! But I WANT a girl... Life is so unfair.
    I love the idea of 4, nice and even. Everyone here has two kids also.. I want to be surrounded by family when I'm old. My kids and their families the more the better! Forget the norm!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    40 is not old! My MIL had my DH's younger brother when she was over 40 and that was 30 some years ago! Nowadays having kids at 40 is just normal. People are waiting so much longer to have kids and many don't even get started until mid-late 30s. Don't worry about your friends. They won't have the regrets later if you stopped before you felt complete, you will! Go for it, I say!
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know so many moms who have kids the same ages as mine but are 10 years older -- it's not that uncommon! Around here, especially among "professionals," starting to have children at 35+ is very common, so I have worked with lots of moms who are expecting in their early 40s. What I hear from them is "OMG, I can't believe you are old enough to have kids the ages of yours!" I don't think you're being irresponsible or immature at all.

But if I just looked at my family... yeah, I'm ancient. My family believes in early marriage and early motherhood (like, 18-20) and I had my first at 25, after I had finished grad school -- and now my last at 36. So to them, I am old. What I hear from THEM is, "It's so sad that this is only the fourth you will have given birth to... time is running out, you know, but I guess it was worth it to YOU to spend all that time going to college." LOL

Normally, I feel younger than I am. But with all this morning sickness and fatigue, I swear I am 10 years older today.

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ZB...a couple of weeks ago I would have been right on board the "we are not old" train. But events of the last couple of weeks have made me see things in a different light. NO, I don't feel old, and to be honest, I look younger (and better!) than some friends of mine in their mid-thirties. I feel great, but every year older I get I realize my eggs are getting older, even if I don't look/feel like I am! All those stats about increased chance of chromosomal defect/miscarriage as you get older...well it happened to me last week.

I'm ploughing forward though, because I DO want another baby, especially now, and yes all of my friends think 2 is enough, but I don't care! One more for me please, and enough of your unsolicited advice (I'm directing that the other preschool moms who I catch shaking their heads at me).

I say, you go girl, and I'll be "going" right along with you!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 39 and have three boys. I don't think that I am too old to want a baby, although some may think that. I think more people will think we are nuts for having 4 kids rather than my age. Heck, even DH thinks it's nuts but he's willing to go along. People now just don't have as many kids as they used to. I don't care though. I want a big family and a little girl would just complete it. If this is a boy, that's fine too...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel 85 today...my lower back is all shot to heck and DH says I walk like a grandma. ha
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My best friend is 45 and she has given birth to her second, now i realise she is closer in age to my mom at 52 than to me (and not far off the age my mom was when i had ds1 - 49) BUT age is just a number. She is my best friend and the person i have most in common with, i never see her as being older or her me as really young, she just a mom like every other (although a fab one!). I do agree that when you can't tell if a parent is a parent or a grandparent enough is enough but 40 is NOT old. Although yes i do think anchor has a point in that in terms of evolution it is on the older side to have a baby (my friend had 5 miscarriages before the sticky baby but no problems with her first although there is a 7 year gap) BUT most definitely not too old to be a mom just may take a little longer, but then anything worth having is worth working for.

I really hope you get your son and please don't worry about other peoples comments, you only get one shot in life and its your life do what makes you happy - i always think i never regret having a single one of my children but i would regret not trying x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ps if its any help i feel old!!!!!! With 3 kids, a job and a uni degree to contend with i am always tired and ever since ds3 i have had such bad problems with back i often end up with a limp to rival kaiser sosay (and yes it disappears after i've been on my feet for a good few steps to). My stomach looks like a deflated balloon that has been blown up way to many times and my boobs are round my knees due to all the breast feeding - not the sort of thing i would admit freely or to just anyone and i am only 30!

(my friend by the way rather sickeningly has the figure i had in my 20's and not a mark to show from her kids everything pinged back within weeks - not fair!)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think having kids keeps you young!! My parents had my sister and I when they were in their early 20's. I've seen their lives slow down to the point where I don't think it's healthy...and they're only 57 and 58. I'm having my 5th, and I'm 37. I think if you can keep up with them, keep having them!!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast