Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is at your discretion, I feel that while the folic above 2000 mcg is safe, it is a little bit "out of my pay grade" and so I think most people are best off with a doctor's input. I took it, like I mentioned above.

Also forgot in above diatribe to mention iodized salt or iodine supps for anyone who DOES NOT have thyroid issues. Anyone who does have thyroid issues consult with doctor about taking iodine before starting it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - if I was planning our girl sway attempt for Jan 2016, when do you recommend I start taking the supplements (folic acid, etc)? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd take them now, but it's up to you. At least the folic and iodine, and I'd prob. give myself a run between now and 6 weeks before of prenatals to save up any nutrients lacking after the loss.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I asked my GP about the folic acid 2 days ago and she just said to take 500mcg, but obviously that's not enough is it? You don't think I need to do anything more extreme such as baby aspirin and progesterone do you? It's really difficult deciding how far you should go or to what extremes after you've had a miscarriage. I'd read somewhere on another website that miscarriages that occur between 10-20 weeks can happen because of implantation problems and that baby aspirin can help with that but I don't like the idea of taking baby aspirin every day for an entire pregnancy.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doctors know what they were taught in medical school. I've read the research on it and I believe that it's better to take more. It is up to you of course but I know that I had baby with a neural tube defect on 800 mcg and a very healthy diet so I personally do not believe 500 is enough.

I don't think progesterone works and like I said baby aspirin, unless you are proven to need it, it is not worth the risks and side effects.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The number one, two, and three reasons for miscarriages are maternal age. i am not trying to be a hardass, it's just that you can read any amount of baloney on line. Miscarriages between 10-20 weeks are absolutely NOT caused by implantation problems, implantation had long occured by that point. Thyroid issues and something wrong with the baby's development are the reasons pregnancies end most commonly at that stage.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. No I certainly don't think you're being a hardass. I like and appreciate your honesty. Age can be a factor so if I do conceive again I am really going to have to make sure I am mentally prepared. I do believe if I was to conceive again and miscarried again a second time, then I would definitely accept that my eggs are probably past their due date and accept that God's plan for me was to have the three beautiful children I'm already blessed to have had and just be grateful for that. But I certainly would not be taking progesterone or aspirin unless it was necessary (although we don't know whether it is or it isn't) - so I guess I would just have to up the folic acid to at least 2,000mcg and take the other supps you've suggested such as Coq10. I am already back taking Elevit again and Vit D and a Vit C since I've been stuck with a throat thing I can't seem to get rid of. My immune system is def pretty low at the moment. My DH is still adamant about no more kids - he is such a stubborn bugger. I love him to bits of course but he is extremely stubborn and it's often either 'his way or the highway' figuratively speaking.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123