Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I share these concerns. Then I remind myself that my grandmother like many during her time had 6 children total 2 of which were in her 40s. I believe it's definitely possible to have healthy children in our 40s.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom had me at 40. I'm A-Okay! My husbands Aunt had twin boys at 48!!! They will be two in September and healthy strong little men. Her pregnancy was fantastic, zero complications...had a C-section at 37 weeks because one was presenting wrong.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BZ88 and Mommymachine thank you! It IS true that women have had babies in their 40s for years. I guess it is all the recent stuff about "advanced maternal age" and such that gets me all stressed out.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BZ88 wow! I cried while reading that. How amazing for that couple! I wonder about the idea of a last burst of fertility. I've always been fertile but since my DS2 was born, I got my AF back at 5 months despite exclusively BFing and now, every month I have crazy huge amounts of EWCM. More than anytime in the past. Hmmmmmmm.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's take advantage of this last surge. I believe it's totally possible to have healthy babies in your 40 so ladies let's think positive and focus on caring for our bodies.

Not sure if there's much activity on this later mom board. I'm wondering if anyone had a personalized diet for us later moms ie. Dhea eating lots of good fats veggies and protein exercise HIIT and IF (eating in a 8-10 hour window).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, not all those things are going to be necessary or doable for older moms, but I do have a diet that is better for fertility that I've had a lot of my older moms on here, 5 posts from top, called "atomic fertility diet" (yes, this is a PCOS thread but the diet works for anyone who needs to maintain higher levels of fertility and there are variants for pink and blue) : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,

I don't think there can be a blanket cutoff age and every individual is unique and incomparable. I dont think there is a 'too old' until you reach menopause.

My mother had my younger brother when she was 40. I am currently 39 with twins. There are mothers in the toddler group I take my 2 year old daughter to who are in their mid-forties (one of whom has a 2 year old girl and a newborn daughter and she herself is 43). The lady sharing the same room with me at the post natal ward after I had my son had just turned 50.

I asked my midwife if she thought I was too old and she looked at me odd and said "I get loads of mothers much older than you. Only today I saw two ladies in their 50's." And she also added that they were healthy pregnancies with no complications.

There is no such thing as 'too old' in my opinion. Medical textbooks are there as statistical guides. They're in no way determinant. Women used to have children well into their 40's in the victorian times and before according to census records. Nowadays healthy pregnancies and childbriths for women in their 40's and over have nearly caught up to their younger counterparts with the medical advancement in place.

and expecting

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My maternal grandmother conceived my mother (and her twin brother) at age 40, then my mother had me at 36 and later my brother at 43, both perfect pregnancies. My mum also conceived boy/girl twins at 47, it was an oops/unplanned, and she miscarried them both.

My paternal grandmother had my dad and then 2 of my aunts, all between age 45-50! She had 6 children total (4 girls, 2 boys).
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 16th, 2015 at 07:03 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    loving this thread ladies

im 38 this year and we are having to hold off a little longer until we hope to get our baby together, but i agree with whats been said, congrats on your twins makali xx
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous boys and three gorgeous stepchildren

Mine - 1998 2008 2010

DPs: 2005 2007 2009

Havin vas reversal 2015 dreaming 2015

hoping for our little pink princess ttc 2016

super strong swimmer vibeys needed

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast