Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Need advice, not ovulating I think :(

So I'm 40, I have 3 kids last one is 16 mo. I've been ttc girl for 4 months, but husband had been out of town working so missing a lot of bd times. Had to do 3+ Days bf ovulation. So I started using opk test the last 2 months and I have only tested once a day and it would get dark but never pos. I never had a problem concieving before so I'm new to this. Should I try one more month using opk and waiting or try the clomid route and see my ob. I have ewmc so we have tried the night I had the most but I know this month I'm out again unless divine intervention! I will try charting next month I'm just horrible at it! Has anyone had this issue???

I'm short on time and scared it may not happen

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Traci. I don't know much about not ovulating Hun sorry but have you tried using a different brand of OPKs? I know quite a few ladies (myself included) have bought cheapo ones in bulk from eBay and they just didn't work. I bought a chemist one which worked great or I've found the Clear Blue digital ovulation test (WITHOUT the dual hormone indicator) fantastic for detecting O. Another thing I do is use the Fertility Friend app on my phone to record down all my cycle details and this helps you to detect O. Plus taking your BBT helps to pinpoint O. You've still got plenty of time too by the way. I had my 3rd child when I was nearly 41 so don't give up just yet. I'm now 44 and hoping for one more (yes...I must be nuts as a few people have told me...lol). Good luck and I hope you get your little girl.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know they didn't work I awesome they all would.
    That gives me hope, thank you so much. I really would love this last child and I feel so blessed to have my other children. But love a dd!! I have to relax when I don't see a + opk or preg test. How long would you wait to see a me. Il add charting this month. Maybe that will give me a little more detail

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try at least another cycle on my own before seeing a doctor or Ob if I was you. Try some different OPK test strips first, the BBTs (more accurate if you take your BbT vaginally than orally) and record it all on Fertility Friend app. You need to take BBT at same time every morning. I usually set alarm for 6.45am so I get it accurate. You mention that you are still getting CM so still sounds like you are Oing - maybe just dodgy OPK strips. Good luck.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you getting your period regularly? If you are getting a period then you are probably ovulating.

The cheapie ebay OPKs are useless, you can get positives with them but it is very easy to miss them if you don't test really often. I have tried OvuPlan tests which work better and a lot of people on here like the clear blue fertility monitor ones but they are quite pricey.

I have ordered some Wondfo opk tests from Amazon which are supposed to be good but I won't know how they compare until next cycle.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

6. Likes maidentomother, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What purple said. If you are getting regular periods you are almost definitely Oing.

I almost never (like 2x in 6 years) get positive OPKs, not even with proper Formosa Medical Wondfos, the best OPKs available. But I definitely O. There are a significant minority of us who rarely get true positives. I do get 1-2 days of OPKs that are clearly much darker so I consider those my positives, and they line up with temps and ultrasounds confirming O.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow!! I feel so much better. Yes I have regular periods every 31 days. I did get darker lines so when I temp next month Il take it that that's maybe my O. I missed it this month I was waiting for the pos opk. So next month il give it a shot. I can't say thank you enough I was so worries I was premenopausal!! I was gonna try vitex but maybe il wait a month. Has anyone tried vitex?

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was on Vitex for several cycles in 2014. If you click on my chart/link below in my signature you can look through my past charts, I always note in the title the cycles I was on Vitex. It really helped lengthen my naturally short LP (from 10 day average up to 14 days) but it also delayed O by 1-2 weeks whenever I started or stopped taking it, just that one transitional cycle but still highly annoying, so I dropped it. Plus I am on fertility meds now which can't be mixed with V.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That helps a ton, I'm gonna hold off this month on vitex I did make ob apt got clomid next month just so I have it scheduled. But I'm hoping with temping il be able to pin point more accurate O. I'm contemplating Ivf I really would love a healthy dd to complete our family but so nervous on such a huge step.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you'll do great on the Clomid! Very strong pink sway tactic combined with diet/exercise and one attempt.

My Ovulation Chart

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast