Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Plus we were both taking INSANE amounts of cranberry supps, plus calcium and magnesium. Probably overkill I'm sure....don't know how we managed to actually conceive at all. Lol
    Those things may not really cut odds of conception much (although seriously girl, you were taking insane amounts of cranberry LOL). In comparison to some things like antihistamine, which really may.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Yes I hear you loud and clear. No antihistamine. What should I do about the probiotic I am taking? Is there any way to counteract the effects of that in my sway? Would me stopping taking it around O day for a few days be of benefit? And what BD timing did you use when you got your girl Atomic? I get worried about BD every 4 days because on the IG they said that was boy zone. With the girl we have we BD on a 3 and 5 day cut off, plus every day around O as well. But with our first son we BD a few times prior to O 2 days in a row. With our third boy we BD twice in a row around O. I know timing is not that important as a sway factor but I'm worried I'm not doing much to increase my odds of getting a girl. I'm worried that everything I'm doing to increase my health and fertility is going to work against me and get me a third boy, not that would be the be all and end all of course.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need the probiotic. that isn't open for debate, if you need something for health and wellbeing you MUST continue to take it. Stopping it for a few days at ovulation would be meaningless because the microorganisms are actually colonizing your intestines and living in there. Just stopping them will not make the ones that are there go away, and could possibly give a toehold for the bad guys to come back again.

When I got my girl my husband and I were having unprotected sex about every 3-5 days and this correlated to my attempt being late at night (about 1 am) the day before O day which is classic Shettles boy timing. I have 3 of 4 boys with girl cutoffs so a total of 4 timing opposites for me.

It is not that timing is an unimportant sway factor. It is that it doesn't work and has been 110% debunked by modern technology. I know I can say it till I"m blue in the face and you're still going to have those doubts but our results have one attempt regardless of day fluctuating between 70-75% and every 4 days at 75% right now.

EVERY pink sway tactic there is reduces odds of conception. That is the reality of pink swaying. There is no pink friendly tactic that ups odds of conception. So you need to turn this around in your mind to say NOT that you're not increasing your odds of getting a girl, but that you really ARE. You have one chance here and time is not our friend anyway even if you were not limited to one shot. If you add in bullshit sway tactics that don't even work, you are actually not increasing your odds of getting a girl becuase you are DECREASING your odds of conceiving. If you do not get pregnant, in this one month you have to try, then you have ZERO percent chance of getting a girl.

4. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by signingmommyfor3 View Post
    Had an ER scare a week and half ago when I went in for stomach pain (turned out to be several infections and a cyst) and in the process they did an ultrasound and I only had a yolk sac and was measuring 6w0d when I was 7w0d so they took my betas and had the Ob take them Monday. Then a scan at the Ob on last Thur said there was 2 yolk sacs, measuring still 6w0d and still no fetal poles. Betas were really high and increasing: 50000-72000-110000. Still concerned about there being no babies but the dr wanted me to wait 2 weeks.
    Any updates Hun? I've been thinking of you and hoping the best outcome for you.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I went in for the private scan Thursday and they told me that my uterus isn't slightly tilted but it's really tilted and at this stage because babies are so small and having a tilted uterus it's hard to do a abdominal ultrasound and they don't do vaginal ultrasound there. They were able to confirm that the gestational sac is growing, in 7days measurements went from 6w0d to 7w3d, and there is blood flowing to the gestational sac. She didn't see a reason for concern and They said that I could come back in 2 to 3 weeks for another private ultrasound for free since they were able to do anything really See anything at this one. Have an appt with the Ob this Thursday and he will do a vaginal ultrasound but for now I feel that at least 1 baby is in there growing.
    DSS #1 (2006)
    DS #2 (2007)
    DS #3 (2009)
    (April 2012 @7weeks)
    (July 2015 @7weeks)
    (Jan 2016 @9weeks, identical twins)

Ttcing in 2016. Praying for a little to complete this household of boys!! But another boy would be loved!

My FF Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by signingmommyfor3 View Post
    Well I went in for the private scan Thursday and they told me that my uterus isn't slightly tilted but it's really tilted and at this stage because babies are so small and having a tilted uterus it's hard to do a abdominal ultrasound and they don't do vaginal ultrasound there. They were able to confirm that the gestational sac is growing, in 7days measurements went from 6w0d to 7w3d, and there is blood flowing to the gestational sac. She didn't see a reason for concern and They said that I could come back in 2 to 3 weeks for another private ultrasound for free since they were able to do anything really See anything at this one. Have an appt with the Ob this Thursday and he will do a vaginal ultrasound but for now I feel that at least 1 baby is in there growing.
    That's great news Hun! Sounds really promising. Is a tilted uterus something that you always have or something that can just occur after having a baby or two already? As long as there's one little bubba in there growing healthily away, then that will be a blessing. I never realised how delicate and fragile baby making is until a miscarriage. Then it all gets put into perspective and we feel blessed to have at least one healthy baby. Keep us posted and I hope things keep progressing well for you. Take care.

8. Thanks signingmommyfor3 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay signing! I had a good feeling and I hope all continues well. I have an extremely tilted uterus too. I think it may be genetic, my mom had one too, and mine has been tilted my whole life.

Sometimes they stay flipped forward after pregnancy but I don't think pregnancy can cause a tilted uterus.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You need the probiotic. that isn't open for debate, if you need something for health and wellbeing you MUST continue to take it. Stopping it for a few days at ovulation would be meaningless because the microorganisms are actually colonizing your intestines and living in there. Just stopping them will not make the ones that are there go away, and could possibly give a toehold for the bad guys to come back again.

When I got my girl my husband and I were having unprotected sex about every 3-5 days and this correlated to my attempt being late at night (about 1 am) the day before O day which is classic Shettles boy timing. I have 3 of 4 boys with girl cutoffs so a total of 4 timing opposites for me.

It is not that timing is an unimportant sway factor. It is that it doesn't work and has been 110% debunked by modern technology. I know I can say it till I"m blue in the face and you're still going to have those doubts but our results have one attempt regardless of day fluctuating between 70-75% and every 4 days at 75% right now.

EVERY pink sway tactic there is reduces odds of conception. That is the reality of pink swaying. There is no pink friendly tactic that ups odds of conception. So you need to turn this around in your mind to say NOT that you're not increasing your odds of getting a girl, but that you really ARE. You have one chance here and time is not our friend anyway even if you were not limited to one shot. If you add in bullshit sway tactics that don't even work, you are actually not increasing your odds of getting a girl becuase you are DECREASING your odds of conceiving. If you do not get pregnant, in this one month you have to try, then you have ZERO percent chance of getting a girl.
    I hear you loud and clear Atomic. Thanks soooo much Hun. I really do appreciate all your replies and advice. I just have two more questions - (1) I have only been taking 100mg ubiquinol per day - is that enough? Or should I be taking at least 400mg daily? Also, how am I supposed to wean off of these when I get a BFP if they come in capsule form? (2) would we have a better chance of getting a girl if we BD every 3-4 days as opposed to just the one shot at pos OPK? Thanks so much once again. I am trying to pluck up the courage to give it a go this next cycle coming up and AF arrives in a couple of days, so I guess I'm getting a bit jittery.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great news Hun! Sounds really promising. Is a tilted uterus something that you always have or something that can just occur after having a baby or two already? As long as there's one little bubba in there growing healthily away, then that will be a blessing. I never realised how delicate and fragile baby making is until a miscarriage. Then it all gets put into perspective and we feel blessed to have at least one healthy baby. Keep us posted and I hope things keep progressing well for you. Take care.
    Some people always have it and some of us get it after our first. Mine wasn't there with 1st child but with subsequent pregnancies and has gotten worse over time. It sucks because it presses on my bladder and makes my urethra malfunction so I have trouble peeing in the first trimester (fun fun). What happens is that as baby(ies) grow the uterus comes up and flips into position and the baby has enough room to grow. VERY rarely the uterus doesn't flip up and this can be dangerous, but it hardly ever goes that way.

I do think it's partly genetic because my mom and one of my sisters has it too.

12. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you loud and clear Atomic. Thanks soooo much Hun. I really do appreciate all your replies and advice. I just have two more questions - (1) I have only been taking 100mg ubiquinol per day - is that enough? Or should I be taking at least 400mg daily? Also, how am I supposed to wean off of these when I get a BFP if they come in capsule form? (2) would we have a better chance of getting a girl if we BD every 3-4 days as opposed to just the one shot at pos OPK? Thanks so much once again. I am trying to pluck up the courage to give it a go this next cycle coming up and AF arrives in a couple of days, so I guess I'm getting a bit jittery.
    I used to only use 100 but so many reproductive endocrinolosgists were recommending
    200-600 range that I have recently increased it. I cannot say if it's better or worse, just going off their recommendations. You just gradually space doses furhter and further out till down to 1 per week and then safe to drop.

I don't know what method would get you better results. Two different sets of people (very fertile people, with regular cycles get pregnant with one attempt, whereas less fertile people who have been swaying a long time and/or have irregular cycles are doing e4d) are using those methods and they are not able to be compared.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast