Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would you consider donor eggs, BB??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know Atomic. As I learn more I see the success rates are much higher. A lot of my fantasy is about having a mini me so I guess the genetic bit is important to me, but obviously the experiences and potential relationship are more important. So perhaps. I wondered if I could do 1 round with my own eggs, and if (when) it failed, do a donor egg round. Then that would have to be it. Have you ever heard of a 40 year old OHW?
    2012 2015 dreaming of

3. Thanks Babygirlquest thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 20th, 2021 at 10:18 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So put in 1 of each? Then if 1 stuck, you wouldn't know which...but if both did one would be yours and 1 would be from the donor egg, they'd be twins but half siblings? Wow! And I thought my family was already complicated! �� Is that a common choice babygirlquest?
    2012 2015 dreaming of

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 20th, 2021 at 10:17 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbump View Post
    I don't know Atomic. As I learn more I see the success rates are much higher. A lot of my fantasy is about having a mini me so I guess the genetic bit is important to me, but obviously the experiences and potential relationship are more important. So perhaps. I wondered if I could do 1 round with my own eggs, and if (when) it failed, do a donor egg round. Then that would have to be it. Have you ever heard of a 40 year old OHW?
    If you look up Jany1025's posts http://genderdreaming.com/forum/members/jany1025.html she did have success later on (although her journey has been a very long one.) I don't know that she was in her 40's though??

Just giving it to you straight here - I would buy a lottery ticket instead of expecting to be a OHW at 40.

I think egg donors are going to be by far and away your best bet. I understand the temptation to want a minime but in reality even when you get a DD naturally there's no guarantee of that. My daughter looks just like my husband (has same coloring as me but I could have got that from an egg donor) And my stepcousin's daughter looks like her mother in law (it's really crazy because my stepcousin is Mexican with black hair and dark skin, and her daughter is blonde and blue eyed.)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 28th, 2016 at 01:07 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is OHW ladies? Pardon my ignorance.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So conflicted and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    What is OHW ladies? Pardon my ignorance.
    One hit wonder = getting pregnant first cycle without much effort

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So conflicted and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you look up Jany1025's posts http://genderdreaming.com/forum/members/jany1025.html she did have success later on (although her journey has been a very long one.) I don't know that she was in her 40's though??

Just giving it to you straight here - I would buy a lottery ticket instead of expecting to be a OHW at 40.

I think egg donors are going to be by far and away your best bet. I understand the temptation to want a minime but in reality even when you get a DD naturally there's no guarantee of that. My daughter looks just like my husband (has same coloring as me but I could have got that from an egg donor) And my stepcousin's daughter looks like her mother in law (it's really crazy because my stepcousin is Mexican with black hair and dark skin, and her daughter is blonde and blue eyed.)
    Yes a million cycles in my late 30's I always said my stopping point is 40 no matter what I will never ever ever cycle after 40 as you might as well just open the window and just let the money fly out. But anyone who's done HT will tell you it's not that easy to stop the more you do it the closer you get you can just taste it and then you get the rug taken from under you and it's terrible!!

I had ONLY two transfers after 40, and bam 2 daughters at 40 and 42, I am now 43 with an 8 week old. I will say though I had good ovarian reserve and that's what kept me going...there are a lot of factors to consider when cycling at such an advanced age..
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

11. Likes atomic sagebrush, coralsky liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I got pregnant easily when I was 40 naturally and gave birth 2 months prior to turning 41. I've read of it happening quite a lot now - women having babies naturally in their 40s. I've also joined a Facebook page of women in their 40s having babies. Some are conceiving naturally and others are using donor eggs. And even if you do have a low ovarian reserve that doesn't mean that you can't conceive naturally.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast