Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish box

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Don't worry - I am constantly reminding myself that if I am lucky enough to even fall pregnant again I really just want a sticky healthy baby. The gender of that baby will be my second priority, if that makes sense. If I had another little boy he would be very much loved and I would somehow learn to find peace that a second little girl just wasn't on the cards for me.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Determination, effort, focus - these are great traits when it comes to many things. But when swaying pink they are actually handicaps oftentimes. Instead an indirect, relaxed, accepting attitude seems to work best. I think it's a big part of why the daily endurance cardio is so effective - bc it affects mindset and even personality.

Swaying pink is like those magic eye illusions, you're successful by NOT looking for the image head on. Only by looking from the corner of your eyes can you see the image. It's not a way of looking that comes naturally to most pink swayers, bc you have to stop trying actively.

Maybe that makes more sense? I'm not trying to knock your beliefs, just speaking from my own experience and based on a VERY strong trend I've observed. It's almost eerie how fundamentally similar so many pink swayers are, myself included.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Likes trifecta, Dreamofpink, nicoler, XXforhubby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Determination, effort, focus - these are great traits when it comes to many things. But when swaying pink they are actually handicaps oftentimes. Instead an indirect, relaxed, accepting attitude seems to work best. I think it's a big part of why the daily endurance cardio is so effective - bc it affects mindset and even personality.

Swaying pink is like those magic eye illusions, you're successful by NOT looking for the image head on. Only by looking from the corner of your eyes can you see the image. It's not a way of looking that comes naturally to most pink swayers, bc you have to stop trying actively.

Maybe that makes more sense? I'm not trying to knock your beliefs, just speaking from my own experience and based on a VERY strong trend I've observed. It's almost eerie how fundamentally similar so many pink swayers are, myself included.
    Maiden has put it perfectly! THAT is the attitude that brought me my wonderful, sweet sway opposite ds3 in 2013.

Three beautiful boys and my longed-for DD due in June 2016!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

5. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still don't get it sorry. So for a girl sway you are meant to try but not try? Is that kind of what you mean? Or do your sway tactics but be really relaxed about it and not stress out too much and be mentally prepared for a gender opposite? I do have one girl already but only thing we ever did differently was DH was cycling to and from work and we BD just the once per night. When I conceived our last boy we BD two times in a row, I had big O and DH was behind (I.e. Doggy). Lol! Sorry for TMI. I can't exactly remember what we did when we conceived our first little man. But anyway, ever since we had our first little girl I wanted to try another time for another girl. I can't explain why because I have enjoyed and cherished each of our babies and children and love them all equally. Maybe it's because I was brought up with 3 sisters and want her to experience a sister as well. Anyway, I think DH is warming to the idea. He has most likely read my thoughts on it and is pondering it all himself so I haven't pressed it again. I really just hope he agrees and that it works out because I don't think I will have the strength to try again if I have another miscarriage. I would feel selfish if I went back again after another miscarriage since it's not just me effected, but our whole family, including DH and the kids. I've already decided that if I get pregnant again and it results in another miscarriage I will go and see a counsellor and get closure and peace to help me get over the end of my babymaking days and to help me move on to the next phase of life in our family of watching our beautiful children grow and after school activities, planning holidays, etc. I don't want to endure a few miscarriages before a pregnancy sticks and I don't want to do IVF or donor eggs when we have three beautiful children already and the expense of their future education to plan for. Does this all make sense?
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do but don't try would maybe be more accurate. Try but not try still means a type of trying, but yeah that's close to what I mean. It's more about letting go than 'not stressing', and yes, it definitely involves accepting either gender. The best approach I've seen is to simply live your life - not focus on swaying or TTC any more than necessary, letting the diet/exercise/BD become a habit that you don't consciously think about, it's on the back burner in your mind instead of the forefront. The trick is that you can't 'make' yourself relax. For myself, I had to reach a point of just not caring very much anymore...but without giving up on my sway. I don't feel the same urgency I did when I first got into swaying. Someone like Dreamofpink who has kids and has swayed multiple times is a much better example.

I have seen plenty of very tightly strung women get daughters though! And plenty of very relaxed, laidback women who got boys. Both among those who swayed and those who didn't. I've seen at least one pink swayer who visualised like crazy and got a girl, too.

It's always possible you only need a little nudge to conceive a girl, since you already have one and you don't think there were major differences in your diet and lifestyle when you conceived her. I completely understand your desire for another daughter and I'm sure many if not most women here do too. Having 3 sisters probably is a factor, but it really doesn't matter why you want another girl. The heart wants what the heart wants! It sounds like your DH may come around soon, fx for your rainbow baby. I wouldn't want to go IVF or DE at all in your position, either.
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 24th, 2016 at 06:30 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wish box

Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    I still don't get it sorry. So for a girl sway you are meant to try but not try? Is that kind of what you mean? Or do your sway tactics but be really relaxed about it and not stress out too much and be mentally prepared for a gender opposite? I do have one girl already but only thing we ever did differently was DH was cycling to and from work and we BD just the once per night. When I conceived our last boy we BD two times in a row, I had big O and DH was behind (I.e. Doggy). Lol! Sorry for TMI. I can't exactly remember what we did when we conceived our first little man. But anyway, ever since we had our first little girl I wanted to try another time for another girl. I can't explain why because I have enjoyed and cherished each of our babies and children and love them all equally. Maybe it's because I was brought up with 3 sisters and want her to experience a sister as well. Anyway, I think DH is warming to the idea. He has most likely read my thoughts on it and is pondering it all himself so I haven't pressed it again. I really just hope he agrees and that it works out because I don't think I will have the strength to try again if I have another miscarriage. I would feel selfish if I went back again after another miscarriage since it's not just me effected, but our whole family, including DH and the kids. I've already decided that if I get pregnant again and it results in another miscarriage I will go and see a counsellor and get closure and peace to help me get over the end of my babymaking days and to help me move on to the next phase of life in our family of watching our beautiful children grow and after school activities, planning holidays, etc. I don't want to endure a few miscarriages before a pregnancy sticks and I don't want to do IVF or donor eggs when we have three beautiful children already and the expense of their future education to plan for. Does this all make sense?
    Everything needs to be second nature so you don't even think about it. By thinking, tweaking, visualizing, controlling, focusing, etc all undermine a sway. Swaying pink needs to be a lifestyle you do effortlessly to work. Obviously you have to make time to fit exercise in, right? You do have to make meal plans for the week if you have kids and of course grocery lists. You do have to DTD. But all these things can be done as a part of your way of life that you don't need to focus on to achieve a goal.

I'm speaking from first hand experience here. I had a vision board in my bedroom. I was constantly tweaking things and pestering Atomic and Maiden about this and that for my sway. I was using opks and temping and stressing over my chart and getting frustrated over true positives and when to BD. I'm holding my sweet DS3 as a result. See what we mean? Pink swaying needs to be a lifestyle change not a project that can be done perfectly one set way and not a goal that we achieve by doing this and that that consumes us.

FX and GL to you!

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!
    Last edited by XXforhubby; February 24th, 2016 at 07:33 PM.

9. Likes Dreamofpink, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get it. Thanks sooooo much Maiden and XXforHubby. I totally get it and the funny thing is I have been thinking this for a while now. I even believe now with my last sway that ended in miscarriage that I went way overboard and overkill. I probably didn't need to do as much as I did last time to conceive a girl - and Mother Nature may well have taught me a lesson. I am going to do thingssoooo much differently this time round and I have even accepted the idea that if I do fall pregnant again, it could well be another boy, and that's ok. Our first boy has been full on hard work from the start (still love him to bits tho) but our second boy has been much easier and is sooooo sweet and kind. He tells me he loves me all the time just out of the blue and always asks for "huggles." Regardless of the gender, I would love another healthy baby. I will still be swaying, but very relaxed about it this time. Thanks for making me understand. xx

11. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12