Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ interestingly, DTD from AF-O has seemed to sway pink for some people, possibly because by the time O has rolled around, most guys would be very depleted from the number of releases prior (or something else all together we have only guessed at)

DTD from AF-O is NOT THE SAME as what the blue swayers are doing, which is having DH release every 2-4 days or having unprotected sex every 2-4 days, plus then 3-5 attempts at or around positive OPK/in fertile window.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's very interesting you say that Atomic because I noticed on IG when I was a member there in their stats that they seemed to have more successful pink sways for ladies who had BD all the way thru O. They had a higher number recorded for that than the O+12 they were persuading all the pink swayers to do. I think that is why I chose to do a cutoff back then plus the O+12. Yet I think some of the ladies BD from last day of AF thru to confirmed O (once a day each day) while others had started BD say 5 days before O and then right through til confirmed O. I think I'm a bit worried because when we conceived our last child (boy) there was very limited opportunity to BD at all because we were overseas and sharing a bedroom with our two little children at the time, and so we had the one attempt (obviously in our fertile window as it turned out) but we BD twice in a row. I think multiple attempts (like more than once in a row or day sways boy). But before that we hadn't BD for maybe 4 days. Do you still think I should just go with the one attempt at first pos OPK? I am soooo worried that DH might not be able to go through with his attempt, like even if he has agreed to it. Just over the weekend we BD and I was on second last day of AF so before he did his job he asked if it was safe without a condom and I said yes, but then after he wasn't sure if he'd deposited his goods (only polite way I can think of describing it. Hehe). He was pretty sure he had although he hadn't 'felt' it. So I will be worried he will have performance anxiety and won't be able to do it or something. I guess we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it. I think he is almost in agreeance.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not recommend it as a sway tactic and never will. Here is why.

Let's say you start off with best intentions in the world to DTD every day. Starts off and all is well. Then, husband is tired. Or kids are sick. Or you get a yeast infection. Or one of a billion trillion things that may come up and you have to miss days. He may even be so depleted that he cannot maintain an erection or orgasm. Now, you're ending up with every other day or every couple days which would only sway blue. Additionally, it also cuts odds of conception to do it that way (which is why I recommend SMEP for people to up odds of conception, and NOT DTD every day). Additionally additionally, our statistics CLEARLY show that FR with more than one attempt is 20 percentage points lower in results than one attempt. Even though I can imagine how that could possibly sway pink for a couple, I do not and will never recommend it as a sway tactic because it is too risky and not reliable enough.

Not everything that could conceivably sway pink, is a good idea to use for a sway tactic.

5. Likes essnce629, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i totally got you Atomic. We would never be able to keep up with daily BD anyway. Lol! So I continue with every 4 days with one attempt at pos OPK. If that doesn't work then the second time (hopefully there will be a second time) we will BD every 4 days without condoms plus extra attempt at pos OPK.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I most definitely think that it was the DHEA which helped her sway BOY.

They have scientifically proven that women who take DHEA conceive boys 70% off the time.

I was thinking of taking it to improve egg quality but got turned off when I read that stat.

http://www.fertstert.org/article/S00...888-8/fulltext

RESULTS: From the 162 patients who have been put on DHEA 25 mgs t.i.d. since Febuary 2006 we have 24 patients who have delivered and the sex of the offspring has been verified. We have a total of 31 babies in this group. The number of male children is 19 (61.2%) and females were 12 (38.7%). Sub-group of I.V.F. pregnancies. Total number of women delivered is 13, yielding 18 babies. Of these 18 babies, 10 were male (55.5%) and 8 were female (44.4%). Subgroup of pregnancies from either spontaneous pregnancy or from oral Femara with times intercourse or controlled ovarian stimulation with i.u.i. was 11 deliveries yielding 13 babies, with 9 males (69.2%) and females 4 (30.8%). Average of all patients was 37.98 yrs.

CONCLUSIONS: In keeping with previous reported variance in the ratio of male to female offspring as seen in the animal kingdom, and has been documented in humans in dominant females, it appears that the use of DHEA to improve the ovarian response in older women and any woman with impaired ovarian response seems to sway the odds of a male offspring quite dramatically in humans. This is probably related to the increased intrafollicular testosterone or other androgen levels in patients taking DHEA.

9. Thanks 1moregirl, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nifty, Mrs. Goodies, I hadn't ever seen that one.

BUT i do want to point out that this does NOT prove that women who take DHEA are 70% likely to conceive boys.

When women are trying to get pregnant and improve ovarian function they may have been doing MANY things to improve odds of conception in addition to DHEA and thus it may not be as cut and dry as they're making it. They were very likely doing many, many other things to get pregnant all of which sway blue (and since this is all right in line with our successful blue sway numbers WITHOUT DHEA, it is likely that at least some of those things are helping to produce this result - example, we are getting 80% boys with prenatals, and most people TTC with egg quality issues are taking them.)

Additionally, since higher fertility seems to = more boys conceived anyway, there may be some skewing of the stats where only the gals who were the most fertile in this group were even able to get pregnant. out of 162 patients only 24 had delivered babies, that means that many of the original group had either not conceived or had taken longer than this group did. These are the most fertile couples, all doing many things that could possibly sway blue, because all the things that boost fertility, all tend to sway blue.

In order for DHEA "to be scientifically proven to conceive boys 70% of the time" they would need a blind, side by side study in which all other variables were controlled for and it would have to be in a heck of a lot more than 24 people.

I DO NOT want any woman to take DHEA without having a doctor's input. Hear me well, ladies, taking DHEA when you don't need it is dangerous and may make you infertile (albeit temporarily)

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't take DHEA Atomic and have just been taking prenatal every 2nd or 3rd day. Just the ubiquinol and the extra folic acid. That's it. Could you please take a look at my chart and see what you think Hun? I don't know why my BbT dipped a bit on 3DPO and I was a bit disheartened this morning when my BBT had dropped a bit. I can't do any HPTs today as I have no money til Monday and I will be 12DPO so I should know for sure one way or the other by then. I did wake up this morning with some cramping which I have had on and off for a little while. Would clear blue ovulation test strips work the same as a HPT now or would you think it was still too early today at 9DPo? I didn't think I would be this impatient but the prospect of getting a BFN has really made me aware of how much I really do want to be pregnant again.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that 1more, I was responding to the previous poster. The reason I emphatically state not to take DHEA is for any blue swayers who may stumble onto this thread and read about DHEA and then suddenly decide to take it. A young woman taking a huge dose of DHEA is going to cause herself serious harm and I have to take into account the dozens of people who may read every thread and address everyone all at once.

I have never ever recommended testing at 9 DPO and prefer people wait till 12 DPO anyway. I mentioned in the other thread that as it sits right now, it's not a triphasic "OMG she's pregnant" chart but that doesn't mean you aren't pregnant, they don't all ahve the triphasic pattern.

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re dhea....does that mean if someone has naturally high dhea levels they are blue friendly? My naturopath said it just meant the person was youthful .... eek

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Teen 2001 Toddler 2014
    x as many as The Good L-RD would bless us with
    Currently
    Wanna be a magnet
    Challenges=hypothyroid and age
    Proverbs 13:12

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1922d6

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO, it does not mean that, and I agree high DHEA = youthful.

Young women naturally have higher DHEA. And younger women can and do have both boys and girls.

17. Likes skillet04 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12