Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A friend whose 42 having a boy...here's what she did

Hi ladies. Just a bit of info I thought you might find interesting. A friend of mine who is 42 and pregnant with a boy has given me info on diet, etc that I thought I'd share here. Her diet was meat free, gluten free and consisted of tons of protein and fruits and veggies. She took 100mg of ubiquinol daily, plus DHEA 25 mg daily, Vit b6 daily and a prenatal multivitamin daily. Her husband took the ubiquinol as well and a vitamin (not sure what type) and cut out alcohol and ate same diet as her. With BD, they had sex each day on CD12, 13 and 14 (which was her fertile window but I will find out if she used OPKs) - they BD doggy style and used a little bit of preseed (she noted they only used a tad of preseed as her DH doesn't like it). And that's that. I found it really interesting and though some of you would also even though it's only one couple's recount of what they did. Anyone know what might've helped them get a boy? Maybe going gluten free can lead to more carbs in diet? Plus BD frequency and position? And perhaps using prenatal, Dhea and vitb6? Probably a combo of all these things?
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther, Ladylulu thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also to add, this lovely lady suffered 2 losses at 41 and 42 and was then told her only hope of conceiving was using donor eggs. However, she followed her instincts, did some research, and is now pregnant at 20 weeks after following the above. Just wanted to share her story and spread the hope.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting!

I have 3 boys and followed a strict gluten free diet when they were conceived. I found I ate less carbs as I didn't love the gf options. I have always struggled keeping up my fibre intake because of not eating so many carbs and think lack of fibre may have swayed blue.
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

6. Likes 1moregirl, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apart from her avoiding meat, everything else seems rather boy friendly. Frequency or BD-ing, multi vitamins and B6, loads of protein, cutting out alcohol, preseed, all sways blue.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

8. Likes 1moregirl, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by familymatters View Post
    Apart from her avoiding meat, everything else seems rather boy friendly. Frequency or BD-ing, multi vitamins and B6, loads of protein, cutting out alcohol, preseed, all sways blue.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Yep, I'd agree! Seems pretty much like a typical blue sway. My best friend is a vegetarian and has two boys. Lots of vitamins, lots of BD, no alcohol, robitussin, and daily green tea is how she got her boys. She is now 30 weeks pregnant with a girl after 3 losses in a row.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Yep, I'd agree! Seems pretty much like a typical blue sway. My best friend is a vegetarian and has two boys. Lots of vitamins, lots of BD, no alcohol, robitussin, and daily green tea is how she got her boys. She is now 30 weeks pregnant with a girl after 3 losses in a row.
    That's soooo interesting. So Essnce - what did your best friend do this time to get her girl?

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've also had good results for pink going gluten free so I doubt it's down to that one thing per se. It certainly may have helped if she was sensitive to gluten and she was losing too many nutrients (it gives people loose stool and trouble absorbing nutrition so eliminating gluten could certainly help a blue sway as well)

Virtually everything she did would have swayed blue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    That's soooo interesting. So Essnce - what did your best friend do this time to get her girl?
    Well she did start out swaying with me two years ago, doing LE diet, exercise, etc but gave everything up after 3 miscarriages in a years time, including a 12 week loss and D&C. The biggest girl thing going for her by the time she got her sticky BFP were her last two miscarriages. She had given up LE diet although she was still a vegetarian and she did skip breakfast regularly. She was not drinking tea and had switched to coffee since she first started swaying. She had multiple attempts in her fertile window. She was not taking lots of vitamins and was vitamin D deficient. She wasn't drinking alcohol at all. She saw an RE after her 3rd loss and the RE found lots of adhesions in her uterus and inflammation which she said was from the D&C 12 months prior. She broke up the adhesions manually and put my friend on a strong course of antibiotics. My friend got her sticky pink BFP the next cycle! Her other two losses were both at 5 weeks, with the last one being 8 weeks before her sticky BFP.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Esnce - that is soooo amazing. So your friend had multiple attempts of BD in her fertile window when she conceived her girl? I def had quite a few attempts in my fertile window when we conceived our one girl as well. But I guess they do say timing is the least important sway factor don't they? If you are doing lots of other sway tactics then. What is your friend's age?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Esnce - that is soooo amazing. So your friend had multiple attempts of BD in her fertile window when she conceived her girl? I def had quite a few attempts in my fertile window when we conceived our one girl as well. But I guess they do say timing is the least important sway factor don't they? If you are doing lots of other sway tactics then. What is your friend's age?
    She and I are the same age-- 34. And yes, she and her DH normally BD daily throughout her cycle normally, so yes, she had multiple attempts in her fertile window. At least 3, possibly more.
    Oct 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast