Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1moregirl, I really think it was from the earlier BD. Your O day looks spot on. Low motility wouldn't lower your odds of conceiving further from O day, if anything it would raise them and make the O day batch incapable of conception.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the Ovuplan strips may be too sensitive for you.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dontlikethetruth View Post
    I have noticed that most people who DTD on O day only (with no previous attempts) usually have boys but have seen some who had girls as well.
    I was doing shettles timing with diet and supps and have been tracking my cycles though BBT, CM, and OPKs, for over a year before I made my attempt. The last 4-5 months of charting I used a fertility monitor to help. Its very common for people to conceive on one attempt on O day
    It really isn't though. I don't have the researched stats handy, but O day has the lowest chance of conception of any day in the fertile window, even lower than O-4. O-2 had the highest chances followed by O-1. The reason the odds are so low on O day is because it takes roughly 12 hours for sperm to start to capacitate (become capable of fertilizing). Sex the morning of O day could theoretically lead to a BFP, but it's still uncommon.
    DH (43), DW (40)

5. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I consider myself really lucky - after 11 months TTC and three rounds of Clomid we were able to conceive in the very small window of time before O. DH was out of town about 5 days before O and we didn't DTD within a reasonable window before that either. DH got home around 1pm on Sunday and we DTD right away with preseed and I'd been taking mucinex for 10 days leading up to that. I had a very painful O that woke me up at around 3:30am that night (so roughly 14ish hours before O) and had a temp rise that morning. We DTD that night (just to make me feel better ha). And those were the only two times we had DTD in my fertile time. Thankfully, it did work for us!

And we don't know if it's a boy or a girl.

Team green baby due May 21!
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It takes fully fertile people in their 20's actively trying to conceive, an average of 3-6 months to get pregnant.

PLEASE do not go back over and over your old charts looking for some magic to reveal itself. No one will ever know, no one can ever tell you, and it may be that your chart was deceptive anyway and you don't even know what really happened.

Re sperm count, around O/positive OPK the sperm are much better able to stay alive inside you and one time a day for ONLY three days should not deplete him too much. It takes 7-10 days of daily release for FR to work, not 3 days.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived on O day with this baby. Im 100% sure on what day I Oed with opks and temp. I only DTD on O day and made 0 attempts the days before O.
    There's a big difference between BD at 2:30 am the morning of O Day vs. the next night.

I also got pregnant with roughly this timing - like 1 am the day before (really early on O Day but I hadn't slept yet so it felt like O-1 LOL) but NO ONE can tell what hour of they Oed. So your temps can show O on a particular day, and you may have BD that day, but it can still be many hours before O even occured.

Studies have shown better odds of conception when sperm is already inside VJ waiting for egg to arrive. All people are trying to explain is that odds of pregnancy when you wait and wait around to O FIRST before having sex, are much lower than from sex before O.

11. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Likes TaytumJ, 1moregirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have noticed that most people who DTD on O day only (with no previous attempts) usually have boys but have seen some who had girls as well.
    I was doing shettles timing with diet and supps and have been tracking my cycles though BBT, CM, and OPKs, for over a year before I made my attempt. The last 4-5 months of charting I used a fertility monitor to help. Its very common for people to conceive on one attempt on O day
    I also must disagree. Sorry, I'm trying not to be argumentative but most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more Shettles timing opposites and scientifically, Shettles timing has been 110% debunked by scientists using modern technology like ultrasound and hormone detection (instead of people guesstimating when they ovulated with no confirmation OR BBT alone). O Day is proven to be among the worst days to conceive on (more in line with O-3, O-4, or even worse than that, the later past O you go in the day). O-2 and O-1 are much higher odds.

I can understand that after spending that much time and energy invested in Shettles that you may not agree or want to hear from people who believe otherwise, but, the facts are what they are and we're just reporting on them.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I DTD at 2:30am and im pretty confident that I ovulated shortly after.
    I no longer have my chart but I seriously doubt my temps were wrong when they have always been right before.

I also know several people who DTD on O day and have conceived. Most who do shettles for boy dtd on O day only.
    Yes, most people who do Shettles for blue are aiming for O Day, but the problem inherent in this method is that you have no way to know if they BD before the egg was released or 23 hours after and are still calling that O day. There is a huge difference in terms of odds of conception.

Studies have shown that temping and monitoring CM are not reliable to pinpoint DAY of O. You can get it close, but not to the day, let alone the hour. O pain has been also proven completely unreliable to pinpoint O.

We aren't trying to be big meanies, Shettles just doesn't work, and I feel really bad for people who are relying on it and want to get the word out. No one should ever waste a year of their limited fertile years charting for a Shettles attempt.

14. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We aren't trying to be big meanies, Shettles just doesn't work, and I feel really bad for people who are relying on it and want to get the word out. No one should ever waste a year of their limited fertile years charting for a Shettles attempt.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this! When we first started TTC I read Shettles and it gave me SUCH anxiety trying to time it just right! I would tell DH we couldn't DTD or we had to do it with a condom because it wasn't O day! Granted, I wasn't Oing on my own so that added to the frustration, but had I been, I could see where you just waste so much time obsessing over O day and chances are you still have a 50/50 chance. My BFF did one attempt right before O and just had a little girl.

Again, I'm so thankful ours worked out when it did with timing as I was going mad, but if this is a boy, I firmly believe it's because we were doing other boy friendly tactics, not because of our timing. It's such a crazy journey TTC anyway! Ahhh!
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I concieved my son 36 hr after a +opk so it was the DAY OF O for sure. It was the only BD that month as dh was away on business.

I was trying to do O+12 and had unsuccessful attempts at 48 hr after +opk, 44 hr after +opk, 40 hr after + opk...i just kept moving it up 4 hr every month until i caught the egg....

Got a boy though so O +12 isnt that great imho.
    Last edited by MrsGoodies; March 29th, 2016 at 11:47 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast