Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your replies Atomic and MrsG. So far so good. The next stage was some brown spotting and discharge, then this morning the bleeding started and it hasn't been too bad. Just like a period...I'm not bleeding too badly - it is nearly midday here and I haven't needed to change pad yet and I haven't needed to take any pain relief either. On one hand, this freaks me out and makes me worried I have uterine scarring a bit and that's why I'm not bleeding too much and why this one didn't stick. Or am I just paranoid? Anyway, if only every miscarriage could be this cruisey (touch wood)...I think may just be nuts enough to try again. Should I try again straight after this? Or would that be too soon? Isn't the risk of miscarriage again lower if you ttc again straight after a miscarriage? I dunno...
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that's good I'm glad.

Again, I have witnessed hundreds of women's miscarriages and I have never seen anyone with scarring from a D and C.

IT's early and I think you are fine to try to catch the first egg. Most doctors would allow you to TTC now. A few like to be more conservative but they are often trying to just cover their butts and don't put a premium on women's fertility.

Risk of miscarriage is not lower after a loss, it's very complicated really and I think getting into it all would just give you more and more to worry about.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. It's day 2 today of the bleeding and it's ok. I took a couple of panadol yesterday coz the pain was a bit much but otherwise it's ok. I seem to bleed more into the loo when I go to pee, but not as much in pad. I've been a bit teary and emotional today. I think coz I've had my Mum here staying for a couple of nights and she was trying to tell me just to give up and accept that I'm too old to keep trying for that last baby, to be grateful for the three I already have, what if I got pregnant again and had another 'life-threatening miscarriage' or a second trimester loss due to aged egg. Maybe I should just give up and quit now instead of potentially subjecting myself to loss after loss? I don't know....I do know that I was really desperate for it to be a girl. If I was going to try this again should I pay to get a personalised plan atomic with a diet I can stick to? My diet has been a real let down to be honest...I'm pretty hopeless. How come my pregnancy made it to 8 weeks last year but barely 5 weeks this time? I don't get it...its soooo darned confusing and I keep going over what I've done and what I didn't do, etc. I hadn't been exercising at all, my diet probably has not been a highly fertile inducing one. Any ideas what I should do? Should I just call it quits and admit defeat? Or should I try again and go all out in one last attempt for a girl with a diet I can stick to and the one shot at pos OPK, etc? I don't know and for the life of me, I can't find a decision that I can be at peace with. I do know though that if I try again I have to UP my intake of the ubiquinol and consistently take the Elevit daily for my own peace of mind. I get worried that I could be doing more as there a few ladies on that 40s fbk page I'm on that keep pushing for us ladies in our 40s to get onto progesterone and baby aspirin as soon as we get a BFP (which I don't like the idea of). If only there was some thing in our OPK tests that could tell us if that egg on its way was a good Goldie egg or an old dodgy one...
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the weeks at miscarriage mean much. Like I said before, my best friend who had 2 pregnancies and boys easily went on to have 3 miscarriages in a row after swaying. She was 33 years old with the miscarriages vs in her 20's with her boys. Her miscarriages were at 12, 6, and 5 weeks. She did see an RE and have a hysteroscopy after her 3rd miscarriage and she did have adhesions and inflammation that the RE said was from her 12 week D&C. RE broke up the adhesions manually and put her on a strong course of antibiotics. She got pregnant the cycle after the hysteroscopy with a healthy baby girl who is now 8 weeks old. If it's really stressing you out, just do the hysteroscopy for peace of mine. I'm actually having one done in 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But we ALL have that risk really regardless of age. There are tons of girls on here who in their 20's and 30s had dreadful losses that ended up in the hospital, had to have tubes removed, etc.

Personalized plans do not come with diet. We would have to charge a bazillion dollars for me to make a personalized diet plan for everyone. I work with you in the coaching forums to iron out the diet stuff as much as you need me to.

I am on that FB page and about 97% of them are idiots doling out terrible advice (and a large reason why I quit going on there is that it was such an uphill slog against bad information and I have enough to do just on this site.) Progesterone has never been shown to improve your chances of getting or staying pregnant. Aspirin, in addition to I STRONGLY believe playing a huge part in why your loss was so terrible the last time, has not ever been proven to help anyone without clotting disorders get or sway pregnant, and some data even indicates it may even CAUSE miscarriages for some (in addition to having serious health risks to you personally)

Not I nor anyone else can know why one pregnancy ends at 5 weeks vs. 8. Most likely is just been a different chromosomal abnormality with a different ability to hang on till it wasn't able to any longer.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree about the progesterone NOT helping pregnancy.

Progesterone is produced by the corpus luteum YES, but there is a feedback mechanism between the CL and the embryo after implantation which keeps progesterone levels high!

If an embryo is healthy, it sends signals to the CL to keep pumping out progesterone and levels stay high,

If an embryo is not healthy, the CL doesn't receive the signals and begins to shut down and drop progesterone levels which in turn begins the process of miscarriage. Taking progesterone artificially can prolong miscarriages.

This is why my progesterone levels were great and then started dropping off by 5-6 weeks. I was on 300 mg progesterone per day and my levels got raised but the embryo was not normal (proven by genetic testing) and the mc was delayed until 10 weeks about a week after i stopped the supplements.

9. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - I didn't take aspirin with that 10 week miscarriage pregnancy, but I did take cranberry which you said is a blood thinner. I'll never take it again, that's for sure. And I won't be taking aspirin or progesterone either, unless it was advised as necessary by my doctor, which it hasn't been. I'm staying off that 40s Facebook page for a while now because quite a few of the ladies have had miscarriages lately, even some second trimester ones and I just find it too disturbing to read about.

Essence - can I ask why you are having the hysteroscopy Hun? I would have it, but I am just scared of the GA, as the last two surgeries I've had (gallbladder removal and D & C), I have woken up from the GA finding it difficult to breath (even though I have an air mask on). It scared the hell out of me both times now. My father has since told me that my Grandmother had an allergy to opium-based GA, so that has made me feel even more scared about it. Yet I had a gastroscopy a few years ago (with a 'twilight' anaesthetic - much lighter than a GA) and I woke up fine. And I do admit since my D & C last year my period pains have been minimal, my bleeding a lot lighter, and I see lots of tiny clots on the pads (yuck...tmi sorry).

Anyway, I think I need to take one cycle off after this just to really weigh everything up and work out what I want to do from here. MrsG - maybe I will be more fertile after this miscarriage, but that doesn't guarantee a good egg with it does it? If only it could....

I don't know if I'm being negative here, but I'm just worried that I don't have ANY good eggs left and that if I keep trying I am just setting myself up for repeat losses. But then, maybe the egg that was just fertilised was a good egg, but it couldn't implant due to scarring? I don't know. If only this could all be easier.

I hadn't been on here for a few days as I got struck down with gastro 2 nights again so one whole night of vomiting (with period pains in between). And then last night our birthday boy got struck down with it. Just at the start of our school holidays. Oh well... As far as this loss goes, I am doing really well. I had prayed to God that if I had been going to lose this one too, that it would happen earlier on, so I was relieved with that. I'd decided that whatever happened with the pregnancy, I had to be OK for my other 3 cherubs.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, do you think it might be a good idea for me to suggest a HSG (those scans they do where they inject something into your uterus to get better look) to my Ob/gyn/FS prior to considering a hysteroscopy?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Also, do you think it might be a good idea for me to suggest a HSG (those scans they do where they inject something into your uterus to get better look) to my Ob/gyn/FS prior to considering a hysteroscopy?

No i definitely would not.

1) HSG is to determine if your tubes are open. You just had a pg so we KNOW your tubes are open.

2) HSG injects radioactive dye into you and then they X-ray your pelvis....you dont need any extra radiation at your age

3) it is painful

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1moregirl-- I have a golf ball sized endometrioma/chocolate cyst (blood and tissue filled cyst) on my left ovary that they are going to remove surgically. They put me on high dose progesterone hormone replacement therapy to see if it would shrink it but it did nothing. The pills have allowed me to skip two periods which was also a goal in order to build up my iron stores that I was depleting every month with my periods. My doctor will be looking for endometriosis in other places as well and she's doing the hysteroscopy to look for fibroids inside my uterus because I have super heavy periods each month and a "lumpy uterus."

You do not need to be put under general anesthesia for a hysteroscopy. My best friend was awake for the entire procedure.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast