Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feeling sad.......

So I did a First Reponse on Friday and it looked good, then did another one this morning (both with FMU) and the second line this morning looks fainter than the one on Friday. Is this a sign that the pregnancy is not going to work out? I've only had one blood test so far and the beta was 50 (that was taken just over 3 week Mark). Now I'm scared this is going to turn out to be a chemical pregnancy or a pregnancy that is on its way out. Or is it possible these tests can vary like this? here is a pic of both Friday and today's tests.
    image.jpeg
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tests can vary in amount of dye and sensitivity, even those in the same box. It can also depend on how concentrated your urine was. NOT to scare you but with my chemical pregnancies, my tests did get lighter BUT they got lighter really fast, like as in a week after my BFP the line was almost nonexistent. Blood hcg levels are MUCH more reliable than a HPT. As for your beta result, you can't look at it in isolation and know if it's a "good" number without having a repeat draw to see if levels are rising. For example, with this baby my first beta was only 16 and I was told by the nurse that I'd likely miscarry again but then 72 hours later it increased to 86. I know how incredibly nerve-wracking it is in the early days, but please just take a deep breath and stop taking tests. It only worsens the anxiety overanalyzing the darkness of every line. I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes Dreamsister liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks sooo much for your reply KsMom. Yes I guess we just have to sit tight and hope and pray for the best, be also be prepared for the worst at the same time. Plus if I am going to miscarry again I would much rather it be sooner than later on at the 10 week Mark like last time. How did you manage to make it through your first trimester without too much anxiety? I do have a slip of paper for blood test to get tomorrow so will see what that beta level is I guess. Will try not to worry in the meantime. What will be will be anyway, regardless of how much worrying we do... Thanks again for sharing your experience. xx
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok well i tried to post a pic of my hpt but i dont think it worked.

My lines were fading in & out all the way thru 12-16 dpo even though my betas were doubling. It drove me crazy ....and my dr crazy bc i was going in every 48-72 hrs until 6 weeks.

He said everything was great blah blah but he finally gave me an ultrasound when my levels hit 10,000...

All it did was cause me stress.

If did it again i would just chill out until 6 weeks and pretend my period was just late and go about my business instead of obsessing all the time bc in the end NONE of it helped or changed the outcome.

6. Likes Dreamsister, 1moregirl liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had 3 miscarriages and in each one of them my line got progressively lighter. I was peeing obsessively on sticks. I think the darkness does matter, although yes, it can vary with the time of day/concentration. Fingers crossed for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Thanks sooo much for your reply KsMom. Yes I guess we just have to sit tight and hope and pray for the best, be also be prepared for the worst at the same time. Plus if I am going to miscarry again I would much rather it be sooner than later on at the 10 week Mark like last time. How did you manage to make it through your first trimester without too much anxiety? I do have a slip of paper for blood test to get tomorrow so will see what that beta level is I guess. Will try not to worry in the meantime. What will be will be anyway, regardless of how much worrying we do... Thanks again for sharing your experience. xx
    I just took it one day at a time. Every day I would tell myself TODAY I am pregnant and that is what matters. Also, having an ultrasound at 6 weeks really helped ease my mind a bit because there was a strong heartbeat and baby measured spot on. My anxiety is getting better now that I'll be in the 2nd trimester tomorrow. Remember, today you are pregnant so celebrate it!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

9. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many dpo was the 50?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does matter but it doesn't. At some point your urine is so concentrated with HCG that the line will actually be lighter. This time around I only got a positive on a digital then gave in at 6 weeks because I was worried that I wasn't haven't any symptoms and the FRER line were very very light but went yesterday and bub is there with a strong hb of 171.
    DSS #1 (2006)
    DS #2 (2007)
    DS #3 (2009)
    (April 2012 @7weeks)
    (July 2015 @7weeks)
    (Jan 2016 @9weeks, identical twins)

Ttcing in 2016. Praying for a little to complete this household of boys!! But another boy would be loved!

My FF Ovulation Chart

12. Likes 1moregirl, essnce629 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    How many dpo was the 50?
    Hi there nuthinbutpink. My blood was taken on the 14th June when I got the 50 beta level, and that was 12DPO. I've just had more blood taken this morning (all the standard preg blood tests they do) for a beta level and other things. Fingers crossed that today's beta is a good one. I'm 18DPO today so it will have a 6 day difference from the last blood draw. I don't have nausea yet but light-headed, some mild period cramping off and on (none today so far), tummy bloating, sore breasts, and hungrier than usual. For me, the nausea usually kicks in at week 6 which is still another 2 weeks away yet. all early days so just trying to take one day at a time and not stress about it. Nothing I can do either way anyways.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by signingmommyfor3 View Post
    It does matter but it doesn't. At some point your urine is so concentrated with HCG that the line will actually be lighter. This time around I only got a positive on a digital then gave in at 6 weeks because I was worried that I wasn't haven't any symptoms and the FRER line were very very light but went yesterday and bub is there with a strong hb of 171.
    Congratulations Signing!!! That's great news! So are you 6 weeks or further than that? That is a nice strong heartbeat. When I had my 6 week scan last year (prior to miscarrying) they said there was a heartbeat but they didn't give me a measurement of it. Maybe it wasn't that great? I got a nice strong positive on a FR digital at 10DPO - no lines one that one tho, it just said 'YES+'. I shouldn't have bothered with doing these line ones as they've just caused me a bit of anxiety. Anyway, thanks for posting and good luck for you with this pregnancy Hun. Hope it's a healthy sticky Bub you've got in there.

15. Thanks subban thanked for this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast