Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

5 days in a row of pos OPK....how do I do SMEP?

So, as my title says, I have just had 5 days in a row of positive OPKs (and definite positives as the second test line has been MUCH darker than the control line). I haven't tested today as only have one test left so will leave it til this afternoon some time. It's been ridiculous. And I have been confused about how on earth to do SMEP BD timing with this. Basically, we started BD on my third day of positive OPK and have done BD once a day for 3 days in a row. What do you think? Atomic...is this ok for SMEP? I probably should be doing BBT as well as this would give more indication as to when O has or will occur. Considering I had 2 days of that bad anxiety before my first pos OPK, maybe I had an extreme surge of LH which has resulted in this anxiety and the 5 days of pos OPKs....body is having trouble releasing the egg? I don't know. Should I skip BD tonight and do one last one tomorrow night? Or should we BD again tonight? Thanks.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my chart so far....

image.jpeg
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1moregirl many many moons ago (as in mid last year) I had 4 days in a row of pos opks using the expensive frer dip ones hoping for more accuracy. It was then that I moved onto the cb dual hormone digi's and never looked backed. The digi's were so accurate for me and so much easier using fmu. I occasionally used the dip tests again just for comparison but it wasn't needed, the digi's were very accurate. I know with your first pos opk you used fmu so that's debatable about being a true pos, but did you use afternoon urine for the following four days?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

4. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Pbn3. I think I will go back to using clear blue digital as well. They always were easy to use with fmu and I only ever got just 2 days of positives. Yes the other times I used the Ovuplan OPKs were late morning early afternoon, but def not fmu. I did one last night and FINALLY that second line was just as dark as first line, so def fading. Does that mean I ovulated yesterday do you think? That's the only thing....it's hard to know when O has happened since I haven't been BBTing. I think I will buy another thermometer and do BBT for first part of cycle up until three/four days past O, so I can see when O happens but so that I don't start analysing patterns and looking for BFP signs in that luteal phase. What do you think Pbn3? This last week I had also mentioned to my DH how I would love to move up north to Queensland or upper Coastal NSW and low and behold....next thing I know he has been checking out jobs for himself up there and found a perfect one in IT, but would involve a 3 month probationary period where he would have to live up there (without us) for 3 months to see how it went. This sent me into panic mode as I didn't expect him to want to do it straight away. I always need a bit of time to digest something like this before it actually happens. Plus, since our two biggest kids (8 and 6) have joined school, I have made some really great friends, as they have too, and moving up there we would know absolutely no one. No relatives, no friends. Scary! Living here at least we have one set of parents (mine) just a 2 hour drive away (dh's are overseas) so if we moved up there we would be seeing less of my parents and our kids would have neither set of grandparents closeby. I do have one sister who lives up that way with her DH and little toddler girl, but two sisters who live down here. Oh man....what to do.....I just loathe our Harsh Victorian winters and think the lifestyle of sunshine and beaches up north would be wonderful for our family. Sorry for rambling....sometimes we have things on our mind that effect us and it's difficult to talk to our DH about it. It would be easy for him to pack up and move because he has already done it and his family are overseas. For me, it means packing up and moving away from my family and some great friends. Or should I be biting the bullet and just doing it? I would rather get all of us in the car and just drive up there and look around first to actually see all the places and then choose somewhere specific to buy a house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that's a great idea about temping until you see crosshairs then stopping. You get the best of both worlds - confirmation you've oed without the stress of analysing temps in the latter part of lp.

As for moving well I'm abit biased as I've lived in Queensland almost all my life and don't think I would ever live elsewhere. I too cant stand winter and ours would be considered short and mild, so going somewhere where it gets even colder and for longer would be out of the question lol. I don't have any family close by (on my side) but see my mum 4-6 times a year and talk almost daily in the phone. She's in brisbane and I would love to live closer one day.... It wouldn't hurt to try a move if you're commited to the idea? What do your kids think?

7. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was temping I just did it until the cross hairs so it wasn't as stressful. Last few cycles I stopped temping all together as it disrupts my sleep too much but I tend to know once I have ovulated as I get very clear symptoms.

Moving to qld or north nsw would be lovely. I'm in SA so it's pretty cold too, although not as bad as VIC. I don't think we would move though as DS1 is pretty settled at school and also all our family are here within 20-30mins drive.

DH actually got offered the option to relocate to north QLD or redundancy when I was 38weeks pregnant with DS2. It was really bad timing as I wasn't willing to relocate with a newborn! Although I'm not sure I could cope with the humidity in summer.

Ps. Nice to see you Pbn.. hope things are going well for you

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

9. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes Pbn3, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Purple I'm going so so but working on improving that...

So happy everything is going well with you, I still pop in for a read of some threads here and there

11. Likes 1moregirl, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    When I was temping I just did it until the cross hairs so it wasn't as stressful. Last few cycles I stopped temping all together as it disrupts my sleep too much but I tend to know once I have ovulated as I get very clear symptoms.

Moving to qld or north nsw would be lovely. I'm in SA so it's pretty cold too, although not as bad as VIC. I don't think we would move though as DS1 is pretty settled at school and also all our family are here within 20-30mins drive.

DH actually got offered the option to relocate to north QLD or redundancy when I was 38weeks pregnant with DS2. It was really bad timing as I wasn't willing to relocate with a newborn! Although I'm not sure I could cope with the humidity in summer.

Ps. Nice to see you Pbn.. hope things are going well for you
    Wow Purple! Nice to hear from you and I see in your ticker thingy that you are just over the 14 week Mark. Congratulations! That's wonderful news! How are you feeling with the pregnancy? Did you have any morning sickness this time? Hope the remainder of your pregnancy is smooth-sailing Hun. xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm feeling well... morning sickness wasn't too bad really, it did make me worry that things weren't going well but it was probably similar to with DS1.
    Up until my 12wk scan I was convinced I would lose this one so it was a surprise to see a healthy bub at the scan. I'm only just getting used to the idea that I'm pregnant now although it still doesn't feel real.

I hope you get a sticky bfp soon!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

14. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbn3 View Post
    I think that's a great idea about temping until you see crosshairs then stopping. You get the best of both worlds - confirmation you've oed without the stress of analysing temps in the latter part of lp.

As for moving well I'm abit biased as I've lived in Queensland almost all my life and don't think I would ever live elsewhere. I too cant stand winter and ours would be considered short and mild, so going somewhere where it gets even colder and for longer would be out of the question lol. I don't have any family close by (on my side) but see my mum 4-6 times a year and talk almost daily in the phone. She's in brisbane and I would love to live closer one day.... It wouldn't hurt to try a move if you're commited to the idea? What do your kids think?

Hi again Pbn3. Yes will def do the BBT thing again. I think FF gives you your O crossroads after 3 days in a row of elevated BBTs, so will BBT til then, then stop. I'm not sure where O happened this time but I have had some EWCM today at possible 3DPO so will see how we go. I must admit though, the thought of being pregnant again really does make me nervous (especially with those weird things going on lately with 2 eggs in a nest in the backyard and cracking open 2 double-yolked eggs in one week). Just adds to my anxiety really. Lol! This morning I had a dentist app and I was so anxious I couldn't eat anything til afterwards. It's ridiculous. I'm sure it's all down to my hormones as I am not depressed or anything. I have no idea how on earth I would make it through a first trimester again if I was pregnant without anxiety and panic attacks. Sometimes I think I am being selfish and unreasonable to try for another baby at my age. Like I should just accept what I've got (of course I know how lucky I am already) and get on with things.

Anyway, I do love the idea of living up north and I know we would all love it. It is just seeing less of family and my parents I guess that concerns me. My parents are 70 and we are already one set of grandparents absent, as DHS are overseas. I don't know. And I don't know if I could live in Brisbane or in the Gold Coast, where DH would get the work, but I'd prefer a coastal town, but then he would have to travel to work. Anyway, we really have to go up there for a holiday first. Rent a car and drive around and look at places. That would be the best way to go don't you think? Pbn - what nice places are there around Brisbane to live Hun? And the Gold Coast? Or the nicest suburbs? Thanks again. Xx

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast