Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Given that only 10 cases have ever been reported of that syndrome, it was still a stupid question to ask!
    Yeah, it was! LOL! Still...who knew! I think I ran across this after I saw that discovery health episode about being your own twin. Apparently these women has 2 sets of DNA in their body. I highly suggest this episode if you are twin-cessed like I am. I was completely dumbfounded. So I started researching the occurance and ran into this along the way. Very interesting, indeed!
    Mommy to 5 beautiful children and 3 angels in heaven

(13 years old)
    (11 years old)
    (8 years old)
    (6 years old)
    (22 months)

Expecting AGAIN!! Due May 2016. Will it be or ??

3/11 at 7 weeks
    6/11 at 7 weeks
    11/8/11 @ 18 weeks of pregnancy. Our angel

Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They're so cute!!! Interesting articles.
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow so amazing, and what gorgeous kids! I know other twin Mums with a boy and a girl who get asked if they are identical. People just do not think it through I guess and are trying to make conversation. Plus the double cuteness must stun them a bit But by medial professionals! Oh no.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and with the semi identical twins, I doubt that is what they are meaning because most people never hear of the term unless having twins themselves and some not even then

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We had a woman up the street from us growing up who had a set of boy-boy twins, one of whom was Hispanic and one of whom was white. They were apparently from two different fathers (my mom told me years later) and one of the fathers was very Spanish and one was white (mom was super white, lol). They didn't even look like brothers, much less twins. It was like scandalous in our very unvaried, middle-class, area. Lol.

I can't even understand that doc asking if they were identical. Besides the fact that they were boy-girl...they had completely different eye, skin, and hair color as well as completely different features. You can TELL they aren't identical. I am all about the cool science of twins (mine was lost in utero), but if ten signs point to fraternal and none to identical, it's a pretty fair assumption they aren't the 1-in-1 million case of identicals of different genders and totally different looks!!
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, possible to have identical twins that are of different sex but it's very rare indeed!

I was watching a documentary on it on Discovery, I think. It was very interesting and I'll try to find it. Can't remember the intricacies of it all but had to do with a missing chromosome or something.

It also showed a mother who was expecting multiples but it turned out that they weren't all from the same father.

and expecting

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Turners syndrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12