Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone have only 1 heartbeat at 1st scan for the 2nd to be ok and be there at a later scan ?

Title says it all really im trying to hold on to any bit of hope that i can.

I had an early scan today - am by my dates 7+2 and nothing was said today to change this but she said she saw 2 sacs but only 1 heartbeat. She has asked me to go back in 2 weeks as it *may* and she stressed the word may just be too early to see the other - I on the other hand the way she was speaking think it wasnt too early and that infact baby 2 is not going to be viable when i go back.

Just wondered if anyone had anything similar - I could understand at maybe 6 weeks but i thought at 7 weeks the heartbeat should definately be seen ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was it just a sac? Was there anything in it?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I havent had that happen but wanted to send you hugs...
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes hun 2 sacs and a fetus in each though she didnt give me any dates or anything no sizes etc she just said there was 1 heart beat but not on the other and she did have a good old look hence not being too hopefull.
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if there was something in the sac perhaps you ovulated a little later. I would have expected to see a HB but with twins, I'm not sure.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks hun i dont think i ovulated later as i charted and used fertility friend that marked it all out for me though if i go by ovulation day on the due date calculator it puts me 3 days behind so i would be 6+5 but surely thats still not too early to see a heartbeat and also does anyone have any idea why one sac would be much larger ?
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the baby with the HB was measuring close to normal for dates, I'd assume that one is healthy. Twins can be all over the place in the beginning. Average is good. Average size, average heart rate, etc. It's the extremes that you cannot be certain of. Only another u/s will tell if they are progressing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know of someone on another forum his happened to. I think they actually dismissed the 2nd sac but by the next scan both babies were just fine.
    Also - I had an early scan at 6+2 as i was spotting;..the hospital called it a foetal pole. There was no HB either. Went back a week later and everything was fine.
    Me: 36 in 2013
    DH: 39
    ttc #2

DS: 7

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had something similar with DS2...but I don't think it will be the hopeful story you want to hear We did not have two sacs, which obviously makes it a bit different. But at 6+5 we saw one healthy baby with a healthy heartbeat and one baby who was measuring about the same, but had a harder-to-pinpoint heartbeat. They just couldn't get a good read on the baby and warned me that it might mean it wasn't as strong or developed...or was already in the stages if miscarrying. Since they were on totally different parts of the sac, they thought it might be the placement or that that area was more recessed in my body. But they did tell me it wasn't necessarily hopeful. And by our next scan two weeks later there was nothing but an excess of build-up where the second baby had been. But I have heard other stories that end happier. Often early scans can pick up twins when one has not developed or is not equal to its sibling. It's a hazard of seeing baby that early. But maybe yours will be that story where others can draw hope, where the second baby is just a bit slower and totally fine for your next scan!
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My babies measure 1-2 days apart at each scan. If you are charting and you released 2 eggs they can release up to 48 hours apart, then if the second was slower to implant it could easily be 5 days behind. Go by your O date and that puts the second baby just on the HB cusp. Without measurements it's hard to tell but I wouldn't lose all hope yet. Good luck

??? ??? What are my twins?

Predicted at 13wk6day scan

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast