Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My placenta was/is on the left side and I'm having a boy so I'll say I don't have a lot of faith in it lol
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the theory gets confusing when you add in the fact that the u/s pic is a mirror image! I have u/s pics for both babies at 6 weeks and I still have trouble figuring out which side their on. And apparently the placenta (even at this early stage) can be located differently from where the embryo is??? Confusing.
    2 year old Boy
    Swaying and Praying for a EDD August 24th!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, confusing. I was told what side mine was on so I got lucky and didn't have to guess
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read about the Ramzi theory, 6-7 weeks is when the ultrasound needs to be done and it also matters which type of u/s you had. If you had a vaginal u/s, the pic is true to the theory - if baby is on left, it means girl, if its on the right, it means boy. If you had an abdominal u/s, you need to flip the picture. If baby is on right of pic it's actually on left of uterus and vice versa for boy. Am I correct about that?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I´m confused about this tooblue, I have read that the scan picture is always a mirror image, whether the scan was done transvaginal or not.
    I would love it if what you are saying is true though
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Indira View Post
    I´m confused about this tooblue, I have read that the scan picture is always a mirror image, whether the scan was done transvaginal or not.
    I would love it if what you are saying is true though
    Yeah, that would make sense. I didn't understand how the transvaginal one would not need to be flipped. I'm so confused, because if the transvaginal one DOES need to be flipped as well, it means my sister's was wrong! In her pic, the baby was on the left and it was a girl. I guess I still need to read more about it.
    DS1 DS2 and ?? due August 2012!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I understand from lots of research into it and checking with the tech yesterday at my own scan, you really need to ask your tech to orientate the image saying which is left and right during a transvag because it depends on the tech and their equipment as to whether it needs to be flipped. During my transvag, the tech was definate that what was on the left of the screen and pics that she printed out was the opposite to real life so basically the left=my right.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have read the whole study of Ramzi when pregnant with my dd. The study seems very reliable as he has monitored thousands of women!!! I agree with others though in saying the tricky thing is to actually determine CORRECTLY what side the placenta is on! Ramzi did so by using doppler u/s (he actaully ensured where the blood flow came from!). I dont think the "usual" dating scan cares about the side of the placenta to that extend.

My placenta was indeed attached to the left with my dd! But this I know from my OB, I asked him specifically during the scan. I would not recommend relying on stillshots at all! We just cannot tell for sure if what we see is located where we think! I just know this trap too well, guessing from still shots is really "only for fun"

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooblue View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read about the Ramzi theory, 6-7 weeks is when the ultrasound needs to be done and it also matters which type of u/s you had. If you had a vaginal u/s, the pic is true to the theory - if baby is on left, it means girl, if its on the right, it means boy. If you had an abdominal u/s, you need to flip the picture. If baby is on right of pic it's actually on left of uterus and vice versa for boy. Am I correct about that?
    I had a transvaginal ultrasound with DS at 6+3, the baby was on the far left of the screen... and he is definitely a boy!

you're right that abdominal is meant to be the reverse (the waves are reflected up)

HOWEVER, both ultrasound devices can be manually "flipped" by the sonographer to flip right to left or vice versa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12