Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though this is an old thread, I wanted to comment on the idea that anatomy can affect placenta placement. My midwife told me that some women, especially those with retro flexed uteruses, are more likely to have anterior placentas. Sometimes it is just luck of he draw (like if one of three is anterior), but some women are more likely to have them anterior because of their anatomy.

And I happen to be one of them. I am 3 for 3 in the anterior placenta boat. Two boys and one girl all with anterior placentas. All located slightly differently (one top, one central, one off to left side), but all front-lying. Luckily, my babies aren't posterior births. Ds1 was side-facing at birth, ds2 was normal presentation, and we shall see what dd turns out to be.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    anterior this time - girl
    posterior ds5
    Loves of our lives:

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    Even though this is an old thread, I wanted to comment on the idea that anatomy can affect placenta placement. My midwife told me that some women, especially those with retro flexed uteruses, are more likely to have anterior placentas. Sometimes it is just luck of he draw (like if one of three is anterior), but some women are more likely to have them anterior because of their anatomy.

And I happen to be one of them. I am 3 for 3 in the anterior placenta boat. Two boys and one girl all with anterior placentas. All located slightly differently (one top, one central, one off to left side), but all front-lying. Luckily, my babies aren't posterior births. Ds1 was side-facing at birth, ds2 was normal presentation, and we shall see what dd turns out to be.
    Yes, i was also just going to mention that it can very much be an anatomical thing with the mother. I personally have only ever had anterior placentas (both boys btw). However, I do have a tilted uterus, which also happens to tilt back and to the left. I really think that has contributed to the reason why *I* had anterior placentas. I'll be interested to see where this one is located.

I was not as lucky as hotdogz though. My first was a hell of a long labor with back labor hell. But rest assured, it can still be done vaginally! My second also had an anterior placenta, however, he came out in the proper direction. Thank GOD!!!! No back labor and labor was 1 hour 15 minutes! I did have shoulder dyscotia with him, despite another natural water birth, but im wondering if i also have a hip placement issue. Would explain the face up position with DS1, both anterior placentas, as well as DS2 having shoulder dyscotia.
    (2009) (2010) (2012~Failed IG Sway)
    Expecting Thanks to God & GD!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123