Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to hear this. I too had a blighted ovum, between my DS1 and twins. It was so unexpected as my body still thought I was pregnant and I was relatively young and had an easy first pregnancy. Went in for scan at 8 weeks due to spotting and showed a 6 week sac. Went for scan two weeks later at 10 weeks and nothing had changed. I wanted to wait to miscarry naturally and it didn't happen until just after 12 weeks. I knew it would be the day because I started bleeding heavily. But each time I went to the loo I noticed big clots almost as big as walnuts coming out and the bleeding got heavier until the point that when I stood up it was like a tap had been turned on and my thick winter track pants were soaked through and a pad did nothing as I soaked through one in a minute. My MW said to get to hospital ASAP so we called an ambulance so DP could take DS1 to my parents house. I was so pale when I got to the hospital (and I have olive tan skin) that and had almost lost enough blood to do a tranfusion. It turns out that part of the placenta had gotten stuck in the neck of my womb and once the Ob pulled it out the bleeding slowed down. I stayed in hospital for a couple of days where the bleeding slowed right down. It took a good few weeks to fully recover physically and I couldn't stand up for long in the first week after as I felt dizzy.
    It was a nightmare experience and I think next time I would go for the D and C.

After that I just wanted to get pregnant again ASAP because I felt it would be the only thing to stop the pain I felt and I was right. I dropped my swaying because I just wanted to get pregnant and 4 months later I got pregnant with the twins. (Sometimes I regret not swaying but I wanted three and did not factor in ID twins) When we saw them at the 12 week scan DP said the other one is back and he brought a friend <3 I don't think of the MC much or feel sad about that baby because I never felt like I lost a baby since it was so early but we are all different. I think I would have felt differently if I had not have gotten pregnant again so soon or before the lost babies due date. Plus I would not have my twins now if I had had that baby. Bitter sweet. It does get easier. So many Women told me their MC stories after it happened and it helped to know that I was not alone and it is actually quite common. hugs to you xo
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There was no hb at my appt. Now I need to decide to let it naturally rid itself, take the pill or dnc. Any thought would be appreciated.
    Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I, personally, just let nature take its course...it took a little longer, but I didnt want any medical intervention unless necessary. TRULY it is what YOU feel comfortable with. The pill will speed things along...my mc took over 2 weeks to complete (bleeding and all) and it was just a natural one. The pain , for me was tolerable, so I just let it take it's course. I am so sorry to hear this and hugs, love and prayers to you
    18132: @ 8wks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no tarasue, I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking. Mine was natural but you have to do whatever it is that will let you sleep at night. Mine was over quick, but sometimes it takes weeks. HUGS to you.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tarasue I am just so so sorry to read this and really feel for you. I think I would go with what your gut tells you will be best for your healing. I wish you lots of peace and comfort in the coming weeks.
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tarasue - I'm so so sorry you are going through this. Personally my loss was natural but in your shoes I would take the pill because I would hate to wait around and worry about when it was going to start. Do what feels right to you - there are no easy answers. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take the pill; I've had a mc that resolved naturally, I've taken the pill, and I've had dncs. I prefer the pill as it is the swiftest most natural feeling way IME. But if you have a lot of unpleasant pregnancy symptoms, a dnc will get rid of them instantly (or it does for me at least). If you do go the dnc route I highly recommend you get general anesthesia as the dnc I had conscious was extremely traumatic.

Peace & healing whatever you choose. I'm so sorry.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miscarriage experiences

Thanks girls. Definitely not what I wanted to be doing now or ever. I am thankful that I have closure now though, the week of waiting if there was a baby or not was awful.

I decided to take the pill. Took them last night, it's been 12 hours. bleeding has started, not much in the way of cramps or pain yet. I actually have a lot of energy and really level headed, which I have depression issues and anxiety issues especially when I feel like I have no control over a situation, so that's good. I do have a dnc scheduled for tomorrow afternoon in case the pills don't work. I wanted to do things naturally, but being it's the holiday season and our schedule is so full with celebrating and being joyful I wanted this behind me. Besides, my three year old, Scott, keeps asking me if I'm happy, I tell him I'm trying and he comes back with please momma, just be happy! This will probably be the first Christmas he remembers and I don't want me being a basket case what sticks out in this memories. Scott has been praying for momma and the baby every night. He has it decided the baby is a boy and his name is George! So George it is! When my mom came over yesterday Scott told her that mommy has a baby in her tummy and doesn't feel very good.....

Sorry, so long. It does help to share and the hard part hasn't even begun.

Girls that have gone the pill route, how long before things really kick in? I just want it over with!

We will ttc again, I don't know how hard we will sway, maybe just the cardio and keeping my calories under 1800 or so. I don't want to be in this situation again so even though I don't want to, we will wait until I complete one full cycle before ttc. I've had planned for two years that I would sway for a girl winter 2014, and have my third child before I was 37.... God just slapped me in the face and let me know who really is in control! I am not mad at God at all, he knows what's best for me and has his own plans. I am thankful that he has given me the strength and the support of my family to get through this. I am blessed beyond words as it is. I have two beautiful, healthy little boys that I love more than life itself. And I believe I am meant to have another child, just wasn't supposed to be this one. The parable of the three trees,
    if anyone knows it, it's great. If you don't know it, it's a good read that puts life into perspective.

Again sorry so long.
    Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry tarasue. I hope things pass along quickly. You sound like you are really coping well and I am sure the joy of children and Christmas will help you even more. Take care and I wish you well.
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What pill exactly? Cytotec? Did you get an injection as well or no?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast