Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Baby lost at 9 weeks

I have been quiet around here after finding out at our 7 week scan that the baby was measuring only about 5 and a half weeks. I was being monitored by my GP and my hcg was still rising slowly but in the acceptable range so I had another scan last week. The baby had only grown about 1 day in size in 10 days, the Dr did manage to find a very weak heartbeat but we knew the baby wouldn't make it. The tiny amount of hope that the first scan was wrong was gone at that point.

Wednesday night, the day after the 2nd scan I started to bleed lightly. I was actually relieved it was happening and I was going to take care of it on my own. I went to work Thurs and Friday because I felt ok with no cramps. I had a feeling my body would wait until Saturday as I would be relaxed not worrying about work. I was right and Saturday arvo I started cramping.

Once it started there was a lot of bleeding and clots. I wasn't in too much pain but was getting concerned about the amount of blood but then I had also read that it would be a lot. At about 9pm I had been lying in bed watching a show and felt another gush so got up to the bathroom. When sitting on the toilet I felt dizzy and thought it was time to call my parents and go to the hospital. I then fainted and DH found me on the floor and I had hit my head (lucky we think it was on the plastic kids stool, not the tiles). At that point we decided to call for an ambulance.

Once at the hospital I was just waiting in a cubicle in the ED just being monitored. I started feeling dizzy again and then fainted again while talking to DH, he called them and I suddenly had lots of attention and was wheeled off to the resus room. The gyno came and tried to do a d&c but it was too uncomfortable and then the scan showed it was too far back so I was told I had to wait for the theatre to be come available (Saturday night is pretty busy!). They gave me a unit of blood and then later in the night when my blood pressure had dropped more they gave me another unit.

I was originally told I would go in to get the d&c at 2am but I was fairly stable and more high priory cases came up so it ended up being done around 9am. It was pretty hard to sleep with all that happening and the noise of the hospital so I was very exhausted! Once I was up in the ward it was just a mater of waiting to get discharged... that didn't happen until around 6pm because they don't have many Drs around on Sunday.

So at the moment we are both feeling a little scared about the idea of trying again. I had a natural hospital birth with DS1 and a nice relaxed home birth with DS2 so this was my first real experience with things going wrong with pregnancy (I had a previous m/c but had a d&c without waiting for the m/c to happen naturally). I know that if I was to have another m/c I wouldn't leave it so long to go to the hospital. Part of the problem was I hadn't told any family and didn't want to call them to look after our boys but we ended up having to call them anyway.

In those two weeks waiting for the m/c I had thought we would try again first month as that had great girl sway stats but now I have no idea what we want to do. I assume my GP will say to wait at least a cycle. I guess we will just take some time to think about it.

Thanks for reading if you managed to get though all of it. I think I just needed to get it out.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg purple! What a sad & scary experience!! Hugs & prayers to you and your family!!

3. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to hear what a tough time you had Purple. I hope you recover quickly and in time your head (and heart) will make the right decision about trying/timing xox

Unsuccessful HT attempt March 2015

Sway baby August 2015 @ 8 weeks **testing revealed it was a (Trisomy 16)

Chemical pregnancy start of Nov 2015

Hoping for a soon - like REALLY soon!!!

7. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a terrible experience! I am so sorry for your loss. They do like you to wait a cycle after a d&c. Even a cycle later though it will still sway girl in my opinion. I wish you the best in whatever you decide. I know it is scary to move forward...i had all but changed my mind about trying again when i got pregnant after all. It was meant to be and i am betting fate will help you along too my dear.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

9. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs, I am so sorry for everything you have been through. I can't imagine! Give your heart, mind and body a chance to heal. You'll know when it's the right time for you. (((HUGS)))
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

11. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this. How scary. Please take all the time you need to heal your body and heart. Eventually you'll know what the next step should be. (((HUGS))) to you.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

13. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How scary! I am sorry for your loss and I hope for a successful try when you are ready in the future. Take care of yourself with lots of rest!
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

15. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss. Xxx
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

17. Thanks purple thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, purple! My heart goes out to you, I'm so truly sorry. Take things a day at a time. I'm sure you'll get back to things when you're both ready xx

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

19. Thanks purple thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast