Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post D&C, pre-PP AF cramps question

I had a D&C May 7th after learning our baby had no HB @ just shy of 8 weeks. I am awaiting AF (first since D&C) due in 5-6 days. Yesterday I had some cramps that were extremely strong but just felt like AF cramps on steroids. Tonight though I am having sharp shooting pains. They come in waves, one wave being shooting pains over and over for a couple mins and the second wave it relief for a couple mins and it lasts for about 30 mins before stopping for awhile. Is this normal? I have heard your first AF after D&C can be miserable but, like I said, I have at least another 5 days before it shows.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss. I went through two recently myself.

After a d&c your cycle can arrive early or late. Also...the pains are normal. My first period after mine was very painful and very very very heavy. Actually the 4 periods after were as well. Everyone is different of course but a d&c is unnatural and i think it is expected to experience some extra pain and other chnages for a bit before your body regulates again.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to hear about your loss xx

My first period after a miscarriage was really painful - and felt as though my body was prepping for it for ages.
    Try not to worry about what day it comes on (unless it is super late) as it is very likely it wont come on the expected day. My was day 23 after miscarriage and then day 31 (I was usually every 28 days). Hope this helps xx

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. Af is definitely gonna be late by my norm but I chart so I have a pretty good handle on when to expect it. Sounds like the next couple weeks are going to be fun. .. thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Our family is complete

6. Thanks ImmiNAddi thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two - can you help me out at all... I have no idea when to expect my next period after having had my D & C last Tues. My Dr just said it should come within the next 6weeks - which was not very helpful! Lol. I am wanting to try and catch the first egg of I can. I would start charting but I'm not sure how to start up again in FF? Thanks for any wisdom you might be able to share xx

**Update - my FS rang this afternoon with my blood results from this morning. She said my hcg is down from 16000 to 400 and my progesterone is 1. She told me to expect a bleed in about 3 days time? I hadn't been told this by my OB/GYN who did the surgery... thank god she told me to expect it or I would of been so worried when it started!
    She said we will test all of my numbers again in a week and also test my E2 to watch it rise and catch the first egg, so at least now I can breathe a little easier trying to work out when to 'dtd' - now to get the husband on board - willingly or not...
    Last edited by ImmiNAddi; August 18th, 2015 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Update

Unsuccessful HT attempt March 2015

Sway baby August 2015 @ 8 weeks **testing revealed it was a (Trisomy 16)

Chemical pregnancy start of Nov 2015

Hoping for a soon - like REALLY soon!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmiNAddi View Post
    Two - can you help me out at all... I have no idea when to expect my next period after having had my D & C last Tues. My Dr just said it should come within the next 6weeks - which was not very helpful! Lol. I am wanting to try and catch the first egg of I can. I would start charting but I'm not sure how to start up again in FF? Thanks for any wisdom you might be able to share xx

**Update - my FS rang this afternoon with my blood results from this morning. She said my hcg is down from 16000 to 400 and my progesterone is 1. She told me to expect a bleed in about 3 days time? I hadn't been told this by my OB/GYN who did the surgery... thank god she told me to expect it or I would of been so worried when it started!
    She said we will test all of my numbers again in a week and also test my E2 to watch it rise and catch the first egg, so at least now I can breathe a little easier trying to work out when to 'dtd' - now to get the husband on board - willingly or not...
    Everybody is different, sometimes you get AF before first PP O, like I did after first loss. Sometimes you O before first PPAF like I did with 2nd loss (and d&c). In both cases though it was about a month from loss to O or AF. All I can recommend is to test out the hcg with hpts and opks. That will give you more definitive knowledge than anyone else can. Once your hcg reaches 0 (hpts will be - before this, that is when I switched to OPKs) you will either O or AF will show. As an added bonus, if you are already testing with opks you'll see an LH surge if you are about to O. HTH. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited by twointow83; August 21st, 2015 at 11:27 AM.
    Our family is complete

9. Thanks ImmiNAddi thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it was wrong of them to say "expect a bleed in 3 days' time" as I have never once heard something like this ever told to anyone.

Please let me know if this actually does occur if you can because this is not something I have ever seen work out. I was under the impression that they literally could not tell????
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think it was wrong of them to say "expect a bleed in 3 days' time" as I have never once heard something like this ever told to anyone.

Please let me know if this actually does occur if you can because this is not something I have ever seen work out. I was under the impression that they literally could not tell????
    This is what I was thinking...

Our family is complete

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was very confused too - I would of thought that all of the 'stuff' was gone because of the surgery? I am wondering if she thought that I still had to have the miscarriage? She wasn't the dr who did the surgery (she has been away for the last week or so). I'm thinking she was telling me when to expect to miscarry? She did say that it will be not like a normal bleed, saying there would be lots of 'skin' type bits etc....
    My Ob who did the surgery said that a period would come in the next 6 wks etc

Unsuccessful HT attempt March 2015

Sway baby August 2015 @ 8 weeks **testing revealed it was a (Trisomy 16)

Chemical pregnancy start of Nov 2015

Hoping for a soon - like REALLY soon!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmiNAddi View Post
    I was very confused too - I would of thought that all of the 'stuff' was gone because of the surgery? I am wondering if she thought that I still had to have the miscarriage? She wasn't the dr who did the surgery (she has been away for the last week or so). I'm thinking she was telling me when to expect to miscarry? She did say that it will be not like a normal bleed, saying there would be lots of 'skin' type bits etc....
    My Ob who did the surgery said that a period would come in the next 6 wks etc
    That sounds more likely but even still nobody can know for sure. Each time is different for each woman.

Our family is complete

14. Likes ImmiNAddi, atomic sagebrush liked this post