Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Increasing high Hcg but measuring 2wks behind and not fetal pole

HCG betas:

1/2 (Sat) 50,000
    1/4 (Mon) 72,000
    1/7 (Thur/today) 110,000

Went to ER on Saturday, which was 7wks based on LMP or 7w2d based on O', due to some pain and spotting. DX with 3 infections, dilated pelvic vessels, and cyst on right ovary. In ultrasound the ER dr said there was only a yolk sac and was measuring 6w0d. So they checked my betas and told me it was possible I was having miscarriage but was too early to tell and to get betas checked again on Monday.

Monday I went and betas increased. But Ob called and wanted to be cautious due to ERs finding and wanted me to come in on Thursday for scan and betas again. Today, Thursday, betas are still increasing and both the tech and dr said they were high. Today would be 7w5d based on LMP or 8w0d based on O'. But There was still only a yolk sac and no fetal pole still, yolk sac still measuring at 6w0d just like Saturday. There was second yolk sac in the same gestational sac right next to the first sac but it was lighter and looks like it is deteriorating (vanishing twin) which he said could be the reason my betas are high and that the other sac hasn't developed a fetal pole yet because my body was dealing with 2 yolk sacs. He said he can't say confirmed yet because no fetal pole and heart beat which again he said is weird because betas are high. Wants to do another scan in 2 weeks to see if I have progressed. If I have then all is good, if I haven't I have lost both babies and not just 1. I feel more discouraged now than before even though my Hcg levels are going up. Anyone know of a possible good outcome to measuring 2weeks behind and without fetal pole?
    DSS #1 (2006)
    DS #2 (2007)
    DS #3 (2009)
    (April 2012 @7weeks)
    (July 2015 @7weeks)
    (Jan 2016 @9weeks, identical twins)

Ttcing in 2016. Praying for a little to complete this household of boys!! But another boy would be loved!

My FF Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hun. I'm so sorry to hear this, what an awful limbo to be in. I'm not very knowledgeable in this arena but I do think (and feel) that it's quite possible the one twin will be just fine. I hope you get more definitive answers soon and I'll be praying for you.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are 7+ weeks and there is no change, that's a blighted ovum. I assume they checked your tubes? Could infection cause this?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr said that it is not a blighted ovum because there is a yolk sac and it is in the uterus. He acted like the one would be fine but he did talk about options if I'm miscarrying. He didn't seem as concerned as I am because he wasn't at the ER to see their measurements. No change in size but a new yolk sac and not fetal poles yet.
    DSS #1 (2006)
    DS #2 (2007)
    DS #3 (2009)
    (April 2012 @7weeks)
    (July 2015 @7weeks)

Ttcing in 2016. Praying for a little to complete this household of boys!! But another boy would be loved!

My FF Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What infections exactly, do you know? Where in the body was each?

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeast infection, pelvic infection, and UTI
    DSS #1 (2006)
    DS #2 (2007)
    DS #3 (2009)
    (April 2012 @7weeks)
    (July 2015 @7weeks)

My FF Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id be most concerned about the pelvic infection. Any idea how serious it is?

My Ovulation Chart

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not very serious, they said it was slight. Only one full blown is the UTI. The Ob didn't want to believe I have a pelvic infection. I'm just tying I grasp at straw that I don't lose both of my babies.
    DSS #1 (2006)
    DS #2 (2007)
    DS #3 (2009)
    (April 2012 @7weeks)
    (July 2015 @7weeks)

My FF Ovulation Chart

9. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so relieved to hear that. Fx for your bub and hoping you heal up quickly, UTIs are so awful.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're in good hands with your doctor being proactive. FX for happy outcome! I also had a vanishing twin that ended with a happy healthy baby.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks signingmommyfor3 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast