Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bleeding in week 15

Perhaps someone can help me, here is what happened to me:

Some days ago, I was 14+3 (I am 14+5 today) I got the shivers and felt nauseous and sick as if I was coming down with a tummy bug. I went to bed and fell asleep instantly. Woke up at 1am feeling very sick, but couldnt throw up as my tummy was empty. Was very tired and went back to sleep. At 4am my dd woke up thirsty. I got up to get her some water and suddenly felt a gush of warm fluids run down my legs, it was different to anything I have felt before, (probably like waters breaking, but mine never broke naturally, they were ruptured at almost 10cms by my midwife each time). The gush was uncontrollable, it just came running out. I went to the bathroom to switch on a light and saw that I had left a trail of blood stained water (that is how I would describe it, it was light red) from my bed to my dds bed to the bathroom.... My husband (who is an OB) said we wouldnt have to go to hospital immediately as the bleeding then stopped. It was like somethign had burst.... The next mornign we went in and the scan showed nothing. no abnormalities. So they said that most likely it was some kind of a hemmorrhage bleed, only they couldnt see it.

Who has experienced this? Wouldnt they see it if it was a hemorrhage? I have had the most indepth 12 week scan by a super experienced Tech (my husbands colelague, very very senior. She scanned me for almost an hour checking absolutely everything just 3 weeks ago!!!) I am so worried that part of my placenta has detached or something like that. (they said the placenta looks fine, but who knows).

I am having a posterior placenta for the first time and this struck me as odd (my 3 other pregnancies had anterior placentas, so maybe that is the safer or better option for me?) I hve never ever bled, not even during the early stages of pregnancy, not even spotting, nothing... so this strikes me as really, really odd.

Would love to hear from someone who had a bleed in the 2nd trimester and what happened next...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a major bleed at 9 weeks and am now 17+.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could you kindly explain to me what it was like if this is ok for you? I feel so confused since it was like a fluid tinged with blood rather than pure blood....

Isnt a bleed at 9 weeks still classified as "more normal" than in week 15? I have heard of lots of causes for bleeds in the early weeks, but I am so scared because I am in week 15 and they never saw any hemorrhage or the likes .... I wish they could tell me what is wrong. I am so scared because I have seen my baby fully completed, with his little face and button nose, him sucking his thumb etc.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in the shower and had a big gush like someone turned a tap on, of fresh blood.

Do you have a follow up scan? Were your fluid levels ok at the scan? xx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, sac was intact, baby was well, placenta looked good, nothing out of the ordinary... the said that waters breaking is almost impossible in week 15, he said he had never ever seen this happen during his career..... They think it must be a hemorrhage bleed, only they couldnt find the source... they said to take it easy (?).

I would have another scan in 1 week time anyway with my check up, but might go in again before that, although they said there is no need to check again unless if made me feel better.....Since I am only 15 weeks, they said that unfortunately it will hold no consequence since if there is a problem such as placental abruption the baby could not possibly survive anyway

Did they find a reason for your bleed? Was it like pure blood like your AF? Mine wasnt, it really was like amniotic fluid stained with blood

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nini View Post
    yes, sac was intact, baby was well, placenta looked good, nothing out of the ordinary... the said that waters breaking is almost impossible in week 15, he said he had never ever seen this happen during his career..... They think it must be a hemorrhage bleed, only they couldnt find the source... they said to take it easy (?).

I would have another scan in 1 week time anyway with my check up, but might go in again before that, although they said there is no need to check again unless if made me feel better.....Since I am only 15 weeks, they said that unfortunately it will hold no consequence since if there is a problem such as placental abruption the baby could not possibly survive anyway

Did they find a reason for your bleed? Was it like pure blood like your AF? Mine wasnt, it really was like amniotic fluid stained with blood
    I have read that if you leak amniotic fluid, your sac CAN and will repair itself! Maybe this is what happened to you?
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh my god, dont you think they would have seen an indication during the scan though? Also, the amount htat must have leaked... surely the baby would have had hardly any left... I have had no discharge since, so I guess that is a good sign. I wish baby was big enough so I could feel him to know he is well

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nini View Post
    oh my god, dont you think they would have seen an indication during the scan though? Also, the amount htat must have leaked... surely the baby would have had hardly any left... I have had no discharge since, so I guess that is a good sign. I wish baby was big enough so I could feel him to know he is well
    You know sweetie I totally wouldn't worry unless it happens again.. GET a Sonaline B doppler off of ebay to help ease your mind, they cost $50 and up. They are WORTH it! I have one.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your water broke, it continues to leak out. It keeps replenishing itself and if there is a hole, you would still be leaking.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls, I agree, as long as there is no further bleeding or leaking I just assume everything is ok. Although I overanalyse every little twinge or sting right now that otherwise I wouldnt even notice....

Yeah, I thought about getting one of those dopplers, although once I can feel baby, I am happy, should only be another 2-4 weeks until I can... please God.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast