Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help Chicken Poxs Scare!!!

A friend whos kids played with my boys on Saturday just sent an email to everyone saying that she found open chicken poxs on her daughter. My boys have not received the vaccination for poxs because they are allergic to the preservative in it. I figured one day my kids would get it after DS1 started school but not now.

I had them as a kid but the CDC website has me scared right now. It says that if you are in the 1st or 2nd trimester that it can cause birth defects, m/c, or for the mother to become very sick. If I already had them am I at risk again. Can the baby get it even tho I show no signs of it?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Purple, if you had chicken pox as a kid, you shouldn't get it again. It's possible, but pretty rare.

I had a very bad case of chicken pox when I was a toddler... I've been exposed to it on a few occasions since and haven't picked it up again.

Here's a good article on chicken pox and pregnancy: Chicken pox during pregnancy | BabyCenter
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just talked to my dad and he said I only had the red skin and fever but never had the blisters. But both my brother and sister had them at the sametime and they were sick for 3wks each and my sister was almost hospitalized because she was 1yo.

If I never had the blisters am I still immune?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea if you're immune if you only had a very mild case, but I do know in most cases people only have it once. Maybe you should call your doctor? I'm sorry this is stressing you out
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think that you had a varicella titer with your pregnancy bloodwork. They usually check rubella and cp. I would say that you most likely are immune. If you were over 1yo, were not nursing and had symptoms..I'd say you're fine, PP
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know they check for immunity in the bloodwork? Going to call now.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got chicken pox (blisters and the whole lot) at 19 weeks when i was pregnant with dd so i know exactly how worrying it is as it can be very dangerous for the baby, but the chance of baby catching chicken pox in the womb is only 2% so don't panic. If you had chicken pox as a child you will have developed antibodi's to it and have therefore nothing to worry about. Like others have said you can always ask to have bloodworks done to check for antibodies and if it comes back as negative you would then get given an antibody shot which works for 3 weeks. just remember that if you think there's a chance that you are not immune to chicken pox it's very essential to act quickly because as soon as the blisters appear it's too late for anything to be done other than to keep fingers crossed and pray for the best.
    Last edited by Sunset; April 23rd, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
    08 09 12

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you already had them as a child you cannot catch them again. Some people make that claim but it's usually that someone THOUGHT they had mild chicken pox and actually had roseola or Fifth's and their parents just thought it was Chicken Pox.

I had the mildest case of chicken pox ever - I only had like 3 little pox and was barely sick at all, and I'm still immune to it. I do not believe the baby can get it unless you become actively ill because they are enclose in the amniotic sac and can't be exposed to the germs that way. Plus, your natural immunity will still protect them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Esp. since you KNOW your brother and sister for sure had it, I wouldn't worry. Good luck!!! Hope your boys have mild cases too.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just gonna create a thread but found this one. I was worried as my DS1 came to me with spots this monring and i think it is chicken pox, so far he has 5 on one butt cheek 2 on the other, 5 ontop/under his pit one on his leg and 2 on his other arm and 1 on his groin. I think he will get more, just need to work on him not scratching his butt.

I spoke to him and he said Caiden at school had them last week and he didnt hug Caiden but Caiden hugged him.

I spoke to my mum and she said i had chicken pox as a child, so baby and i sould be ok?
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast