Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

screening results?

I got back my screening results from the blood work done at my 18 week u/s. I am 39. My results for downs were 1:200. The "normal" result is 1:270, so my test was slightly positive. The doctor wasn't overly concerned, but of course I worry. Has anyone had results like this before?

Also, my ultrasound went well; all the measurements were normal, there were no markers, and the doctor was really pleased with what he saw.

Just curious if other people have had experiences like this, and how things turned out.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea, Hobber, but I'm saying prayers it doesn't mean anything at all and that you have a perfect, healthy, happy little bean in there.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Also, my ultrasound went well; all the measurements were normal, there were no markers, and the doctor was really pleased with what he saw.
    That's excellent news Hobbi!
    My down risk was 1:303 and normal result or cut-off was 1:380, I was 14 weeks 6 days.
    My ob/gyn was worried about my results (????) and she strongly recommended amniocentesis, but since my u/s measurements were good, DH and I decided no to do it.

Our initial age risk ( at 39 ) is 1:80-1:101, so our personal results are waaay better then expected

Did you do double test ( free beta hCG and AFP)?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think thats great news and I wouldnt worry about the numbers one bit! Im so glad everything is good!!!
    '04'06'10'14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    That's excellent news Hobbi!
    My down risk was 1:303 and normal result or cut-off was 1:380, I was 14 weeks 6 days.
    My ob/gyn was worried about my results (????) and she strongly recommended amniocentesis, but since my u/s measurements were good, DH and I decided no to do it.

Our initial age risk ( at 39 ) is 1:80-1:101, so our personal results are waaay better then expected

Did you do double test ( free beta hCG and AFP)?
    I did a test at 11wks and then one at 18wks. The 11wks test (along with the NT scan) gave me 1:120 for downs. After the 18wk test I was given 1:200. SO that is better, but I would have liked something within the "normal" range. 1:270 is considered normal--I wonder why your "normal" is different? Is it because we were at different gestations?

Anyway I am trying to worry--1:200 is about a .5% chance, so that's pretty good, I guess?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I did a test at 11wks and then one at 18wks. The 11wks test (along with the NT scan) gave me 1:120 for downs. After the 18wk test I was given 1:200. SO that is better, but I would have liked something within the "normal" range. 1:270 is considered normal--I wonder why your "normal" is different? Is it because we were at different gestations?

Anyway I am trying to worry--1:200 is about a .5% chance, so that's pretty good, I guess?
    What "normal" is has to do with your age and the precise number of days of gestation you're at.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I talked to my Dr. and the 1:270 "normal" score for this particular test is the same for everyone, no matter their age. 1:200 isn't all that bad, and my doctor said he was actually surprised I got that good of a result, because of my age.
    2004 2006 2010 2012