Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gut feelings

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    with DD1 I really didn't have a feeling either way, with DD2 I knew she was a girl I just felt it, if that makes sense. With this pregnancy the minute I POAS I had a really strong feeling it was a boy, but as time went on I kept thinking maybe its a girl, but I think its just me preparing myself in case it is DD3. I guess we'll see in 6 months whether my gut feeling is right or not

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diolu and Hobbers...you ladies are having baby boys!!

With DS1, I didn't have a feeling per se, but I didn't think there was anything OTHER than a girl he could be. I mean, seriously, I didn't even contemplate or THINK we'd have a boy, I just assumed girl, so when they said "boy" and my husband excitedly smacked my leg (because he really, really wanted a boy) I felt like his smack was this huge wakeup call, like a drench of water falling on my head! I had been a health crisis a few weeks before and kept referring to the baby as "she" so it took some adjusting!

With DS2, from the very beginning when I POAS, I wanted to believe girl so badly, but I just felt he was a boy. (Part of that was knowing I BD'ed on O day and I believed very firmly in Shettles back then ...mostly because I knew DS1 came from BD on O day) so I felt he was going to be a boy, and the night before the U/S I was sick in bed because I KNEW what I was going to hear.

This time I knew from the beginning it was going to be a girl. At times, I'd question my sway and my faith and be like 'really?' but deep down I just knew this baby was my Lillian.

So I personally do believe in gut feelings, but I do believe fear can conceal the gut feeling, or you can even 'talk' yourself out of your deep gut feeling.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    I love you

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Indira View Post
    For me it was the opposite.
    With Ds2 the day I tested I felt girl very strongly.
    Then as the pregnancy proceeded, my symptoms, bump and OWT were all so similar as with DS1, that by 16 weeks I was absolutely sure it was a boy. When I had the scan I was so sure he would say boy, it was just a formality as I already knew what gender he was.

It is hard to know what is really your gut feeling, I think it is determined a lot by rational thoughts and emotions, like not wanting to get your hopes up, or for people that have no experiences with GD, by their hopes and naive feeling it is going to be their turn.

ITA with this, because EVERYONE kept telling me they were sure DD2 was a boy, and I think I heard it so much that I believed it. Especially heard from my husband at the time, who never wanted girls. But every time I would think about the baby being a boy, it just didn't feel "right" if you know what I mean. Just like when we were about to buy a new house recently....I just didn't feel it, and in the past, I've really felt a belonging in a home that we were looking at. This may be all rubbish, but ya know, I feel this way about us getting pregnant someday...and sadly, I just don't feel it. But I think Indira is also right about you wanting to protect yourself from GD. I would do the same thing, honestly, although I doubt I could stay team green!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just remembered one time I had a strong and undeniable feeling that if I bought a lottery ticket, I was going to win. It was stronger than my feelings with DS1, DS3, or this baby. It was SO strong and came from out of the blue, I hadn't been thinking about it or anything, it just popped into my head one day. Needless to say, I didn't win!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I just remembered one time I had a strong and undeniable feeling that if I bought a lottery ticket, I was going to win. It was stronger than my feelings with DS1, DS3, or this baby. It was SO strong and came from out of the blue, I hadn't been thinking about it or anything, it just popped into my head one day. Needless to say, I didn't win!
    Actually I had the same experience a few months ago with a contest I entered. I was completely sure I would win, totally confident, and was pretty shocked when I didn't.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    Thanks for being my cheerleader. I just wish I could believe it!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girl, I'm just surprised you haven't dug that video out!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I've had the "lotto confidence" recently myself...I won $5!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DD1... I just knew was a boy....wrong
    DS1.....thought boy....right
    DS2.......thought boy...right
    DD2......thought girl....right
    DD3.....thought boy.....wrong
    DD4:.....thought boy....wrong
    DS3.....thought girl.....wrong

I was doing pretty good to start off with, but things have just went down hill.
    thank you GD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DD1 knew she was a girl from the minute I found I was pregnant
    DS1 thought boy
    DD2- no clue

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast