Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gut feelings

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gut feelings

I have a gut feeling that this baby is a girl. I have no basis for this aside from what I feel. OWTs have been about 50/50 and I haven't found out gender through ultrasound or anything. My gut feelings were right about my first two children, but wrong about my 3rd, so I wonder if I am right this time.

Have you had gut feelings on gender with your pregnancies, and were you right?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I ask you what you felt your baby was on the day of your BFP?

It seems from what I've seen that first gut feeling is good... then as the scan gets closer it changes.

For example...TTC5 felt it was a boy on day one but her gut said girl right before her scan.

I think it's a boy. And I can't wait to find out!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All of my gut feelings have been right so far... I really, really wanted a girl both times, but I knew they were boys. (I "knew" my ectopic was a girl, but I'll never know for sure.)

I honestly don't know with this one. I've tried to sort it out in my mind, but I really have no idea. I think it's something of a mental block, because I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me it was the opposite.
    With Ds2 the day I tested I felt girl very strongly.
    Then as the pregnancy proceeded, my symptoms, bump and OWT were all so similar as with DS1, that by 16 weeks I was absolutely sure it was a boy. When I had the scan I was so sure he would say boy, it was just a formality as I already knew what gender he was.

It is hard to know what is really your gut feeling, I think it is determined a lot by rational thoughts and emotions, like not wanting to get your hopes up, or for people that have no experiences with GD, by their hopes and naive feeling it is going to be their turn.

6 3
    swayed for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought both my boys would be girls. I never pictured having even one boy since I grew up in an all girl family.
    With DS#2 the feeling was even stronger. Well, I was wrong!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    Can I ask you what you felt your baby was on the day of your BFP?

It seems from what I've seen that first gut feeling is good... then as the scan gets closer it changes.

For example...TTC5 felt it was a boy on day one but her gut said girl right before her scan.

I think it's a boy. And I can't wait to find out!
    I can't say for sure, because I was swaying, and there was so much riding on this--it is our last baby, and my only chance to try swaying and hopefully get it right! So I guess I have been scared since the get go that it wouldn't work, and that may have clouded my judgment. There were times in the early days that I did think it was a boy, but then the feelings of it being a girl took over, and now I just can't shake it.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I can't say for sure, because I was swaying, and there was so much riding on this--it is our last baby, and my only chance to try swaying and hopefully get it right! So I guess I have been scared since the get go that it wouldn't work, and that may have clouded my judgment. There were times in the early days that I did think it was a boy, but then the feelings of it being a girl took over, and now I just can't shake it.
    I'm so sorry.
    I wish you knew because then you wouldn't have to put yourself through this..you could have acceptance and closure.

You are a wonderful strong lady...and I hope your gut is wrong!
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a strong gut feeling DS1 would be a boy and was right (I had no gender preference.) I had no idea with DS2 (no gender preference). I swayed pink with DS3 and deep down really thought I was going to have a girl. Things just felt like they were falling into place with swaying, everything felt right for having a girl. Nope. So I'm batting about 50/50, which is pretty much what you would expect, statistically, lol. :P
    Last edited by RedCanoe; May 26th, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    I'm so sorry.
    I wish you knew because then you wouldn't have to put yourself through this..you could have acceptance and closure.

You are a wonderful strong lady...and I hope your gut is wrong!
    Don't be sorry! I would much rather be in this limbo of not knowing gender, than to KNOW for certain that the baby is a girl. At least now I can dream, you know? And once the baby is here, if it really is a girl,then I will accept that so much better when handed a baby in the delivery room.

I am still enjoying feeling the baby kick and stuff, and all of that was ruined by GD last time, so I really am not in a bad place right now at all.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Don't be sorry! I would much rather be in this limbo of not knowing gender, than to KNOW for certain that the baby is a girl. At least now I can dream, you know? And once the baby is here, if it really is a girl,then I will accept that so much better when handed a baby in the delivery room.

I am still enjoying feeling the baby kick and stuff, and all of that was ruined by GD last time, so I really am not in a bad place right now at all.
    That's good!!!
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast