Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Membranes stripped to start labor

Has anyone had their membranes stripped to start labor? Did it work or not? With my last pregnancy my doctor stripped my membranes at 39 weeks thinking it would start labor. I was already dilated to 2cm before the procedure. I had a lot of cramping and contractions that day but they stopped by the next morning. When I went in at 40 weeks to be induced I was 5cm. It was a super easy and fast delivery unlike the two previous labors. I'm thinking if I'm late again I might ask her to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DS2, I was 37 weeks and already 5 CM. The dr. went ahead and stripped my membranes in the dr. office - about 2 PM and by 7 PM I was in labor! I had cramping from the moment I walked out the door at the dr. office and it never stopped!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It only worked after my water had broken on its own that morning. Worked immediately when doctor did it then.

They tried with DD3 and DS and it did nothing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did it with DS 3 (I was barely dilated at all) and I was in early labor on the way home from the doctor's office and gave birth about 10 hours later and true labor was intense but short and easy. With DS 4 we couldn't do it because I had placenta previa. I would def. do it again if I get the chance!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wOw ..I've had them break my water, but this is a new thing I've never heard of! LOL
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my membranes stripped after I had been having mild contractions and they stopped. I was pretty uncomfortable after the stripping, but went into real labor a few hours later.
    and my HT

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Butterfly Spirit- I wasn't aware of the procedure until baby #3 so your not alone. My old group that I delivered my first 2 kids with never mentioned it to me. I'm just surprised it didn't put me into full blown labor like everyone else.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, totally worked for me. With DD2 I went into labour only a few hours after having it done
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my membranes stripped at 10:00 AM today. I am 39 weeks, 2.5cm dilated and 80% effaced. So far I have just been having lots of menstrual like cramps but nothing so painful to go to the hospital. My doctor also told me to take 2 tablespoons of castor oil. I have had no side effects from the castor oil yet. I'm hoping the baby comes tomorrow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe a dr would recommend castor oil! It can cause issues with the baby having the first bowl movement in the womb! And it gives you the runs which is not pretty in labour and delivery

Good luck baby will be coming sooner than later at this point
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast