Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bilateral uterine notching

Has anyone else experienced this in a previous pregnancy?
    October 2009 February 2011 November 2012 April 2014

Hoping for our !

Cycle 1 HRC Dec 2013: 13 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 HB frozen
    Cycle 2 HRC Feb 2014: 19 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 12 HB + 4 frozen tested
    4 XX / 4 XY
    March 18, 2013 - BFP; Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks & 7 weeks
    April 12, 2013 - 8 weeks, no longer a heartbeat & M/C due to large SCH.
    FET August 2014: 1 embryo thawed & arrested. 2nd (and last) embryo thawed & transferred. Faint BFP 5dp6dt; 9dp6dt beta <1 Chemical

Now what to do........

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean like sharp pain?
    I didn't have it in previous pregnancies, this time sharp pain on the right quite often. I'm having a girl again
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not the pain but something very different....

Systolic and Diastolic are are related to heart beats. Uterine Artery is blood vessel carrieng blood around uterous. Notches are blood flow pulses like similar to beats. Below is taken from other answers from ndtv site related to pregnency.

At 16 weeks of pregnancy it is perfectly normal for one or both main uterine arteries to show an early diastolic notch. As pregnancy advances this notch disappears. It reflects the relationship between the growing placenta and the muscles and blood vessels in the uterus. The notch disappears by 22 weeks of pregnancy. Persistence of the notch after 22 weeks is associated with pregnancy-induced hypertension, low birth weight, and higher rates of operative delivery and longer duration of nursery care. The notch can be very satisfactorily treated with medication. There is no cause for alarm at this stage.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what I'm referring to

I'm 24 weeks with my 3rd pregnancy, and had never been tested for this before. But this pregnancy, I had my PAPP-A level come back borderline (0.4 and their limit for "normal" is 0.4) so I got referred to Maternal Fetal Medicine, and they discovered this. I can't find much about it online though, other than the devastating effects it can mean for baby (and me - pre-E). I've NEVER had any symptoms of Pre-E before, and my babies have always been a good size - 8.5lbs). So, what is confusing me, is why is this coming up THIS pregnancy? Wouldn't the uterine arteries be the same, regardless of pregnancy? I mean, if I were going to have it, wouldn't I have it each and every time because that's the way my arteries are? I just wonder if it isn't some random thing that they caught, that I perhaps have always had, but has never caused trouble.... Anyone with experience??

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    It is not the pain but something very different....

Systolic and Diastolic are are related to heart beats. Uterine Artery is blood vessel carrieng blood around uterous. Notches are blood flow pulses like similar to beats. Below is taken from other answers from ndtv site related to pregnency.

At 16 weeks of pregnancy it is perfectly normal for one or both main uterine arteries to show an early diastolic notch. As pregnancy advances this notch disappears. It reflects the relationship between the growing placenta and the muscles and blood vessels in the uterus. The notch disappears by 22 weeks of pregnancy. Persistence of the notch after 22 weeks is associated with pregnancy-induced hypertension, low birth weight, and higher rates of operative delivery and longer duration of nursery care. The notch can be very satisfactorily treated with medication. There is no cause for alarm at this stage.
    October 2009 February 2011 November 2012 April 2014

Hoping for our !

Cycle 1 HRC Dec 2013: 13 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 HB frozen
    Cycle 2 HRC Feb 2014: 19 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 12 HB + 4 frozen tested
    4 XX / 4 XY
    March 18, 2013 - BFP; Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks & 7 weeks
    April 12, 2013 - 8 weeks, no longer a heartbeat & M/C due to large SCH.
    FET August 2014: 1 embryo thawed & arrested. 2nd (and last) embryo thawed & transferred. Faint BFP 5dp6dt; 9dp6dt beta <1 Chemical

Now what to do........