Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miscarriage questions

So I am 3 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I went to the doctor yesterday and forgot to ask!!! I know I am incredibly early in a pregnancy but I was wondering what the chances of miscarriage are???
    No previous miscarriage or infertility. I am 22, DH is 26, we got preg first shot, and with DS we got preg while on the birth control pill - so I'd like to think we are an uber fertile couple lol but how does this affect my chances of miscarriage? Are we decently safe at all?
    We are wondering when to start telling people. We have told family already, but not friends. When is it ok to make it public? I know they say 12 weeks, but I doubt I can keep it a secret that long LOL. I guess no one can really have a pin point answer, maybe just wanted to hear some reassurance, I'm not sure lol
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you are extremely early in your pregnancy. Most people would not even know they are pregnant at this point! I do think testing so early can lead to a lot of heartache, because sometimes things just don't work out and AF comes anyway, and you would have never even known there was a pregnancy. But I do understand testing early - when you are trying, you just want to know!!

I have had three healthy pregnancies and no miscarriages. I always feel like I am tempting fate getting pregnant again. But if you don't try, you will never know what would have happened.

I don't think there is any point worrying about it unless you have a lot of cramping and/or spotting, and even then, I know a lot of people who had cramping and spotting and still ended up with a baby nine months later. If you are concerned, you can always call your OB and ask for a beta to get some reassurance.

I usually don't tell anyone except for my dh (or course) and my mom and maybe my sister until at least 10 weeks (or my first OB appt.)
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Google miscarriage statistics...it depends on your age and gestation...I just did a quick search and I'm attaching the first link that came up.
    https://sites.google.com/site/miscar...rriage-general
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies, I did some research but think I am going to stop now as I don't want to get myself worked up haha!!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally feel like the easier it is for someone to get pregnant and the younger they are the less of a risk. I know many women who have a hard time getting pregnant and they miscarry a lot. I also know women like myself that fall pregnant their first try and they have never had a miscarriage and are on their 3, 4th, 5th pregnancies.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats7.gif

Cvd, Try not to think about M/C right now, or you will drive yourself CRAZY trust me.
    Just enjoy the little bean that you are carrying and start thinking about the future.
    Once you've had one though it's HARD not to. I used to watch the girls on youtube in so much fear with their rainbow babies.. and I would want to tell them, come on ladies it's a whole new pregnancy.. Here I am halfway through and still can't shake the feelings I started with.
    But you just have to concentrate on the here and now and be happy with what you have!
    I wish you a Happy & Healthy 9 months hon!

PS. I told my mom and sis right away, but we didn't tell a soul in Dh family until around 12 weeks.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to throw in there that buying a $50 Sonaline B doppler off of ebay was one of the best and most worth it purchases I've ever made!
    The peace of mind is awesome and later on if you don't feel baby kicking.. the doppler will pick all of that up, it's very fun to see what baby is up to!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    I just wanted to throw in there that buying a $50 Sonaline B doppler off of ebay was one of the best and most worth it purchases I've ever made!
    The peace of mind is awesome and later on if you don't feel baby kicking.. the doppler will pick all of that up, it's very fun to see what baby is up to!
    Oh my goodness, I have literally been looking at dopplers all evening!!! Lol! That's too weird! I'm over thinking about the miscarriage I'm sure everything will be fine. My doctor had no concerns and issued my bloodwork papers right away so I'm certain she would have said something or told me to come back in a couple weeks lol! But I want a Doppler just cause I think it's soo cool! It's weird how with DS, who wasn't planned, miscarriage never crossed my mind. I just assumed all was well but with this one I thought about it a bit more and I have no history of complications etc lol maybe just the mom worry wart coming out in me that I wasn't before!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    Oh my goodness, I have literally been looking at dopplers all evening!!! Lol! That's too weird! I'm over thinking about the miscarriage I'm sure everything will be fine. My doctor had no concerns and issued my bloodwork papers right away so I'm certain she would have said something or told me to come back in a couple weeks lol! But I want a Doppler just cause I think it's soo cool! It's weird how with DS, who wasn't planned, miscarriage never crossed my mind. I just assumed all was well but with this one I thought about it a bit more and I have no history of complications etc lol maybe just the mom worry wart coming out in me that I wasn't before!!
    That is GREAT! I heard my babe pretty much right at 12 weeks, and I was so happy that I made a video of it and put it on here. I just like to spread as much hope on here as I can. I'm so happy for you and your new pregnancy, and I must say you have a very handsome little man there in your avatar!
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunatly a lot of women experience m/c at some point, but there are thoes who never do. It is not something you can predict or should expect. Usually it is a case of something going wrong with the development of the baby and nothing to do with the mother or father. I think it is normal to have thoughts about it even if you have never experienced it, we are human and we tend to think about what bad things may happen to us. I wish no couple ever had to suffer such a loss, but nature must take its course if things aren't right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast