Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah. I don't know. DS1 always measured a few days behind schedule and is now in 75th percentile for height. DS2 always measured right on and he's only in 25th percentile. This one (I did HT for girl but we'll see!) is also measuring right on schedule.
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping if anyone else has more responses.This baby started measuring 2 days behind after being on track. DD did always measure ahead, so is gender that much of an impact? And did people still have healthy babies even when measuring behind when previously measuring ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS2 always measured small during my pregnancy and is still small even now at 4 years old. He's a healthy kid, but was just over 6 pounds at birth (full term) when my babies are normally around 7-7.5 lbs. I think gender can be an influencing factor in gestational size but really I think it's just a combination of things like genetics, diet, accuracy of measurements (they can be off sometimes), and environmental factors. Also depending on gestational age, measurements from one baby to another can vary a lot even though the baby is healthy.

This study on how mom can influence gestational size is interesting https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3437780/
    There's also this one about baby's sex influencing size:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5135770/
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People come to me worried about this all the time (baby was ahead but then next scan is a little behind) and they go on to have normal healthy babies at the end of it. Happens at least 2-3 times a week!

We often underestimate how much the skill/caring of the tech comes into play, we're deailing with milimeters of growth and they can absolutely get it wrong sometimes. They may have measured just a wee bit wrong both times (in opposites directions) and that ended up looking like a 2 day margin when in reality there has been no change at all and the baby is growing at the same pace it always was!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just read something that prednisone can affect growth early on, including of the genitals, so now I'm all stressed about that since I'm on it. But stressed about weaning too. Sigh.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Steroids can slow growth (one of my sons has to take them for severe allergies, and I worry about it too!) But just keep in mind that no matter what, there was a downside here. The prednisone is very possibly helping this pregnancy to stay and so while yes, this can be a thing, at the same time if you need it, you need it, you know? I know it's still worrying but you are doing the best you can and there are always downsides to any course of action you take.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12