Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

First u/s - measuring bigger/smaller and gender?

OK...it is Saturday and DH is at work, kids watching a movie and I am bored. So, what else do I think about? Gender!

Just wondering if there is any correlation to whether baby measured bigger or smaller at first u/s and gender.

DS1 measured 3 days ahead of what my due date should have been and he has always been a bigger kid (80th percentile for height and weight) and DS2 measured 1 day ahead. This time baby measured 2 days behind so just wondering if it could mean girl or maybe just a smaller boy!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ds1 i had no idea of dates and i went into labour on my due date he was born two days later but looked really over cooked so its poss they got him wrong based on size and he was late (so small for gestation)

ds2 and ds3 they moved my dates saying babe was bigger than my dates but i went into labour and delivered day before the date i'd figured for one, day after for the other and i was sure of my dates so babe measured big for gestation for both of them
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With both my boys they moved my dates back after the u/s. With ds1 it was by 6 days (and he was actually born 2 days early by their dates) and with ds2 it was by about 4 days I think and he was born 10 days earlier then that. They also told me at a later scan with ds2 that he was a big baby (and worried me silly) and when he was born he was only 7lbs! x
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it could all depend on whether or not you were confident in O date when determining due date. As we all know, that can get screwy!! Fun to see everyone's experiences though!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DS1 he was way small, about 3 weeks small, but consistently so he was fine and came on due date, he is just tall and skinny..
    DS2 was WAY ahead of due date and came early and was still over 7 lbs.. lol so totally different and both boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure but I hope so! I know when I ovulated and what not and my U/S dated me back almost a week so I am hoping the baby being so small means it's a girl. I do know girls run smaller than boys but really there is nothing to compare it to since each baby is different...
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys were always bigger than they were supposed to be!!!
    I bet you're on to something with girls being smaller!!!

(Crossing fingers & toes for you!!!)
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two girls and a boy on the way, all of them have measure 1-2 weeks ahead and my girls were just shy of 9lbs and I am sure my boy will be the same , I must just make big babies

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently had a friend with the same situation! She wondered the same thing. Her first three (boys) all measured consistently 3-4 days ahead at the early sono and a week or more at later ones. Her fourth child was always small. Measured 3 days behind at her 8 week sono and a week-and-a-half by the due date. She was team green, but delivered her fourth boy. He is just more petite than his brothers. BUT...even her midwife predicted a girl because of the size variation. So, I think her case might not be the rule. If her midwife even predicted a girl, there might be something to it.

My first measured on time early on. And a little ahead by his delivery time (about a week). My second was 3-4 days ahead at 8 weeks and was measuring a full month ahead by 35 weeks. I have an early sono next Monday, I wonder what it might hold for me!
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys - always measured at least 1.5 to 2 weeks ahead on ultrasound.

This baby (girl) - always measured within 1-2 days.
    and coming end of November!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast