Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, and i never would do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbowman View Post
    Not having a home birth unfortunately. But having a water birth in a hospital, attended by a CNM. I'm really looking forward to it.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To each their own, I guess. I've had both and certainly preferred my homebirth to my hospital birth!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany12345 View Post
    This seemed unnecessary.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany12345 View Post
    WHY ? Have u looked into it or are you far from hospital ? Each to their own but there is nothing to be scared of
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its something i really wanted with ds3 and planned it all with my midwife but i ran into complications and ended up in hospital due to bleeding. Its not something i would do with this baby to be honest, although i love the idea the reality in the end was quite scary. When things went wrong it all happened really quickly and as we are 20 mins from the hospital by ambulance / car if something were to wrong that could mean the difference between my baby being safe.

I think its an amazing experience and something i would have loved to have tried but i am neurotic mother anyway and too much of a scaredy cat after my last birth but good luck to all of those who try it x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had DS1 in hospital - was quite long and boring!!! I really wanted ds2 at home but ds was making me feel bad about it but midwife talked him around but he was 2 weeks overdue - born the day I was due to go in for inducement - it was lovely but he was back to back, cord round neck and 10lb and 2mins to resuscitation but midwifes were excellent and despite everything I wanted ds3 at home. Due to ds2 size midwife recommended if I went past my due date I should go to hospital - I went along with what they felt happy with - dont think they had forgotten ds2!!! Anyway went overdue by 2 days so went to hospital and had lovely water birth which was great. We now have new birthing centre so going there for this next one as for some reason I feel more nervous. But home births are so so lovely and would recommend to anyone. Sorry for going on!!!!
    2003 2005 2010
    Swayed so really hoping for a little

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I meant dh lol!!! My 22 month old at the time didmt say anything!!!!
    2003 2005 2010
    Swayed so really hoping for a little

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure why you say this, I wrote what I wrote for good reason. When I was pregnant with my son, with a PERFECT pregnancy I might add!! I gained 15 pounds, he was measuring perfectly, I have had 3 beautiful perfect uncomplicated births before him, I was the "Prime" candidate for a home birth. I decided against it, sand thank God I did. When I was 7 cm my cord prolapsed and they performed a CRASH section, they had him out in less than 90 seconds. If I would have been at home he would have DIED!!

And now I am of the opinion that all women should have there babies in the hospital. This of course is MY opinion!! Before this happened I was more of the opinion to each there own, but not anymore.There are so many things that can happen and life can change in the blink of an eye. It of course it every womens choice, but I thank God that I was in the hospital and my Elijah survived.

I think is great to have a water birth or a great birth plan, but the bottom line is that the unforseen can ALWAYS happen, Nobody is immune or untouchable.

And no I didn't have excess water, and there was Absolutely no indication that this would happen, but it did.

Quote Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
    This seemed unnecessary.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that Tiffany and your is one of the stories that does make people think twice but incidents like that and uterine rupture from a VBAC are so few and far between that it still doesnt put me off.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiffany, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to disagree wholeheartedly with it. In normal, low-risk pregnancies, homebirth can be a wonderful option for those of us who choose it. Under the care of qualified midwives, homebirth has been PROVEN to be equally safe as hospital birth. I think women who have their babies in the hospital are accepting risks of a different nature. First, hospital births have a higher rate of medical interventions-that's not what I wanted for my baby or I. Second, hospitals are buildings designed to care for sick people. I don't view labour and delivery as an illness and I wouldn't place myself or my newborn into a germ infested building without feeling it was warranted. Of course, I recognize that homebirthing isn't main****** and it can be controversial. I'm fine with that. I'll do what I feel is best for my baby and you'll do what you feel is best for yours. You can judge my choice if you like,making grand statements like "And now I am of the opinion that all women should have there babies in the hospital." but it's no skin off my nose.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast