Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I am entitled to my opinion. And I think it great that people homebirth, I just don't agree with it.
    Never meant to offend anybody. And no matter how advanced we get medically we simply cannot predict the unseen, and I am very thankful to be in a hospital where 'if I need it' medical intervention is available. I know every women thinks it won't happen to her I was the same way, but it did and he lived and I will be forever grateful for the Dr & Nurses that saved his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Tiffany, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to disagree wholeheartedly with it. In normal, low-risk pregnancies, homebirth can be a wonderful option for those of us who choose it. Under the care of qualified midwives, homebirth has been PROVEN to be equally safe as hospital birth. I think women who have their babies in the hospital are accepting risks of a different nature. First, hospital births have a higher rate of medical interventions-that's not what I wanted for my baby or I. Second, hospitals are buildings designed to care for sick people. I don't view labour and delivery as an illness and I wouldn't place myself or my newborn into a germ infested building without feeling it was warranted. Of course, I recognize that homebirthing isn't main****** and it can be controversial. I'm fine with that. I'll do what I feel is best for my baby and you'll do what you feel is best for yours. You can judge my choice if you like,making grand statements like "And now I am of the opinion that all women should have there babies in the hospital." but it's no skin off my nose.
    Last edited by stillwanttwomore; November 2nd, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not for me, but I support women who choose it, as long as they're informed, low risk, and under the care of a qualified professional.

I've had 4 hospital births, the last being a c-section for breech. Except for the first time (which was AWFUL...I still hate that doctor) I was happy with how things went. I was happily planning a RCS this time but my OB said I was a perfect candidate for a vbac so I'm going to give it a try. Definitely want to be in the hospital though.

Good luck to everyone!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also love the idea and the fact that hospitals are now trying to accomdate mothers more in their requests, like waterbirths, and other "birthing methods(whatever they may be)" the mother would like. I think it is great!!!

I just know that as a mother fi I was to have a home birth and God forbid something did happen, i KNOW that for the rest of my life I would myself responsible for that decision. And I am just not willing to take that chance becuase no matter how low risk I was/am (and I was low risk) there is always that chance that something can go wrong. And in my case it did.

And I did have a succesful BAVC with my 5th which was AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Sorry to hear that Tiffany and your is one of the stories that does make people think twice but incidents like that and uterine rupture from a VBAC are so few and far between that it still doesnt put me off.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it's so much your opinion as how you're portraying it. The way you state said opinion seems very bitter and abrasive. And there's no need for such. This thread was obviously intended for women who are having homebirths, so that the author could find like-minded mothers on this forum. It seems your only purpose was to come here and rain on the parade, so to speak. Correct me if I'm wrong, however that's the strong impression I have received from your posts.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are wrong...this is how I feel, I am entitled to how I feel just as you are. And I stand by what I said I do think that ALL women should have their babies in the hospital, and I am referring only to location, not method. If you take it as abrasive that's your issue...not mine. I am sure women are not going to change their mind on having a home birth or not. But the bottom line is anything can happen during child birth in the blink of an eye. If I have been even a 3 minute drive away from the hospital my son would have died, so yes this makes me feel very stongly about this issue becuase i would never want this to happen to a mother where she would lose her child.

I have no reason to fell bitter, I have my son If you find this post offensive maybe what I wrote has struck a cord with your decision.............I am not judging any mother that decides to do a home birth, but I have a difficult time understanding why someone would choose to have a home birth when there are such high stakes risks, no matter how small the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
    I don't think it's so much your opinion as how you're portraying it. The way you state said opinion seems very bitter and abrasive. And there's no need for such. This thread was obviously intended for women who are having homebirths, so that the author could find like-minded mothers on this forum. It seems your only purpose was to come here and rain on the parade, so to speak. Correct me if I'm wrong, however that's the strong impression I have received from your posts.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to work in a children's rehabilitation hospital- and I mainly worked with the infants. I did have a few patients that were the result of home births 'gone bad'. I know it's not the majority- but it's so hard to get those stories out of your head especially since they could have possibly had a different outcome. If I didn't work in healthcare- I may have once thought about home birthing. It sounds like an awesome thing as long as you can guarantee nothing going wrong. Then again you can't completely ever guarantee nothing going wrong during any type of birth. I would never judge anyone for making the decision to home birth though. Just educate yourselves and make the best decision for you and your family.
    2007 2009
    Newest little dude due May 2013

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your posts have been mildly irritating to me, Tiffany, but not because it's "struck a chord with my decision". No, my decision to have a homebirth is one that I'm entirely comfortable with. There are a couple of reasons I'm not loving your comments here. As a PP mentioned, this thread was probably started with the intention of finding like-minded women, excitedly planning their next homebirth. You're kinda crashing the party with some fear-mongering. No worries, though. Any woman who's planned a homebirth has already heard a horror story or two from a neighbour or a friend of a friend's aunt. Despite the horror stories, they've gone on to do their research and found that homebirths are equally safe to hospital births. Sometimes, they're safer. Like I mentioned earlier, I've experienced both a hospital and homebirth and can say with certainty that my homebirth was healthier for both my baby and me. My first son was born in hospital, with standard hospital interventions, and spent the first 3 days of his life on antibiotics because of a germ he picked up in the ward. My second son is almost 2 and has been the picture of health since his midwife caught him. Homebirth may not be the right choice for you, Tiffany, and I respect that but hospital births aren't the right choice for ALL women.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, its too bad it can never be 100% that everything will great. In the end whatever happens, happens.
    And like you said things can go wrong no matterhwere you give birth. After what happened to me I like knowing that if unforseen circumstances arise again, I will be in a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by jark22 View Post
    I used to work in a children's rehabilitation hospital- and I mainly worked with the infants. I did have a few patients that were the result of home births 'gone bad'. I know it's not the majority- but it's so hard to get those stories out of your head especially since they could have possibly had a different outcome. If I didn't work in healthcare- I may have once thought about home birthing. It sounds like an awesome thing as long as you can guarantee nothing going wrong. Then again you can't completely ever guarantee nothing going wrong during any type of birth. I would never judge anyone for making the decision to home birth though. Just educate yourselves and make the best decision for you and your family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry guys I have asked atomic to delete this post as I never wanted to start a debate I just wanted to talk to other home birthing mums. Once deleted I'll start a new thread where we can gather and would appreciate that no one others than those genuinely interested in experiencing or have experiences of homebirth comment. Thank u and sorry again
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Mum23Boys. I'll see you in the new thread!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast