Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If that were true, then you wouldn't feel the need to defend it. And it is not fear-mongering. Things can happen, birthing is never 100% safe no matter how low risk you are. And I happen to like hearing from both side of ALL issues because perhaps there is SOMETHING that I had not thoguht of. If the original poster was looking for like-minded people thats fine, my response NEVER called anyone stupid or mis-informed of claimed they do not love their child or that they were not smart enough to do there research. My opinion is different and I have facts to back it up. And yes home birth may be safe UNTIL shit goes wrong. And then what...if something happens and you Mid-wife can't halp and you can't made it to the hospital in time....then what.....

And writing from personal experience is not a horror story....him dying would have been a horror story. He survived...he was in NICU for days, but he survived. And I personally would much rather have a child have to be on antobiotics for a few days instead of wondering whether he is going to survive becuase he didn't get enough oxygen before they could even get him out.

I know it is hard to understand but if you ever had a newborn that is clinging to dear life, then maybe you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Your posts have been mildly irritating to me, Tiffany, but not because it's "struck a chord with my decision". No, my decision to have a homebirth is one that I'm entirely comfortable with. There are a couple of reasons I'm not loving your comments here. As a PP mentioned, this thread was probably started with the intention of finding like-minded women, excitedly planning their next homebirth. You're kinda crashing the party with some fear-mongering. No worries, though. Any woman who's planned a homebirth has already heard a horror story or two from a neighbour or a friend of a friend's aunt. Despite the horror stories, they've gone on to do their research and found that homebirths are equally safe to hospital births. Sometimes, they're safer. Like I mentioned earlier, I've experienced both a hospital and homebirth and can say with certainty that my homebirth was healthier for both my baby and me. My first son was born in hospital, with standard hospital interventions, and spent the first 3 days of his life on antibiotics because of a germ he picked up in the ward. My second son is almost 2 and has been the picture of health since his midwife caught him. Homebirth may not be the right choice for you, Tiffany, and I respect that but hospital births aren't the right choice for ALL women.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trust me, Tiffany. I'm not defending my choice, I'm trying to educate you on homebirth but I can see now that it was a wasted endeavor. Take care now, ta ta.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps you didn't read my first post on this thread, I was going to have a home birth (i researched home birthing for months) with my 4th, becuase I have such awesome pregnancies, and then I changed my mind and had him in the hospital. And thank God I did, becuase if I did had had him at home, he would have been DEAD.

Trust me, Tiffany. I'm not defending my choice, I'm trying to educate you on homebirth but I can see now that it was a wasted endeavor. Take care now, ta ta.
    Last edited by stillwanttwomore; November 2nd, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you say he would've been "dead"? Oh, wow...I didn't catch that the first 19 times you said it. I'm glad he's not, honestly. Like I've said, you're entitled to your position and I'm not interested in defending home-birthing or trying to change your mind. That'd be a waste of my energy. I simply don't appreciate you stating that ALL women should be having hospital births. One horrible birth story does not equal a PhD, you are not an expert qualified to judge the choices of others. When this thread is deleted, I'll look forward to chatting with other homebirthers about our wonderful experiences. You can start a new thread titled "HOSPITAL BIRTHERS UNITE!!!'" and I'll stay out of there. See ya!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its too bad, you seem to be one of those people who can't handle others who have their own opinions...very tragic. I really don't care if you appreciate what I wrote or not...but I do think you need to look up the definition of opinion.

Did you say he would've been "dead"? Oh, wow...I didn't catch that the first 19 times you said it. I'm glad he's not, honestly. Like I've said, you're entitled to your position and I'm not interested in defending home-birthing or trying to change your mind. That'd be a waste of my energy. I simply don't appreciate you stating that ALL women should be having hospital births. One horrible birth story does not equal a PhD, you are not an expert qualified to judge the choices of others. When this thread is deleted, I'll look forward to chatting with other homebirthers about our wonderful experiences. You can start a new thread titled "HOSPITAL BIRTHERS UNITE!!!'" and I'll stay out of there. See ya!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah, I love a healthy debate-I just don't think you're cabable of one. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over....blah blah blah..."DEAD"...blah blah blah...."DEAD"...blah blah. I'm bored now, bye.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you don't, you want to make people have your view and you assume you need to educate other people....its very sad..............and how you write is extremely ignorant and childish..

Nah, I love a healthy debate-I just don't think you're cabable of one. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over....blah blah blah..."DEAD"...blah blah blah...."DEAD"...blah blah. I'm bored now, bye.
    Last edited by stillwanttwomore; November 2nd, 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany12345 View Post
    If that were true, then you wouldn't feel the need to defend it. And it is not fear-mongering. Things can happen, birthing is never 100% safe no matter how low risk you are. And I happen to like hearing from both side of ALL issues because perhaps there is SOMETHING that I had not thoguht of. If the original poster was looking for like-minded people thats fine, my response NEVER called anyone stupid or mis-informed of claimed they do not love their child or that they were not smart enough to do there research. My opinion is different and I have facts to back it up. And yes home birth may be safe UNTIL shit goes wrong. And then what...if something happens and you Mid-wife can't halp and you can't made it to the hospital in time....then what.....

And writing from personal experience is not a horror story....him dying would have been a horror story. He survived...he was in NICU for days, but he survived. And I personally would much rather have a child have to be on antobiotics for a few days instead of wondering whether he is going to survive becuase he didn't get enough oxygen before they could even get him out.

I know it is hard to understand but if you ever had a newborn that is clinging to dear life, then maybe you will.
    bad things happen in hospital all the time too you know - DS1 was induced at 10 days overdue and i hyperstimulated from the drug they used and my body tried to push my son out before i was dilated. we both had hypertension then it took them 30 minutes to get someone to do me a spinal nd get me to theatre because somene on blue light took priority - The result - My son suffered lack of oxygen and is mildly autistic, have severe dyspraxia, he has hypermib ilty, severe asthma and a range of other illnesses some of which the preofessionals have linked to his birth condition. I really believe that if they had not induced me and had let me labour naturally all of this could have been avoided.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiffany, you seem very angry, and I hope you can sort those feelings out at some point. Homebirth and homebirthing moms are not the source of your frustration, I assure you. My main reason for giving birth at home is because, for my own family, I feel 100% that it is the safest place on earth and, in fact, that a hospital is extremely risky. Interventions in the very natural process of childbirth are extremely common and can cause some very, very bad things to happen at times. So as far as it being "safe", we'll just have to agree to disagree. In the end, I think that each mother should have a right to choose where she wants to birth- wherever that may be. And I cannot dream of ever stripping a woman of that right.

Best wishes in the future of your hospital births. Mine will be taking place in the comfort of my happy home with the rest of my family gathered around me. And you know what? Both of those are okay.
    Last edited by aroundtheworld; November 2nd, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry to hear about your son, I hope he doing well after everything that happened to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    bad things happen in hospital all the time too you know - DS1 was induced at 10 days overdue and i hyperstimulated from the drug they used and my body tried to push my son out before i was dilated. we both had hypertension then it took them 30 minutes to get someone to do me a spinal nd get me to theatre because somene on blue light took priority - The result - My son suffered lack of oxygen and is mildly autistic, have severe dyspraxia, he has hypermib ilty, severe asthma and a range of other illnesses some of which the preofessionals have linked to his birth condition. I really believe that if they had not induced me and had let me labour naturally all of this could have been avoided.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast