Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, Dreamofpink, can you tell me what book it was that you read about Amish homebirths?
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
    Also, Dreamofpink, can you tell me what book it was that you read about Amish homebirths?
    The book's called A Wise Birth: Bringing Together the Best of Natural Childbirth with Modern Medicine by
    Sheila Kitzinger (Foreword), Penny Armstrong (Author) , Sheryl Feldman (Author)
    It was a fascinating read but I could never bring myself to finish it!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_P View Post
    Thank you for that, maybe its something i should re-discuss with my midwife then. Sounds silly now having asked the question i suppose she wasn't going to turn up empty handed!

In fairness although things took a bad turn in my last pregnancy if i had been being monitored it could have been spotted earlier (I went into hospital saying i was bleeding, someone had a look said it was a bloody show although i thought i was more than that and had been happening on and off for a day or so - i had gone in twice before then, but as i was in labor they kept me in, it all stopped and they tried to send me home a couple of hours later til i asked what about the bleeding, she got a bit grumpy and said let me look, then panicked and rang delivery and suddenly i was high risk, they broke my waters and me half an hour to get him out before they went in). In all the time i was the hospital i was only checked once, maybe if i'd been at home it would have been picked upon sooner - the hospitals always seem so short staffed by us which was one of the things i liked most about a home birth - proper one on one attention.

I'm hoping i'll get the same midwife i had last time, who was lovely and very supportive of home births, if i do its def a conversation i will have with her - thank you

Ps Doula what a lovely job - getting to share that miracle of watching a new little person come into the world, must be really rewarding
    MRS P i got BETTER monitoring at home than I did in hospital - with 2 trained midwives with me constantly they were always there to pick up on signs - with ds1 in hosital the same midwife was flitting between 3 of us - i probably saw here once every half hour while she went to check on the others - if naything had happened in that half hour dh had to pull the red cord.
    At my home birth i had my 2 midwives, a doula, my husband, my mum and both my sisters while dad played upstairs with the boys as they were too little to be there. Afterwards we all got into bed together as family and ordered pizza :-)
    And yes, the midwives come fully prepared - they asked for a flat surface to lay out a resus area for the baby when it was born if it was needed. Transfer time for me to hospital is 15 mins but they have an ambulance on stand by with a doctor on board tht would take care of us in those 15 mins and like i say that to me would be over 2 times as fast as waiting in the hospital to get a c section like i did with owen !!
    I am not against hospital births and if there is a real medical reason i need to go in i will - or i will look at a birthing centre which could be a compromise if you have one near you - that way no sick people !?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PS ladies Ive started a new thread for hombirthers or those interested in homebirth just so that we can lie this post to rest.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456