Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long do u keep baby in your room for next to your bed ?

Wondering how soon everyone moved their babies or will move their babies into their own rooms. I know they say 6 months as they eed to hear you breathing to regulate their own etc and to avoid cot death but i think all 3 of mine were out by 4 months as their noises kept me awake all night !! This time around we dont really have a nursery as such as its a spare room that is well used and so bubs will stay with us for 6 months i think which is a nightmare as our room is small and i can literally squeeze a moses basket next to my side of the bed or the bottom and thats it - we literally have o space at all !!! Not quite sure how we will cope to be honest its pretty cramped !!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm too much the other way with mine unfortunately, i was always a neurotic mom anyway but my ds3 had issues with his breathing when he was little - it was like he'd forget to breathe and then he'd take a sudden really dramatic gasp that looked almost painful. He was fine but he had to sleep with us til he was gone 1, he always started breathing again on his own and it didn't happen that often but the consultant he mimic our breathing pattern so he was best with us
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DD was in our room until she turned 1. It will be the same with the next bub. Then bub will have to share DDs room.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 2 year old is still in my room. SHe shared a bed with us until she was about 14 months old. THe new baby will be stuffed into our room as well. It is going to be crowded in there! I would move my 2 year old out, but she is a total terror, and I am afraid if she is in a room where I can't see/hear what she is up to, she will get up at all hours and create havoc!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DS was in a crib in his own room at about 2 months! The bassinet was too little, he kept waking up cause he didn't have enough room (and I think Dh's snoring and sleep talking wasn't helping lol) so we put him in his own room and he's slept through the night since! I plan our taking the same route with this one! But we'll see how things go may need longer with us!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I am no help my 2 an 4 yr old still sleep in my room lol one in toddler bed the other still in crib, at least my older boys sleep in their own room lol no I usually move them in their own room by 3yrs old just my preference it being easier on me, but I was trying to have #5 and lost 3 pregnancies and being caught up in that roller coaster I never got around to getting my 4yr old room ready but will be doing that soon now since I taking a ttc break, but they sleep better when they are in my room don't get up as often because they are scared or whatever because my bed is right there but when they recommend to move out I don't have clue lol just do it when you feel comfortable
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When they outgrow the bassinette.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3 years.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to find mine sleep much better when they are out of my room and im not constantly peeking at them and fiddling around with their blankets etc. So basically a little before they grow out of their moses basket, i transfer the moses basket into a cot in their own room till they get used to the room and then do away with the moses basket a week or two later. Both of them were out of my room at around 4 months.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    6 months and then i put every one one my kids into a regular bed the day they turn a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Wondering how soon everyone moved their babies or will move their babies into their own rooms. I know they say 6 months as they eed to hear you breathing to regulate their own etc and to avoid cot death but i think all 3 of mine were out by 4 months as their noises kept me awake all night !! This time around we dont really have a nursery as such as its a spare room that is well used and so bubs will stay with us for 6 months i think which is a nightmare as our room is small and i can literally squeeze a moses basket next to my side of the bed or the bottom and thats it - we literally have o space at all !!! Not quite sure how we will cope to be honest its pretty cramped !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast